Thread: Am I being a hypocrite?

Am I being a hypocrite?

Hi girls!

I've been watching a show called My Transsexual Summer. Which follows 7 transsexuals over the course of the summer. Three of them are FtM transsexuals and this is where I feel like a hypocrite.

I can understand being transsexual/transgender, well I sort of have to but it seems really strange to me that a woman would want a hairy body and something dangling between their legs.

I'm an MtF crossdresser and I despise my body hair, I even have moments where I despise that thing between my legs and I just cannot fathom anyone who starts life as a woman wanting those things. It just seems.....unnatural.

Of course we of the transgender community have to deal with "Unnatural" and "Abnormal" on a daily basis, maybe this view does make me a hypocrite and I implore everyone out there to take no offense at this thread.

Does anyone else feel like this?

Stacey.

Aspiring Member
    FtM trans people are not women, pure and simple. Hence the want.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not one bit I am what I am.
    If a female wants what I have as far as what you touched on how is that any different than wishing I did have one of those down there.

Silver Member
    Being a crossdresser or being transsexual can go both ways. Just as a MTF transsexual can feel like she has the wrong, male parts, a FTM transsexual can feel like he has the wrong, female parts. Brain and body don't match...

Stacy, you DO understand that although The End Results desired are 180 Degrees different for Transmen and Transwomen, the "Gettin' There," is just about the same. Yeah, it's a different operation, but the hassles, the alienation from family, the feelings of "being in the wrong body," dealing with fools on the street, all of that is eerily The Same.

Now, ask yourself WHY do you want to change your appearance to The Opposite Sex? I'll bet that aside from "A Feeling" that it's not right, you probably couldn't get that specific. it's the same way for A Transman. When I talk with These Guys, they don't know why they are like they are, why they desire to change, any better than any of us! It just IS!

Are you being Hypocritical? Yeah, probably. But, all of us engage in a bit of hypocrisy from time to time. At least you realize that you are probably doing it. Many people are too dumb, or too uncaring to ever even consider the idea.

I'll make a suggestion, find A Transman to talk to. I bet you find more similarities than differences. You start a Dialog, you learn something, and both of you are better people for making The Effort.

Peace and Love, joanie

Not HARD to understand at all . Get it ,,Not ,,,LOL,,,, YAK,,,YAK,,,YAK,,,, I kill myself sometimes ,,,LOL,,,, Seriously There no different than we are ,, Maybe they want the POWER & Strenth ,, Let um go an get it ,,, To each there own . Of coarse you will not have anything in common with them DINGBAT ,,, There MEN !! How would most of us no how they feel ? We are WOMAN ,, Brain wize atleast ,, This message brought to you by Doctor STACY B inc.... PS. All rights reserved ....
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

We are all combinations of male/female. To deny anyone of their preferred sexual orientation while yours is not towards your genetic sex would be hypocrasy in my opinion. As transgendered people, we must embrace all, whether they are people embracing their birth sex or embracing their preferred sex. You don't have to understand why someone is different, but you do need to fully accept their way of life, especially if you are looking for acceptance from folks who don't understand why you are who you are.

My experience with tv shows about transgendered issues, with the exception of Southern Comfort, is that they are degrading to the transgendered. I kinda like Ru Paul's Drag Race, but again, it doesn't put those of us in the mainstream of transgerderism in a good light.

On the issue of FtM, we MtFs are more subject to ridicule. Men are historically the prominent gender, so MtFs are considered to be degrading themselves by denying their manhood.

I personally don't support gender supremacy of either sex, but I don't see the world in general as being especially accepting of divergent lifestyles. That is changing, and we need to be on the forefront of that change, especially by being accepting of all our sisters and brothers.

DeeDee

Quote Originally Posted by Bree-asaurus View Post
    Being a crossdresser or being transsexual can go both ways. Just as a MTF transsexual can feel like she has the wrong, male parts, a FTM transsexual can feel like he has the wrong, female parts. Brain and body don't match...
    Yep, Bree has it.

You're not a hypocrite. Stacey you're just not looking at it objectively.

I personally feel many transmen are hot but that is probably my female drives kicking in.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi,

And what if your not ether not male or female then what or your both yes you relate in some small way to both sides ,or greater depending,

Iv had to look very hard at whats a male, could i be one,

& then female am i one .

