Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crossdressing and injuries

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    not to worry,,that will heal faster than you know it and you'll be out and about
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    no real injury, but i've had ulcers on foot from tight high heel straps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

Sorry to hear Denise, people hurt themselves everyday, you will be back up in no time, plus you can get a pink cast to make yourself more feminne. In your down time just try to think and plan your next outing.

Fractures are not a 'non-female' thing. So you have to slow down a little and take more time getting dressed- putting on makeup- you have to learn to do it with your other hand, or figure out a way to hold the cosmetic brushes with your fingers only maybe. This is what women do when they are injured.
    Far from being tom-girl-ish, it's your feminine side adapting in a feminine way- slow down- don't hit the problem so head on like a guy might. finesse- that's what we have over guys- now is the time to try and make it work for you. So you go with a little bit simpler makeup... don't tell me you've never wanted to try a more classic- sedate style, just to see ???

Physical injuries also hurt you mind- the pain is stress, and it is a little scary. That's okay- do spend a little extra time taking care of yourself- instead of just a pedicure- get a message as well- the increased blood circulation will only help you feel better and heal faster.

Not really a bright side to look on- but be glad is was a fracture rather than a soft tissue tear- I tore out a tendon on my left thumb last year and it took 5 months before my hand was fully usable, and it is still not as strong as before. All I can do is wait and let it heal. had to learn a new way of putting on pantyhose and tights until it healed somewhat. :-/

Part of being a girl, my girl. And yes, i too shed a few tears and was quite upset about it.

hang in there- and focus on the feminine aspects- it will help you feel better!

-Kristi

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I broke my little toe last week and I'm more bummed out because I can't wear my ice skates than heels!
    Toes suck, you don't get a cast usually, but it still hurts like a mother! Personally, i imagine you'd look rather cute in a cast while wearing a dress...

I've had some nasty cuts and bashes on my hands (they are feeling it as i get older now)- a new clean dressing after I get all dressed up looks rather non-comment-worthy: neither feminine nor non feminine. Keeping the wound and dressing clean as possible is definitely more of a female thing in some ways- when i'm en drab- the bandages get kind of cruddy before i bother replacing them, as long as the wound is relatively clean. as Kristi- i would never let that happen.

One day teaching, a metal drawer of parts fell out and it snagged my finger- opened it to the bone - you could see a tendon too- but the tendon was still working and didn't look damaged or nicked- so I just wrapped the finger in gauze, a bit of antibiotic, clean paper towels and electrical tape, cleaned up the blood trail, and kept the class going- changing the dressing whenever it got soaked through. I have an inck long scar on the finger, but with pink nail polish- it looks kind of cute and tom-boyish...

my poor left hand though, it takes a real beating... :-/

Hope your toe heals fast- neon pink polish helps, i've heard! :-)

-Kristi
    Last edited by Krististeph; 09-09-2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: My spelling sucks!

You girls are so sweet and have + feed back for me. It has almost been 2 weeks and the pain isn't all that bad, I just need to start theapy to start bending my hand.. I am lucky the fractures stayed in line. I am already thinking about getting my legs waxed and a full pedicure soon. You girls can really lift one's spirits Thanks a Million Denise

Yes take a deep breath, and remember it could be worse, it could be raining.
    Look after the hand though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I know the feeling...many many moons ago when VHS camcorders were rampant, I worked at a electronic shop. We had just received a shipment of camcorder batteries (the long slim batteries if anyone remembers), and I did what I normally did, put the 450 pound box on a two wheeler and would bring it in the store. I did not see the very small but now dangerous patch of ice behind me and slipped with this behemoth on top of me. My left leg was behind me, crushing one bone in my foot and breaking several others and leaving my foot in a very nice broken angle. The doctor popped my foot back into place (by the way I learned not to say no even when I do not understand what the doctor is saying, he kept asking if I wanted a pain killer before he popped the bone. I kept saying no because I couldn't understand him and the pain was excruciating. It wasn't until my manager took me home and told me I'm tougher than he thought. He then proceeded to tell me the doctor was offering pain killers and at first when I said no it was regular aspirin, every time I said no, he was offering shit that probably would have knocked an elephant on its ass. Anyhow, spent 3 months in a cast and 2 months in rehab and was no longer able to wear my 5 inch heels without platforms.

My foot still has a demolished bone floating inside, the cold brings an awful point of pain at times, I have a nice bulge where the break happened, and I have to wear shoes with some support - which I found wedges has become a favorite of mine.