Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crossing legs?

crossing legs?

I can sit with my legs crossed at the ankle just fine. But I'll be damned if i can cross them at the knee...when I was younger(in my teens in the last century) I could. If I'm leaning back I can, but not sitting up straight. My wife and I go out on the patio and she crosses her just fine (I know she built differently and can...damn cromosome messing with me). Any suggestions, comments or funny comments would be greatly appreciated.

Diana I'm weird. I can cross my right leg over my left but not the reverse. I actually started a couple years ago after working in a cramped space. One caution though, I ended up with temporary dropfoot from doing it for long periods of time. My doctor said to quit crossing my legs, so I don't as often as I used to.

girly girl
    right leg over left is doable. Left over right is doable but not comfortable for some reason. I always feel like Mr. Rogers when I do it in guy mode.

I've never had an issue with crossing either way, though left over right is my habit. Is your inability in the joints or is something getting in the way?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Left over right is really uncomfortable for me. No idea why though Eryn.

I never cross my legs. Not good for the back and very uncomfortable. I think it's sexier to hold your legs together

Male parts aren't the issue...it's getting that top leg into the right place.

I can cross my legs but a lot of the time it hurts after awhile as my junk gets in the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...

I can cross mine at the knee's just fine, although right leg over left is easier. It might be you need to stretch something, or have you tried some 'slimming' pants? I know when I gained weight a few years back it got a little tougher.

You need to get you one of them birth canals.... then you can cross them any way you like!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Maybe buy an electric shock zapper, and try it under that leg, and watchit fly up! Just buggin ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    You need to get you one of them birth canals!
    If I had one of thoose...you think I'd be here...especially on Saturday night

I sit with my legs crossed most of the time, in both boy and girl mode. I'm sure people regard it as strange, but probably not more than my other "tells" like long nails and eye makeup. Anyway, I find right-over-left is more comfortable for me than left-over-right, although I do alternate from time to time to keep my legs from cramping up after "sticking" in one position for too long.

When I was about 15 pounds lighter, I could even do the dreaded "double cross" for at least a few minutes at a time: legs crossed at the knees, with the foot of the "top" leg crossed behind the ankle of the opposite leg. It's very difficult for me to get into that position right now, but I'm hopeful that with some weight loss and stretching, I'll get the ability back soon.

One change in my lifestyle is that I'm wearing corsets much more regularly than a few years ago. When wearing a corset, enough muscle and fat is pushed out from the bottom of the belly into the groin area that my legs are forced farther apart at the hips, and crossing my legs is less comfortable. I'm working on this by experimenting with different ways to tighten the corset, and practicing to improve my flexibility, but I would really like to be able to achieve an hourglass waist and that uber-feminine crossed leg pose at the same time. A bit of a dilemma at the moment.

- Diane

Crossing legs very lady like.

Unless I did hormone replacement therapy (HRT), which will soften up the muscles, crossing legs is not easy or comforable for me.
    BTW, Womens' pelvises are wider, which makes it easier and more natural to cross legs. Softer muscle tissue will help too!

Arthritis doesn't help, either!

Aw come on it can't be that bad! I have no problem at all! BUT then I ain't got but one leg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

It was hard for me to cross my legs at first and even then I could only cross right over left. I asked my wife about it and she said sometimes she has trouble with left over right. I would just "practice" crossing them and eventually it became second nature. I can now cross either way and there is no need for adjusting. From my experience just keep at it and it will come.

Lexi

Crossing legs is more difficult if you have more weight in your thighs, if you haven't stretched properly, if you have over-developed muscles, or if you have testes in the way.
    To eliminate the testes, use a gaff or tape to keep them in the "pockets" up inside your hips.
    Stretching the muscles can be done in Ballet, Modern, Jazz, or Yoga.
    Diet and exercise is the trick for reducing the bulk in your inner thighs, but not muscle building exercises - in this case you do NOT want to work to the point where you are in pain. Bicycle, Stairs, or Elliptical training at a nice comfortable speed for no more than 30 minutes at a time. You should not experience tearing or muscle pain the day of your work-out or the following day.

For Americans, the right leg and foot is slightly more muscular than the left, because that's the leg used for the accelerator (and clutch for manual transmission). Pay extra attention to this leg when stretching.

Aspiring Member
    Wow. Never thought of this as an issue. I have always crossed my legs, man and boy, usually right over left, but change over from time to time. I even cross them when a passenger in the front seat of a car. I have heard people say that only women cross their legs, but I have never had a comment about this. When I am wearing a skirt or dress I might cross the legs at the ankle as well (right over left at knee, right under left at ankle), and have occasionally caught myself wanting to do this in male mode - that IS definitely something you don't do as a man. I tend not to do the ankle-only cross however I am dressed - don't find it comfortable or natural.

I can do right over left but left over right actually hurts the left leg so I don't do that very often.

Platinum Member
    I guess I'm limber...I normally, unconsciously sit with my legs crossed above the knee...either way.

Platinum Member
    Hi Diana, I've never really had any problems crossing either leg.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

After a few knee surgeries I can no longer cross my legs at the knee. It's something that just isn't comfortable. I used to be able to do it but now I just sit differently and cross them at the ankle...oh well.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Silver Member
    I can cross mine at the knee either way but i do prefer left over right. I wonder if this falls in line with being righthanded? I also agree with the idea that the most femme sitting position is uncrossed legs with knee together. I find it a bit tiring but I like having the remember to sit "like a lady". Of course this is all easier with a good tuck!