Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crossdressed happy but alone. Can anyone relate?

crossdressed happy but alone. Can anyone relate?

Am ususally fine crossdressing alone but am sitting here today working from home dressed in my forms, black halter top and pencil shirt all pretty and happy but feeling an intense need to be with others while dressed. anyone else go through this?

AMANDA

Platinum Member
    I think many of us have the same feelings. We are social animals afterall. I dress every day at home and sometimes I just need to get out and interact with people. I'm not trying to shock anyone - I hope to blend in and just enjoy the day out like any other woman.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Humans are social creatures, and contact with others satifies the need for interaction.

TBS, I immensely enjoy every moment spent en femme.The only activity providing an even greater level of joy is time spent en femme with my GF, which occurs much less frequently. She's accepting of my need for feminine expression, and understands my desire to spend time with her dressed accordingly; however, she isn't sexually attracted to me dressed as a woman.

That's OK with me, as long as she's willing to interact with me as her platonic girlfriend when I'm wearing a skirt and heels. Come bedtime, don't most women take off their makeup and clothing before adjourning to the boudoir?

I'm usually in the club dancing with many others when I'm en femme.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaLynne View Post
    Humans are social creatures, and contact with others satifies the need for interaction...
    This is exactly right. Self-imposed isolation is very hard on the mind and soul.

I would not be surprised if you are more and more compelled to reach out to become more socialized in "girl mode".

I was terribly lonely until I found this forum. What a blessing it's been to be able to share and be part of a community.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Crossdressing and going out with others of a similar ilk is pure bliss. There is safety in numbers and the social interactions are priceless. The problem is finding a group or even another crosssdresser in your neighborhood. Thankfully, with the internet and sites like this, it's getting easier than ever. Unfortunately there are still tons of closet crossdressers out there who post stuff all the time, but are deathly afraid of any social interaction at all. All they do is post stuff! This is they're social interaction![/SIZE]

Silver Member
    Amanda that is a big yes, how right you are, we dress up in all our nice clothes and spend time alone, as nice and happy as that makes me, yes I more often than not wish I had someone to share it with

Kind of why I started going out enfemme..... sitting at home all dressed up go so boring... not necessarily lonely.... just friggin boring.... and as far as wanting to be with others that shared my interest.... just liking (or having) to wear the same kind of clothes isn't enough for me to forge a friendship.... there's got to be more... at least for me.... and most of the people who want to share their interests.... wanted to share way way more than I wanted to! aka... body parts and bodily fluids! lmao.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yeah, I often have the same problem. even though dressing at home is great i sometimes wonder what its like on the outside.. 0.0

clothes are a social convention; what we wear is really determined by the culture in which we live so it's natural to want to present in the social world rather than just sit home and dress. I think most of us get to that point. Dressing at home is okay, but I think a big part of it is to interact in the outside world en femme.

Gold Member
    No doubt in my mind that the social aspects are a major contributor to me getting out. But even if you don't want to interact with the general public, you might be able to satisfy your social needs by going to closed groups. It works for many.

I used to feel that way. But once all my friends were accepting of it it never became an issue to me. Recently I'be gone out a couple lot times with a TG friend of mine which is awesome of course.
    Finally got to making a facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003854850084

And now on instagram (got sucked into the hype). I go by frenchtoastowls. Yea you read that right!

If you're gonna add me just give me a heads up on who you are
    please

All the time unfortunately. Some days I am happy to be in the closet and enjoy my girl time as I can get it but there are a few times I just want to walk out that door. Someday I will. just not today.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    just do it!! go to a different town with a couple friends and just go to ALL female clothing stores. ITS REALLY FUN. If your not gay, most people will recognize it and usually for the most part men just SHY away and that's what we want for throes of us who are straight. Be aware of all surroundings but don't make eye contact, which will indicate your not interested, no one will make a move and BE CONFIDENT and smile. Just smile at women, not the same way when were men of course, but comment their purse and how well it matches their shoes and compliment their hair. Next thing you know, LOTS OF INTERACTION. have fun and good luck.
    Last edited by jsunic_1978; 09-11-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Almost always home my myself when dressed, except for chat rooms I suppose. Did go out a few times back when I could afford to, can't even afford to get out much dressed as male these days, but very hopefull that will change soon. I've never been any good at meeting women due to my shy nature.

I often had the choice between being with other people or staying home alone to dress. I chose being alone a lot of the times - that's the strong drive to crossdress. Now, I have more company than I want, and not enough dressup opportunities.

Banned Read only
    qiit being shy, thats my problem to! the more i go out as Jen, im really not shy. Just be the best you. laugh a little. You are cute..

I'm married with 2 kids, but since it's DADT for the most part, I feel very alone when I dress, or when I want to talk about this part of me, but don't out of deference to my wife. Funny thing is, I'm not sure i'd even feel comfortable attending an event or anything with other CD simply due to how "serious" some of us take this and how my "presentation" would pale in comparison... (a little jealous here, i'll admit it, on how good some of you look) although the camaraderie would be nice if there was a "beginner" event haha. VS Fan

I am totally nonpassable, but a cd friend has taken me both emfem to a great club there and I felt great. Noone even laughed or made any snide remarks It really helped my self esteem

That is how I feel as well, my girlfriend tolerates the femme side, but we do not talk about it. Many times I wish there was a club or bar designed for cross dressers going from beginners to 'pros(?)' to head to just to hang out with others. Not looking for pickups or anything like that but just a place to go when we need the feeling to socialize.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I think many of us have the same feelings. We are social animals afterall. I dress every day at home and sometimes I just need to get out and interact with people. I'm not trying to shock anyone - I hope to blend in and just enjoy the day out like any other woman.
    I'm in agreement with Kim. We need the interaction with others. Isolation is not something we humans tolerate well.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

When I first started I was perfectly fine with crossdressing home alone, but with time it is just not.. enough. Too bad I live in such a small community.

Banned Read only
    everytime I dress I wish I could share the experience with but I have my own hang ups to over come. I have only dressed in front of two people in my life. One a ggf who loved it and another a boy friend who also loved it. So its always been sexual. I'd love just the company.

Banned Read only
    I go out to all female clothing stores ans shop for women's clothes when im a man also. Believe me, women loves that. Im sure thed wish their men would shop verses just a gift card. I show pictures from my phone of me as Jen to the sales ladies they say, PLEASE.... come in dressed next time Start with this as well ladies. Good lick everybody/