Well as to male i dont relate not much in common only what iv had to learn about them , to be able to work along side , be around them , & really thats been very hard to polity put it not at home with males , just enough to keep the peace,

Females more in common definatly at home with women get on well & in many ways Jos has taught myself so much, im comforatable no pretence just well i am a woman with no issues,

Yet i still have a maleness & femaleness about who i am just part of being different,

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey Summer View Post

I can understand being transsexual/transgender, well I sort of have to but it seems really strange to me that a woman would want a hairy body and something dangling between their legs.

I'm an MtF crossdresser and I despise my body hair, I even have moments where I despise that thing between my legs and I just cannot fathom anyone who starts life as a woman wanting those things. It just seems.....unnatural.

Isn't this just the opposite of how they feel?
    They might say, how can you want to get rid of that?

Understandable Hypocrisy lol.

You are entitled to your opinion.

FTM's are no different than we MTF's. They feel the same way, it's just from the other side of the fence. They might ask the same questions...why would you want to go through surgery to have breasts...when I want to get rid of the darn things...why would you want to have surgery to get rid of your penis? It's just the viewpoint that is different, not the basic feeling.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

No offense taken (then again, I'm not a FTM) but let's call a spade a spade. You are being quite hypocritical.

Even though it may take a bit to get your head around a polar opposite POV, it's not impossible to see the other side. Seems that with a little help from your friends in these pages, I'm guessing you get it now.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I am in favor of people wearing what they wish and appearing in a way that makes them feel good about themselves

Nope, it's not the same thing. Males wishing to be female have no idea what a woman feels like that wants to be a man. But as a CD you have a better idea than on non-CD would. Just try to understand the best you can, that there's all kinds of different scripts in our minds that make us all different. I don't like to use the word hypocrite, because it is being used too much to the point that it loses it's meaning. Most "normal" people would considered MtF unnatural too. Even many gays and lesbians think crossdressing is weird. Are they hypocrites?

I can understand being transsexual/transgender.....

....maybe this view does make me a hypocrite....Does anyone else feel like this?
    I do not feel the same way. I'm unsure if hypocrite is the correct definition, but it is something close or similar. If you feel this way, IMHO, you really do not truly understand about being transsexual or transgendered.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee3 View Post
    Even many gays and lesbians think crossdressing is weird. Are they hypocrites?
    They are not since this is an apples to oranges comparison. Sexual orientation and gender expression are not related in the same way as MtF vs. FtM transsexuals. They are actually quite different entities.
    Last edited by Melissa Rose; 09-04-2012 at 09:53 AM.

I agree with Melissa that hypocrite isn't a good fit. It's pretty simple minded to find it difficult to understand that someone of the opposite sex might want the same type of change that you want.
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

If Stacey thought it was wrong for another guy to wear a dress because it didn't look right on him, that would be hypocrisy. Not having the ability to understand someone else's desire isn't. Stacey isn't even a TS so how could she understand a FtM TS?

Does anyone else feel like this?
    I'll admit that I've seen butch types that I have a hard time understanding. If I were around those types more I would be used to it. So maybe that's part of the reason for your feelings. It's kind of like culture shock, seeing something new that's the opposite of your thinking.

Banned Read only
    Y E S.

But at least you know you are which is the first step in possibly adjusting your attitude. I know a lot of people and I can't think of a single one who is not hypocritical of something or another. It's only natural that we see the world from our own POV.

I wouldn't call it hypocritical - more like narrow minded, that you can't see from another perspective. You don't have to like hairy bodies and dangily things between the legs to grasp that someone else does. We sure hope that others try to accept that we like to wear women's clothes, however unnatural it might seem to them. Just turn it around.

Platinum Member
    Hi Stacey, I guess that you would have to walk a mile in their shoes to understand it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I wouldn't call it hypocritical - more like narrow minded, that you can't see from another perspective. You don't have to like hairy bodies and dangily things between the legs to grasp that someone else does. We sure hope that others try to accept that we like to wear women's clothes, however unnatural it might seem to them. Just turn it around.

exactly! Just remember that the idea of hair and dangly things elicits an entirely different emotion for them than it does for you.

Banned Read only
    OK... Im a hypocrite , I like my dangler ok.

there I said it.

Thera