Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crossing legs?

Hi Diana,

Last November I visited Amanda Richards for a makeover and a photo shoot. During the photo shoot Amanda asked me to cross my legs at the knees and I was unable to comply. She then suggested that if I wanted to cross my left leg over my right knee, I should shift my position so I was sitting on my right hip more. By rotating my position so that I was no longer sitting squarely on my butt, but instead was sitting more towards my right hip, I was able to cross my legs in a very ladylike fashion.

I have also discovered that I am able to accomplish the same exact leg cross in my therapist's office. The coach that I sit on during my sessions has a very soft cushion which I sink into. When sitting on this cushion, my butt sinks lower into the coach and I am also able to cross my legs, in either direction, in a very feminine style.

I had problems with that too Diana. It just takes practice and body training to do it in a way to avoid crushing the "jewels".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Brown View Post
    Hi Diana,

Last November I visited Amanda Richards for a makeover and a photo shoot. During the photo shoot Amanda asked me to cross my legs at the knees and I was unable to comply. She then suggested that if I wanted to cross my left leg over my right knee, I should shift my position so I was sitting on my right hip more. By rotating my position so that I was no longer sitting squarely on my butt, but instead was sitting more towards my right hip, I was able to cross my legs in a very ladylike fashion.

I have also discovered that I am able to accomplish the same exact leg cross in my therapist's office. The coach that I sit on during my sessions has a very soft cushion which I sink into. When sitting on this cushion, my butt sinks lower into the coach and I am also able to cross my legs, in either direction, in a very feminine style.
    Great tip to share! Women often take on asymetrical poses unlike men who are symetrical and solidly based.

Banned Read only
    I can cross either way, although left over right seems more natural. I am tall, six foot, and have long legs that are slender. I think height, particularly length of the leg, has much to do about it, as well as the thickness of the thighs. I have never seen a heavy woman cross her legs. I've seen may slender women do it easily. Very sexy too.

I just stay tucked. It is then very comfortable just to keep my knees together.

Karen Sue

Interesting that those of us who do cross our legs (it definitely feels ladylike) find it easier to cross the right leg over the left rather than vice versa. I do yoga, which helps my flexibility, but I definitely find it easier to do right leg on top.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Silver Member
    It depends on how long one's legs are and how thick they are too. I have short, thick legs, and even tucked it is impossible for my to cross my legs. Even if I lost a ton of weight I doubt I could because my thighs are short. I wish I could cross my legs, but I can't, so I just keep my knees and ankles together. Not all GGs can cross their legs either, and that is what they do.

I have trouble keeping my knees together ....

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I'm lucky in that I was always able to cross my legs in any contorted female configurations .
    I asssume this is because my hips are more like a female than a male.

As a 60 year old geezer I can cross my legs easily at my knees quite easily both ways, and I can do the double cross with my right leg over my left leg and right foot behind my left leg.

John
    Last edited by JohnH; 09-02-2012 at 08:03 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

girly girl
    You know, now that I think about it, the same thing happens with fingers. Try clasping your hands together with fingers interlocked. For me it feels significantly more natural with the left finger on top. I'm right-handed if that makes a difference. Try it!

I usually cross my left leg over my right knee, the other way also works for moi, but is less comfortable.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Unless I did hormone replacement therapy (HRT), which will soften up the muscles, crossing legs is not easy or comforable for me.
    BTW, Womens' pelvises are wider, which makes it easier and more natural to cross legs. Softer muscle tissue will help too!
    I don't doubt it, but I haven't had HRT, have narrow hips, and cross my legs at the knee comfortably, even doubly. I think that it's just a matter of having done it all my life and, for some reason, not having been shamed for "sitting like a girl" in adolescence.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    I have trouble keeping my knees together ....
    More ladies should have this problem LOL

I can cross either leg over the other above the knee without difficulty, although it is not good for the circulation and lead to pins and needles after a while.

My wife always pulls me up on this when I am wearing a skirt or dress, saying that, in polite society, ladies should only cross their legs at the ankle whilst keeping their knees together.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

I have no worries crossing my legs at all.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I sit with my legs crossed right over left. I can cross left over right, but it's not as comfortable. I'm gonna practice that for a while. I tuck to keep junk outta the way, and it looks and feels better.

I always wanted to be able to cross my legs but body type got in the way (long torso with short legs) add not very flexible too. So I started stretching and attempting to cross my legs while watching tv at night. At first it looked very awkward and unfeminine but over time I was able to get into a decidedly feminine position (right over left). After that I started working on the left over right to give my legs a break and because I wanted to be able to sit either way when in public. I can now sit either way but right over left is definitely my primary side to cross. Oh and the Amanda Richards technique really works I discovered that while working on my leg crossing technique by accident.

I can cross my legs left over right easily in both male and female modes tucking can help, but can also become a little uncomfortable if leaning forward at all, like at a table or resting elbows on my knees. I can also double cross my legs left leg over right then left foot under right ankle.
    Katie

Some while ago I sat only in macho-style. Now I cross the legs as I wish, as it is comfortable for me.

I have noticed that the chair/bench where you sit matters a lot. When the chair has back support its very comfortable to lean back and cross the legs. Some benches in the park have no back support and I found it too difficult to cross my legs. And also after a while sitting on such benches by back starts to hurt and I feel there has gathered too much pressure in my male parts -> then need for a walk.

I can do double leg cross, but of course it would be too awkward in a public place ;p
    For me, I find it more comfortable legs being crossed knees, one leg over the other, because it keeps the pressure of my male parts locked. Avoid benches with no back support, they are bad for your back.

I can't be sure if this will work for every one, but slide your right foot over to your left. And this should allow you to lower your knee. And then you can cross your legs. It should work either. You can even try sitting back and leaning forward.

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!