Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feminizing My Car

I've just ordered some pink bulbs to fit in the interior lights. Can't wait for them to arrive. Thank you for the idea JenniferR771.
    Katie

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGirl83 View Post
    I love all these ideas. Never thought about girling up my Prius but now I don't know how I can't...
    A Prius is already a "girly" car.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

How about magnetic pin stripes and effects. That way you can add some subtle feminine changes while enfem and then peel them off when male...sort of like CDing your car.
    Chickie

Hi,I had put some red trim and emblems on our 2010 Honda Civic coupe which is kind of a girly car anyway. But we just traded it in on a gray 4 door 2012 Civic the coupe was too impractical and we were putting on a lot of miles (48k in 2yrs)..Jaymee
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    Not to be disrespectful or condescending, but there probably are not many women that will seek out little cars that are at home on a race course and will max out at 147mph and do 0-60 in 6.5 sec...
    Oh I don’t know, I can think of a few. Dancia Patrick, Ashley Force, Courtney Force, Melanie Troxel, Hillary Will, Erica Enders, Milka Duno, Liz Halliday, Cyndie Allemann. There are more but I’ll leave you to drool on your own.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Oh I don’t know, I can think of a few. Dancia Patrick, Ashley Force, Courtney Force, Melanie Troxel, Hillary Will, Erica Enders, Milka Duno, Liz Halliday, Cyndie Allemann. There are more but I’ll leave you to drool on your own.
    Yes, and...
    Michelle Mouton, Shirley Muldowney, Lella Lombardi, Desiree Wilson, Pat Moss Carlsson, Denise McCluggage, Maria Teresa de Filippis, Angelle Sampey (or you pick the surname), Lyn St. James, Katherine Legge, Shawna Robinson, Deborah Gregg, Patty Moise, Ana Beatriz, Simona di Silvestro, Cora Schumacher, Bev Griffis, Sarah Fisher, Cheryl Glass, Sarah Cattaneo, Robin McCall Dallenbach, Tammy Jo Kirk, Karen Stouffer, Jennifer Jo Cobb, Erin Crocker, Susie Wolff

Sorry, you gave me an excuse to show out. What you don't know is that I've been a motorsports fan since I was still in single digits. In terms of names that people would recognize, when I was in junior high I used to watch 2 time Indy winner Gordon Johncock compete in supermodifieds in the early 60's before he got to the big time.

All the people that we have mentioned are anomalies. They are not regular in any sense. So, I stand by my premise. Most women are fairly practical. In MINI terms, most would be in Justas, some in S's and precious few in JCW's...
    Last edited by flatlander_48; 09-05-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie83 View Post
    I've been thinking recently, that i would like to add some feminine touches to my car, to make it slightly more Katie's car, although i do use the car everyday in male mode.
    It's a fairly feminine car to start with. Mostly girls drive then, it's a Renault Clio Sport, a cute little French hatchback. The picture below is like mine, but it's not my car.
    My question is, what subtle things can i do to make it a bit more girly without making it too obvious and outing myself in the process! I've been thinking of some pink accessories, but i'm not too sure what.
    Any ideas please?
    Thank you.
    Katie

Attachment 186798
    Im just going to wade in and say that the car you posted is either the imaginatively named 172 or 182 cup model (172 and 182 bhp respectively). Better engine, brakes and suspension... not a girls car, they are a right laugh on roundabouts!
    As far as feminising a car? I saw a man driving a poverty spec black clio with blacked out rear windows and a decal in pink font saying
    "my other toy has batteries".

You could always go with something subtle but also a little bit boy racer and stick some pink cold cathode tubes under your glovebox and steering column to light up the footwells (you wire it up to the cig lighter with an inline switch - Dead easy if you can use a soldering iron).

