Thread: Advice for a MTF helping a FTM coworker.

Advice for a MTF helping a FTM coworker.

Just the other day I came to find out that a guy at my work is working on completing himself. Particularly starting on HRT. He came to me knowing what I am going through. It is exciting to not be the only trans at work but I am not sure if there is anything of note that would be beneficial to him. I gave him a list of the therapists, doctors, and the group in my area for FTM. Briefly chatted about how important it was to do lots and lots of research beforehand.

Is it safe to talk about hormones and such at work? Is there any other etiquette or advice I should know or is it safe to assume that everything is the same for FTM, just you know the opposite (pronouns, dress, etc). Is it rude to offer hand me down clothes?

I don't think it should be a problem at work as long as you talk in private. It seems like it could be beneficial for both of you. You know what the other is going through. It's great to know there's someone to talk to. Of course I don't need to tell you that. I'm not sure what words and descriptions you might have to change though.

As for the clothes, speakinng for myself, I wouldn't say no to hand me downs if I were friends with a FtM at work. I wouldn't consider it rude, more a nice gesture. One which I would probably return. But that's just me.