Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your character change when you dress?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Does your character change when you dress?

I'm curious about this. I have heard people talking about how their character changes when they dress and I was wondering how common this was. Particularly, do you 'deliberately' change or does it happen without you really intending it? Do you find you naturally move more femininely? I've heard there are people that change the sex they are attracted to. Or are you permanently feminine however you're dressed? Any interesting stories? I'd love to hear them.

EDIT:

Thanks for all the interesting answers everyone! Just one thing, a number of people are missing an important point in their answers: Are the changes put on deliberately or do they just happen naturally?
    Last edited by Andrea J; 09-05-2012 at 03:14 PM.

I get all chatty and talkative when I'm dressed. In contrast, I'm usually pretty quiet and shy in boy mode. Probably has more to do with feeling comfortable than it does with trying to be feminine...

Gold Member
    Not relay, I just stay the same; I just enjoy the moments that I can dress.
    Rader

Nope..... only thing that changes with my clothes are my looks.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

In small ways, yes. Actually, I'm just noticing that when I'm typing right now, I'm reading the words in a female voice in my mind. I often wonder if there really is a difference between the way I speak here, and how I speak (as a male) on other forums. A lot of the real life changes are deliberate though. I try to remove male mannerisms like I try to remove my facial hair. It's not really a core-being change, but more of a change in expression.

Yeah, Karren will body block with the sweetest smile. I do change...more relaxed, smile more, peaceful.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It appears that I'm bi-gendered. It took my wife and I no time at all to realize that Tina has her own characteristics and personality. It was that realization that drove us to an intense curiosity about what role Tina had played in my life to that point (unidentified) and how she might now affect our lives that we know she exists. Therefore, the obvious answer was to engage in the adventure to "make a life for Tina"! My wife always engages Tina in conversation to see how she feels about one topic or another, and just loves it when the he and she of me don't agree!

Oh, and although I'm predominantly right-handed as a male, Tina is strikingly left handed!

That's why it's an adventure!

Funny thing happened when I was out this week end. We where at a lesbian Club there where about 12 of us Gurls and when the dancing started I found my self dancing in a very femenine way, I moved my hips and moved with some of the same sexy moves the real women where doing. I have never tried to imulate this side of my femenine side. I actualy had a couple of girls that kinda joined in with me. Very cool I might ad.

My male side is hateful and ugly and inconsiderate to others! My fem side is just the oppersite! That is one of the reasons I am trying to leave my male side behind!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I would say no I am the same except more confident. My wife would disagree, she says that I change.

I definitely get more girly and femme. More than a bit sassy, too
    ---
    Danielle Grey
    http://www.facebook.com/graygirl83
    Yahoo: graygirl1983

I can't play the guitar when en femme (long fake nails make it impossible).
    So I guess I'm Less Paul, More Paula. haha

Mine definitely changes, I usually have a better interaction with women when dressed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Nope, I'm the same person no matter what I'm wearing.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

In my early days of dressing I was defiantly two separate personalities. My male being was always mad always getting into trouble. I think my male personality was trying to show up my female personality and always failed which just became more frustrating. My female side was fun loving and care free like a dress blowing in the wind. I really enjoyed that side when I could, which wasn’t enough.

As I have aged my male side has been able to accept my female side and vise versa. They have come together as one being both male and female comingled and of one mind. I am much more content being one and am probably more female than male. I enjoy both sides of me and wouldn’t want to change a thing.

Since the female side of me is what makes me feel "normal", yes I do change. I am more gregarious, more friendly, I smile a lot, I truly attract more people who just want to talk. I am calmer. Little things bother me less.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I'm definitely more calm in girl mode. I certainly swear less and think about alcohol and sex a lot less, all of which are things I tend to do or think about quite a bit in male mode. I also move in a more feminine manner when I'm dressed, it just naturally happens.
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

I too consider myself to be bi-gendered. Meaning, I have personality traits from both teams. While I've known about loving to CD my whole life, I wasn't aware until about a year ago of this other personality. I am still searching for who Jayne is, and want to experience life through her eyes now. She is more creative, outgoing, friendly, artistic. And at the same time a conniving psycho b####! But I can be her with only my nails done, or while dancing around in nothin' but an attitude. I sometimes wonder if I had been born with girl parts instead of boy's, if I would be a different person, and then wish I knew what is was to be male.
    I just couldn't wear my big girl panties today.

Platinum Member
    Hi Andrea, the only thing that changes is that i am better looking for a while.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I am two very different people. Sweet little(?) Leah vs. Jungle Warrior.

I am more relaxed and wife said I am more confident when I am wearing bra and panties
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Candice is more spontaneous and out going. But besides that she still listens to the same music and does things that I would normally do. Nothing really changes...

My mannerisms do change. I still do the same things I like but I move, sit and act more feminine. I just feel more confortable en femme. I'm more relaxed and at ease. I'm still working on a voice but it's proving to be difficult.

Of course... my mannerisms, speech patterns and such change as does my attitude.
    My wife and I were out one night and she made the comment that I "acted very feminine". I told her, "I'm not acting". When I am allowed to be me that's just what I am.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hi,

My name reflects my maleness & femaleness no-el ,noel or noeleena. pretty much too intertwined to seperate one from the other. When i was younger it was there , just i did not express all of who i was. call it supressed locked down little difference i just did not show much ether way. yet it was seen by a few people my difference unbeknown to me of cause.

Now i express my self in the way i could not before, so yes a very big difference in who i am now. many lovely changes & hard as it may sound Im so much better to be around & asking Jos she would say very very different & a different person.

so from percived noel to noeleena totaly different,& for the better,
    A female / woman in the making just had to grow in to myself,

...noeleena...