Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does your character change when you dress?

I've noticed subtle differences, but my character is mostly consistant. I'm a bit more open and talkative enfemme.

Mine definitely changes, I usually have a better interaction with women when dressed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Nope, I'm the same person no matter what I'm wearing.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Funny thing happened when I was out this week end. We where at a lesbian Club there where about 12 of us Gurls and when the dancing started I found my self dancing in a very femenine way, I moved my hips and moved with some of the same sexy moves the real women where doing. I have never tried to imulate this side of my femenine side. I actualy had a couple of girls that kinda joined in with me. Very cool I might ad.

I would say no I am the same except more confident. My wife would disagree, she says that I change.

I definitely get more girly and femme. More than a bit sassy, too
    ---
    Danielle Grey
    http://www.facebook.com/graygirl83
    Yahoo: graygirl1983

I can't play the guitar when en femme (long fake nails make it impossible).
    So I guess I'm Less Paul, More Paula. haha

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J View Post
    Thanks for all the interesting answers everyone! Just one thing, a number of people are missing an important point in their answers: Are the changes are put on deliberately or do they just happen naturally?
    Hi Andrea
    My character most definitly changes, I feel less stressed, highly euphoric as if Im walking on air. My attitude changes along with having different feelings about everything. I enjoy it tremendously

Thera

I'm more human when I'm Arlene.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Andrea, the fact is that my two gendered selves can get a little unnerving at times. My wife has actually become a bit concerned at times when Tina sends notes making fun of my male self (all in fun but it wasn't clear that was the case). Tina enjoys chickflicks and my male self can't even be in the same room!!! Tina is fastidious and there have been times when my male self just couldn't get motivated to do some intricate work that was simply busy work and needed to be done. My wife suggested that Tina might be more inclined to get it done, and after transforming she made short work of it. It's the Tina part of me that can concentrate and focus to the exclusion of almost any outside "bother". She really doesn't like it when the male me is not tidy.

It certainly makes life interesting when my wife can talk with each of us about the other! Transgendered life is certainly not boring!

This is an incredibly bizarre thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Aspiring Member
    Yes, I definitely change when dressed. My mannerisms and voice and maybe even the way I think........
    Michellecd9999

Do I purr like a kitten when I wear underwear or costume up? No, but I do when I am tucked and especially with a pretty bra or corset on and a wig. That spontaneous heat, no deliberation needed.

But just when I think I am looking good my dear wife who helps me with grooming and dressing and photography reminds me how unladylike my posture and body language are. I try to follow her instruction, deliberately! I don't even want to think about my voice when it comes to deliberation.
    Last edited by JohannaSophia; 09-06-2012 at 01:50 AM.

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    Maybe you can feel more at ease with yourself. But wouldn't a big change make me kind of schizophrenic or bipolar?

Short answer, no. I'm still the same. In fact my wife comments that that is one of the things that is "reassuring" is that I don't suddenly change. Although she does say that it would be nice if I didn't keep all the gross male habits!