Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CDing pop quiz. Sorta. Just 2 questions.

Banned Read only

CDing pop quiz. Sorta. Just 2 questions.

True or False?

1] Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

2] All opinions are created equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    True or False?

1) True

2) False - some are terribly, terribly misinformed!
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

True or False?

(1) true
    (2) false … mine is the best lol
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

Definitely maybe....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

That about covers it Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Sometimes people use their opinions to hurt others so I would ask if they are entitled to hurt others?

What is the purpose of an opinion?

Is it to insist others adopt your own reality to help ease the fear of self doubt?

Sometimes there is a strong connection between fear and a persons opinion.

Fear can separate us from truth so fearful opinions run the risk of causing confusion and adding to fear.

Opinions can be beneficial or harmful depending on the person who is offering them.

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post
    Sometimes people use their opinions to hurt others so I would ask if they are entitled to hurt others?

What is the purpose of an opinion? ...
    I'm of the mindset that no one can hurt me with their opinion unless I allow it to happen. So, it is my doing if I allow someone's words to hurt me.

I think the purpose of offering an opinion is usually to share one's perspective on any given topic. If we don't share, we don't learn much.

Banned Read only
    Not sure how many people realize that one is T and one is F.

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Hi Wildaboutheels. Is there a specific reason the quiz was created?

Eeerrr

True or False?

1) true
    2) false

every one has an opinion but may may wrong and that ok
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    1.Kinda sorta.
    2. Sorta kinda.

Platinum Member
    1) yes.
    2) it must be yes...since opinions all originate in people's minds.

Question 1. DEPENDS
    Question 2. DEPENDS

Now my head hurts!

Basically yes to both. However, I'm entitled to my opinion that some people are dopes and their opinions should be viewed through that prism.

Someone once told me that opinions are like butt holes. Everyone has one and most of them smell like____ well you get the idea!

Not sure how many people realize that one is T and one is F.
    That is just your opinion. For the most part( in my opinion), opinions are verbal expressions based on anything from fact to trash. Lies can be formed from them, i.e., telling someone how great they look when in reality the opinion is never thought to be real by the giver but expressed to prevent embarrassment or whatever from the reality. Anyone taking an opinion seriously needs to weigh carefully, where that opinion is coming from, who it is coming from , and what value the opinion could play in forming any decision.

1/ True
    2/ No one knows what any opinion is created from. Opinions are expressed.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by jillleanne View Post
    Anyone taking an opinion seriously needs to weigh carefully, where that opinion is coming from, who it is coming from , and what value the opinion could play in forming any decision.
    Answering the OP depends a great deal on which world we are answering it in, and this quote is why.

The cyber world and real life are 2 distinctly different places (imo, of course).
    I'm sure there are some of you here who have met each other in person or have gotten to know each other personally and can assign value to their opinions validly.

1. Everyone should be free to voice an opinion.......absolutely true (it should be self evident that they use that wisely, fairly, honestly and without malice).
    2. Absolutely without a doubt false. Spend enough time on any forum and you'll find those whose intent is just to cause trouble and when you call them on it they hide behind the notion that they're speaking their opinion.

I've been burned mightily in the cyber world, so yeah, my opinion on this matter is a wee bit sharp.
    Last edited by Cassandra Lynn; 09-11-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Banned Read only
    #1 is true

#2 is FALSE.

Surely, no SANE person [who realizes that there is a big difference between facts and opinions] would argue, that there IS such a thing as an EXPERT opinion? If your car suddenly starts making strange noises that you can't identify, I am guessing most people would take their car to a mechanic or two or three. Not to a butcher, a baker or a candlestick maker? Just as there are expert opinions, there are also WORTHLESS opinions.

Nothing wrong with being passionate about certain things. But is there anything more pathetic than to see 2 people in a heated argument over something that they clearly know absolutely nothing about? It could be about sports, plumbing or most anything. And you know that trying to step in and settle it is likely to fall on deaf ears.

IF people are passionate about something, whatever it is, shouldn't it be based on some combination of facts, knowlege on the matter and hopefully some experience?

FEAR is the most common component at these Forums. [Simply my opinion] FEAR of what other people might say or think. FEAR, that if one were to go out in public, someone MIGHT approach them. Someone MIGHT ask them if they are gay. Someone MIGHT make a crude remark like "nice shoes. faggot" or "shouldn't you be out molesting children"?

Yup, undoubtedly these type of folks are passionate about CDers, make no mistake about it. They are also people with WORTHLESS OPINIONS based on nothing more than ignorance or stupidity. And it's quite likely that all the facts in the world are not going to change their opinion.

To let people with worthless opinions stop you from going out dressed in whatever manner you desire doesn't make too much sense to me.

They are both true.
    Everyone is entitled to have their opinion no matter how it looks to someone else.
    All opinions are created equal...but some just don't hold water...

Remember...opinions are like A$$holes....everybody has one.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

1. True
    2. Best not to answer this one ....

Like the wise old owl in the oak tree, the more I hear, the less I speak my mind.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    True or False?

1. Certainly everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so this is True!

2. All opinions are created by a person, in their own minds. So they are created equal, it is what the receiver doe swith the opinion that counts. So this is also True!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Number 1 is TRUE....

Number 2 is true, EXCEPT with an asterisk (*). IF you have any questions about some opinion, you may submit it to me, and I will tell you if it is bonehead or not!!!!

1 is true

2 is false - All opinions are essentially worthless but thats just my worthless opinion

It is true that we are entitled to our opinion. That is how the native americans lost theyre land to the colonialists. It is why throw our trash in the streets. It is why we produce and dump massive amounts of chemicals in our oceans and poison our soil. Carry on.

I feel that 1 is true. Regarding 2, if you mean that all opinions are equally valid, then I'd say no. A reasoned opinion based on accurate information attained through reasonably unbiased research (no one is totally unbiased regarding all subjects) is more valid than a knee-jerk opinion based on prejudice, ignorance or bias. Also, the opinion of someone with personal experience of a subject is usually more valid than the opinion of someone who has no experience relating to the subject.

Of course, that's all just my opinion.

Carol
    My name is Carol.