Pink fuzzy dice cant hurt... if anyone asks, just retort with a bawdy "what man doesn't like getting in the pink?" LOL
    Samantha -x-

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    Im just going to wade in and say that the car you posted is either the imaginatively named 172 or 182 cup model (172 and 182 bhp respectively). Better engine, brakes and suspension... not a girls car, they are a right laugh on roundabouts!
    As far as feminising a car? I saw a man driving a poverty spec black clio with blacked out rear windows and a decal in pink font saying
    "my other toy has batteries".

You could always go with something subtle but also a little bit boy racer and stick some pink cold cathode tubes under your glovebox and steering column to light up the footwells (you wire it up to the cig lighter with an inline switch - Dead easy if you can use a soldering iron).

Pink fuzzy dice cant hurt... if anyone asks, just retort with a bawdy "what man doesn't like getting in the pink?" LOL
    Well spotted Samantha. My car is a Clio 182 with the 2 exhauast pipes. It's the same as the one in the picture. Whilst it may not be the girliest Clio, it's still based on a girly car!
    I love the idea of the sticker about the other toy, but i'm not sure i could get away with it. Fluffy dice i like though, as i've seen some of the little ones in pink they look nice. I've just ordered some pink bulbs for the interior lights which will look quite girly hopefully.
    Katie

I like to keep feminine smelling hand lotion in my car for a couple reasons. First I like smooth hands, but also after using it inside the car, the smell kind of lingers for a while. I love getting back into my car while running errands and hopping back into that girly smell.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    Sorry, you gave me an excuse to show out. What you don't know is that I've been a motorsports fan since I was still in single digits. In terms of names that people would recognize, when I was in junior high I used to watch 2 time Indy winner Gordon Johncock compete in supermodifieds in the early 60's before he got to the big time.
    You forgot two of the most important motorsport heroines, at least to me.

Michelle Duff and Robera Cowell.

More on Michelle Duff
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

I love this thread. It inspired me to buy a pair of "femmy sunglasses for the dash".

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaK View Post
    You forgot two of the most important motorsport heroines, at least to me.

Michelle Duff and Robera Cowell.

More on Michelle Duff
    Thanks! I didn't know about them...

I recommend a pink hair scrunchie around the shift lever...

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchgal View Post
    I recommend a pink hair scrunchie around the shift lever...
    Great idea! ... I'm gonna do this to my white Miata
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Make sure to put pictures up of the lights when you install them. I'm curious as to what that would look like

Sorry for being such a dunderhead about this, but what on earth determines whether a car is feminine or masculine? It's just a car! lol

When my kids were growing up I had a van. I drove it mostly, but my ex did too. It especially came in handy after we weren't carting kids around in it so much, for trips to the hardware store or long distance trips. I never thought it was masculine or anything. It was just my main method of transportation, and it drove like a dream.

Oh, and BTW ... my current car is a two door Honda Accord, and it is not cluttered. But my boys! You should have seen the stuff they kept in their cars. Sub-woofers and other sound system components in their trunks, school papers and books all over the place, empty soda cans, there used to be tons of CDs before iPods, and snacks and the discarded wrappers from the snacks. But, maybe that's just regular teenager behavior. Their girlfriend's cars were equally messy. One of their girlfriends held her rearview mirror up with duct tape until I fixed it for her. lol
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Sorry for being such a dunderhead about this, but what on earth determines whether a car is feminine or masculine? It's just a car! lol

When my kids were growing up I had a van. I drove it mostly, but my ex did too. It especially came in handy after we weren't carting kids around in it so much, for trips to the hardware store or long distance trips. I never thought it was masculine or anything. It was just my main method of transportation, and it drove like a dream.

