Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I the only one?

Tee shirt, jeans and sneakers. That has been the standard boys' uniform since the '40's. I wear tees and jeans for work. As soon as I get home, I change. I have grown to hate the look, regardless of the cut of the clothes. I hate seeing GG's dressed that way.

Makeup addict!
    I like dresses and such, but I usually dress casually.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lacey, If I'm going to dress it's going to be feminine looking not like I'm just going to Walmart*
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm sure that if I were going out dressed, I would dress up more for my trips out and less around the house, but since I don't go out (yet), I tend to dress up more around the house than a GG would.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

There are many types of women and many types of CDs. I usually wear skirts and dresses when I go out fully dressed but I often wear woman's jeans and running shoes if I'm not wearing make-up. Woman's jeans actullly fit me better because of my hips and often wore them before I started dressing. You should do what ever makes you happy.

I can agree with you on the pantyhose. Ugh. And fashionable women don't really wear them. But dresses and heels rock. I will agree with you that they aren't comfortable and there are times when I can't wait to get out of everything after getting fully dressed. To each her own.
    Hugs,

Zoe

I certainly couldn't say that I don't like skirts, dresses, stockings and heels, but they have their place in my wardrobe as do my jeans, capris, shorts, t-shirts and sneakers. I'm just as comfortable with myself in anything that I wear and my clothing is dictated by what I'm doing and where I'm doing it.
    I don't wear a cocktail dress, seamed hose and heels to clean the house and I don't wear jeans and a t-shirt to a Christmas party.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I usealy go casual jean to dress pants tshirt blouse or sweater. But I realy like to go for it short skirt nice top hose & heels it just feels good.

Aspiring Member
    Actually, you know, as a TS woman who prefers skirts & dresses I feel like one of a rare breed. AFAIK most (TS) dress like you mention.

I like Jeans and T-Shirt or strappy top but I do like skirts. I don't particularly like dresses although I have one or two of them.

As for footwear like sandles

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pexetta View Post
    No you're not the only one. My favourite current ensemble is sweat pants, hooded top, black t-shirt and Nikes (all women's versions natch).
    If that's your penchant, then that's it. You have to feel comfortable as well as femme.

So far I have only worn skirts, dresses and femme trousers but looking to go more casual for general lounging around.
    In fact, that was my wife's suggestion as she says, most GGs don't dress up all day, every day.

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Read only
    I think Alice summed it up nicely for us older cross dressers. I am a child of the 1950's and 1960's. Women never wore slacks or pants. I do not even recall advertizements for pants for women. The last images of women in pants were from World War II when women worked in the defense industries. Our images of femininity were shaped by June Cleaver (Leave It to Beaver) and Harriet Nelson (Ozzie and Harriet). In the 1950's, even when women were chatting on the park benches watching their kids, they wore dresses. Most young girls wore dresses even when they played. Girls wore dresses to school. There were even laws in some areas prohibiting women from wearing pants.

So, if you're young, perhaps your idea of femininity was shaped differently. I've seen very pretty jean, tees and sneakers worn by young girls (pre-teens and teens) that would shape my idea of femininity f I were a child of the 2000's.

I just love wearing dresses, slips, hosiery and heels as I do the chores around the house, although I do catch heck for not cleaning the bathrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    Lacey. I f you were dressing, say anytime before 1965, you would be dressing in dresses and skirts, because very few women wore pants, sneakers, and t shirts before then.

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar

Talking

I think everyone should wear what they're most comfortable in at any given time. If you feel comfortable dressed to the nines and heading to Wal-Mart,then DO IT! There are no hard and fast rules for GG's to dress, why should there be for any of us? The key is being comfortable. If you are dressed inappropriately(I don't mean ****ty) for the venue you are going to, you will garner extra attention. If you don't mind being read,ok. If you wanna fly under the radar of most people, dress to blend as most other GG's there. That said, I enjoy all types of female attire. I think the right pair of jeans and accessories can be just as sexy as a fancy dress. Just remember to have fun, whatever you wear. After all, isn't that the whole point? Hugs, your friend in heels(and sneakers), Tonya
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

I like to dress both casual and formal. Hosiery, heels, and mini-dresses are fun to wear for an evening, but I also like jeans, sorts, and simple tops. I do need to shave more so I can wear some of the pretty casual cami tops.

Gold Member
    I think for a large section of us, their dressing may have a correlation to how often we dress. Those that dress less frequently seem to gravitate more towards dressing up for those opportunities as those opportunities need to be treasured. For those that dress regularly, the attire tends to reflect their view of what a natal woman will wear for the occasion. Of course nothing is all encompassing, but this seems common to a certain degree.

I am one to dress in many modes. But I do go out in jeans or slacks and a nice top very often. Even with that, I find I am trying to acquire more casual style skirt outfits as that was a big hole in my wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I think Alice summed it up nicely for us older cross dressers. I am a child of the 1950's and 1960's. Women never wore slacks or pants...
    I just love wearing dresses, slips, hosiery and heels...
    i just love wearing slips, too. i prefer skirts and blouses, though.

I wear girl jeans and a nice pritty top moste the time unless I'm going out to a club or something like that then I dress up more. To hear heels and a dress or skirt every day GGs don't so why would I.
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

I have to agree Lacey, my activities away from home don't lend to dresses, hose and heels. Those would not would fit my required public persona either, so I live with nice underwear and wait for costume parties. At home we have enough privacy that weather permitting I don't wear anything, when it is cold I work in coveralls.

You can't wear dresses all the time.
    It's nice to have variety.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I haven't worn a dress in 30 years. I used to love dresses and skirts, but those days are over. Just fem jeans or shorts, tees, polos, or tanks and panties and I'm happy. Just whatever makes you comfy!

You should wear what you like and what makes you feel good

As I read Lacey's post I found her choice of clothing humorous. I am wearing almost the same thing, women's cargo shorts, a women's T shirt and athletic shoes. The only obviously feminine article of clothing I have on is a pair of pink satin panties. I do not regard myself as crossdressing but only as wearing what clean clothes I could find this morning.
    I believe I have the right to wear a dress when I choose, I believe that others have the same right if they choose to wear a T shirt and jeans.

I may be off base here, but I think most CD dress they way they believe a woman should dress. i dress in heels, pantyhose and a dress most often because that outfit is how I love to see women dress. And I want to dress like a pretty woman. For me, tennis shoes, jeans, and tank tops can be worn by anyone and is androgynous. A well dressed lady is not.
    Charlie