Thread: Been a while but things are looking better

Been a while but things are looking better

For those who remember, I had mentioned that I was going into teaching as a career since my first one never got a chance to happen. Well, thank the sweet, merciful Lord that isn't happening now. Circumstances were forcing me into it and finally I was able to get out of it. I'm now back in college pursuing a new career in the medical field. Again, thank sweet, merciful Jesus that I'm not being forced into a career I absolutely despised.

Secondly, I've recently been on a diet because my health forced it. I've suffered from chronic back pain for years and finally my doctor gave me an ultimatum, either drop 200 pounds or be in a wheel-chair by the time you're 35. Drop the weight and you'll give yourself a few more years and be in one by 50. Yeah, my spine's in terrible shape. It's just a question of when I will be disabled. Anyway, I've lost just under 70 pounds since May 27th.

How does this relate to this site? Simple, in losing weight, I can now fit into stuff that was well beyond my range. The biggest of which is that I can now fit into my wife's Wolford pantyhose. It's still a little snug and I have a little restricted motion, but I can fit in them and once I lose more weight, I'll be able to wear them properly. This has been one of my biggest goals(for better or worse) was to be able to wear Wolford hose and I've almost gotten to that. I figure another 45-50 pounds will get me there. I don't plan to stop there, I intend to drop 200 pounds regardless, perhaps even 250 if I feel the goal is reachable. I personally can't wait to be able to wear a nice satin blouse with a pencil skirt and my own Wolfords. Yes, my own pair. My wife told me as a present when I lost my first 100 pounds, she'd buy me my own pair of Wolfords.

Sorry for the ramble, I just felt like posting an update and since I don't post too often, I felt like making it worth my effort.

Good for you Elizabeth! Be proud of your acomplishment! For you are worth it! Best wishes!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Do stay in touch. It's nice to hear how others are getting on.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Keep up the good work. I know it's tough -- I've lost about 60 pounds and hope to lose 50 more ...

Well done - I know you will reach your goal

Well done, Elizabeth.

You'll feel better as the weight comes off. I was told to drop 40 lb to reduce blood sugar issues. I'm sure you're aware of other issues besides these that weight reduction helps with.