Oh, and BTW ... my current car is a two door Honda Accord, and it is not cluttered. But my boys! You should have seen the stuff they kept in their cars. Sub-woofers and other sound system components in their trunks, school papers and books all over the place, empty soda cans, there used to be tons of CDs before iPods, and snacks and the discarded wrappers from the snacks. But, maybe that's just regular teenager behavior. Their girlfriend's cars were equally messy. One of their girlfriends held her rearview mirror up with duct tape until I fixed it for her. lol
    It's not so much whether the car is feminine or not, although small cars could probably be considered more feminine, and big cars more masculine.
    It is more about the accesories or items left in or fitted to a car that may hint that it belongs to a woman rather than a man. I would just like a few subtle things on my car that are more feminine than masculine, without making anything too obvious.
    Katie

Quote Originally Posted by Katie83 View Post
    It's not so much whether the car is feminine or not, although small cars could probably be considered more feminine, and big cars more masculine.
    It is more about the accesories or items left in or fitted to a car that may hint that it belongs to a woman rather than a man.
    Oh sorry, I misunderstood. I have a lot of female friends and honestly no one has feminine looking things in their cars, although some of my sons' gfs had some "cutesy" things (a giant pair of pink sunglasses), but they were teenagers. A friend is an art teacher and has a lot of art stuff (art books, jars of turpentine, brushes, canvases). Other friends who have younger children tend to have lots of kid stuff (toys, kid sneakers, sippy cups, etc). One of my friends is on the road a lot and she uses her car as a home office, so she has a small portable printer, copy paper, office supplies, etc.

I keep bug spray and sun block in my car, for last minute hikes. The only makeup I carry around is lip gloss and a lip pencil, and they live in my purse. I also have a baseball cap in the back seat to screen the sun from my face (it's a plain tan color), and a pair of sneakers and socks in the trunk. And jumper cables in the trunk too. I also have a small pillow that I use as lumbar support for my lower back when I'm on long drives. And there's always a bottle of water in the cup holder. And maps in the driver door pocket, although now I use the GPS on my phone. Oh, and I also keep an extra pair of reading glasses, and some pens handy. And I do keep a reusable bag with handles on the floor in the back seat, for quick runs to the grocery store so I don't have to use a plastic bag.
    Reine

My wife sometimes keeps a small stuffed animal in her car.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Some of my sons' gfs had some "cutesy" things (a giant pair of pink sunglasses), but they were teenagers.
    I guess it's some of the cutesy things that i would like in my car, although i'm no longer a teenager, by quite a few years.
    Katie

I saw an actual Mary Kay caddie yesterday. I'll admit to a bit of jealousy.

Banned Read only
    Well, some people seem to find it necessary to assign gender to everything. In this case, it could be how the demographic of the buying public turns out or it could be the way that the car is specifically marketed or how a particular model is equipped. Back in the day (60's, 70's) if you had a Boss 302 Mustang, for example, that was a very masculine car. It made all the right sounds and had all the go-fast equipment. However, if you had a 6-cyl Mustang, that definitely leaned toward the feminine side.

At one point, common logic was that a lot of secretaries bought Fieros. Don't know if that was actually the case or if it was just anecdotal. However, towards the end of the run when they made the 2M6 GT model, I would think that the demographic changed. Still, though, I stand by my original premise. The intersection of women and performance cars is not a major thing. While there are women out there who drive GTIs, JCW and GP MINIs, ZR-1 Corvettes, Vipers, et al, they are not the focus of how those cars are marketed. Conversely, in a lot of cases, minivans, wagons and econoboxes are marketed specifically towards women.

Anyway, I think it is both the intent of the car and the prepondenence of the people who buy that particular model.
    Last edited by flatlander_48; 09-07-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Sigh. Yea, my wife had a 6 cylinder 66 Camero when we first got married. At least it was a stick shift, 3 speed synchro. Bright red. Her sister had a blue one, 68 with V8 motor, but it was an automatic. I will go out and check my wife's 2009 recent four door sedan foreign car, and see if she has anything cutsy.
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 09-07-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: ps

This is our car. We get sooooo many looks and compliments on the Lashes. I just LOVE them!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Patrice_CD View Post
    This is our car. We get sooooo many looks and compliments on the Lashes. I just LOVE them!
    CUTE. Is there a site from which you get them or something?
    ---
    Danielle Grey
    http://www.facebook.com/graygirl83
    Yahoo: graygirl1983