Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leg shaving

Leg shaving

hair on legs is something men and woman both have.. woman have hair on there legs.. .. men also have hair on there legs.

therefor.. NOT HAVING HAIR ON YOUR LEGS IS NOT PARTICULARLY FEMALE..

do you understand?

I do shave my legs, because when I wear stockings they feel so much nicer next to shaven legs than they do with hairie legs, and you do feel more femine.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetta View Post
    HAIR ON YOUR LEGS IS NOT PARTICULARLY FEMALE..

do you understand?
    Not really..............
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

all law that we abide by are man made.. but the biggest man you ever see was once a baby.. see.. .. is laws that cause crime.. jah run no wire fence..

if women have to shave.. to not have hair... then being hairless is only something that we do.. not something that we are..
    Last edited by bridgetta; 09-06-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Your taking your SAT's soon? Don't they call those Logic Analogs? I never could work them correctly; "If all of A is located within The Domain of B, and some of A is located within C; then All of C is located in B." Never could figure them out, and they used to always give me a headache! I think you might have missed your medications this morning.

Never, Ever, In The Business World did I ever encounter A Problem that looked like that!

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 09-06-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Hi Bridgetta.

I think the devil lies in the idea that shaving one's legs is a ritual traditionally performed by women. So if a guy partakes in that ritual its not a particularly manly thing to do...

Strange world we live in, yes?

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    I have always shaved, once from head to toe, talk about an erotic experience, but hey not to jack the thread, I have always shaved even as a guy growing up in the 70's never once did I have a cross word about it but then I am German Irish and very fair skinned and haired so it was never really obvious, and really I don't feel any more girly just cause I shave??

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetta View Post
    all law that we abide by are man made.. but the biggest man you ever see was once a baby.. see.. .. is laws that cause crime.. jah run no wire fence..

if women have to shave.. to not have hair... then being hairless is only something that we do.. not something that we are..
    I started shaving because that's what women do...... when they stop... maybe I will too? or not......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Silver Member
    But... hair on the legs of a man are (in most cases) thicker in diameter than the hair on a woman's legs of the same age and ethnic background.

As men and women age, the hair on their legs grows less dense, thinner and more slowly (but technically does not completely stop.)

I do understand that perfectly, but hairy legs are a key 'man' clue. If we don't have womanly hair, body shape, height, face shape or foot size, we're well advised to eliminate any man clues that we can if we want to look remotely womanly, which presumably is the object of cross-dressing.

Platinum Member
    I understand that both males and females are capable of growing hair on their legs and elsewhere. And in many cultures, its not commonplace for women to shave off hair. However, I'm fortunate to be a part of Western, specifically American culture, where convention has it that women shave their legs and underarms. I want to present as feminine as possible in this culture, so I follow the prevailing custom.

do you understand

Sitting here looking at the Atlantic ocean off the NC coast, freshly shaved and enjoying the remains of Wild Turkey, I would say logic? Logic? We don need no steekin logic!

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    there are some women that don't care to get rid of the hair on their legs, or under their arms or if they have it on their upper lips.
    I think things look better without the hair and that is the look I choose.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just semantics and a psychology mind game, no sense in arguing a point that obviously has no answer.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    At my age I don't worry about shaving anywhere except my face. All the rest of my hair, including on my head, is either gone or almost gone. You have to look very hard to see any hair on my legs. So I don't bother with it!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

My legs have never been hairy like most guy's and I've had girlfriends with very coarse hairy legs. It's my Danish DNA compared to her Italian.

Banned Read only

Wink Misunderstanding

There is a misunderstanding underlying the question/assertion here. Women’s body hair, on the average, differs from men’s. Genetic females tend to have what dermatologists call vellus body hair, which is relatively short, fine, light-colored, and not as noticeable men’s hair, which dermatologists call terminal or androgenic hair. Yes, women have leg hair, but their leg hair typically is not as long, thick, or dark as the hair that men have.

The reason that male hair is called “androgenic” hair is that it reflects the higher levels of male hormones that males typically have. Granted, some women have higher levels of male hormones than others; but on the average men have much more and hence androgenic body hair as contrasted with vellus body hair. Thus, while females do have leg hair (unless they remove it), their legs are naturally smoother and more “hairless appearing” than men’s legs.

Why do women shave their legs? They are trying to look even more feminine than they do naturally. Many want to exaggerate the natural differences between themselves and men. Why do we shave our legs? Many of us want to look more like women do naturally and in fact more like women do when they shave their legs in an effort to look even more feminine than they would otherwise.

So … keep on shaving your legs if you want to look really, really feminine!

Thanks for the interesting responses. Lately ive been very explosively vocal here. Partially because of priate things. But also its just my personality. Everytime i read a post. Often at least. The plight of being a crossdresser is afflicted with a sadness and remorse for being misunderstood. By being limited. Constrained. It is a condition wholly rejected by the gy drag culture which exalts and displays the difference.

My point is. These problems are conditions of the story we tell ourselves. Michael phelps and them shave their body. But the story they tell themselves is different. Its just a story. Remember that. Particularly the lurkers and newbies. You can go to the store and buy whatever you want. Its just the story you are telling yourself that makes you suffer.

we have been conditioned to feel bad for that which makes us feel good.. maybe there is something wrong with that?
    Last edited by bridgetta; 09-07-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    I see your point. More guys are shaving these days. And actually, the last time I shaved my legs, I was mesmerized the first coupled of days, but after a while, I just could see a pair of manly legs, only that neatly shaved... as many non CD guys these days.

A lot of serious cyclists shave their legs. Some do it for hygiene (keeping hair out of a wound if they crash) and others do it for vanity.

I have always hated body hair. So for me it was a VERY easy jump to shaving my body hair off

I like this post a lot. I still remember the first time my older cousins and parents took away my dolls and my little ponies at 6.

"Boys don't play with those. You have other toys" they explained to me lovingly.

It was the first painful step of a long and awkward road... I wish they hadn't done that.

It isn't that big of an issue. My girlfriend has told me many times that she see's many guys at the gym with shaved legs.
    Man! I feel like a woman!

I used to have hairy legs, but most of it is gone. Rubbed off by wearing jeans for work, or something. Have a little around my knees and small patches. Well, did, I shave it off now. I do enjoy having slick legs.

For me it is a grooming thing, the hair on my head is thinned out, grey and unmanageable so I took the advice of my Barber and just started shaving it, he lost $ and I saved. Ears, nose and eyebrows have always definitely needed grooming.

My wife and I are Nudists so to avoid Jay Leno's Chia Pet Joke group we shave our pubic hair and I also do chest ,breasts and armpits. I am naturally hairless on my back.

So shaving the legs and arms seems to go with the rest of the smoothy package regardless of Gender, feeling smooth all over is so delicious, maybe feminine too in our culture at least.