Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crossdressed happy but alone. Can anyone relate?

Aspiring Member
    Living in red neck country I would love to find another crossdresser or an understanding woman to go out with that lived near by. I think it would be wonderful to be able to go out shopping as the woman I am at times.

I am in the same boat. I used to live in a large city, in an area where the GLBT community was centered.
    I could have simply gone out for a walk, where there were lots of others, but I now live in a smaller town where that will definetely not work out.

I do crave contact with others like me. I have found one support group 1 1/2 hours drive away, and I attended dressed in a skirt. it felt fantastic!
    I stopped to pump gas on the drive back home. It went very well but it doesn't feel like enough.......
    I would love some more like-minded social contact.
    Monica

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Personally, I don't go out in public at all anymore.
    The main reasion is I really hate heavy makeup and I feel my beard shadow will be visible otherwise .

So,, I just dress a bit at home now.
    I wear panties 24/7 and a bra daily. Most of the time when home alone, I just add a simple casual/house dress with slip or just add a silky nightgown to my bra and panties . I rarely apply makeup .

I also have my apartment decorated rather feminine as a woman might telling people that a former wife/girlfriend decorated it in case anyone might be "curious" about it.
    Basically, I live as a single woman at home.

Sadly, I presently have no CD friends. Being 65 years old, just about all my friends have either died or moved away .
    It would be nice to at least have a friend to share thoughts, etc. and just be a friend for non CD activities who also happens to know about my CDing .
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 09-12-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Sometimes when i look in the mirror and say to myself, all dressed and nowhere to go.

I can totally relate. I went to a halloween party a couple of years ago en femme and it was one of the best times I have ever had. Most of the girls loved it and we talked about heels and makeup and girlie things. One guys wife even asked me to sit on her husbands lap so she could take a picture. The best moment was when one of my ex'es friends asked me if she could use my lip gloss. It made me want to go out en femme all the time. ( my feet hurt for a week after from wearing my heels all night ) Sadly, that was the last time and only time I have been out dressed up. Waiting eagerly for another opportunity to do it again. In the meantime, I am also happy but alone

While I enjoy dressing en femme at home alone, it is a bit boring at times. I am beginning to want to go out into the real world dressed en femme, but at this point in time, my preference would be to go it alone and discover my inner feelings about doing this in public. Also, if I got embarrassed for one reason or another, I would not want to be embarrassed in front of another friend. I'd rather take it on the chin alone.
    I am still feeling my way around this CD'ing thing, since I came out of the closet with my wife, who is not interested or willing to participate or see me in any way shape or form. I guess I am in a 'self discovery' mode at present, and enjoying my journey in my own way and in my own time. I am not sure what the future holds, but I can say that I do not see me ever giving up dressing en femme. It's exciting and fun!
    Di

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    Sometimes when i look in the mirror and say to myself, all dressed and nowhere to go.
    Exactly.

Dressing as a female at home is one thing but, getting "dressed up" (iincluding makeup) is done for the benefit of others to see.
    If no one will see it/you, why bother?

Banned Read only
    Its all fun no matter what you decide to do, some like me keep it a private matter and some like to go out. Just have with it for crying out loud.

Thera

I often wonder if it is to do with acceptance, it is all very well to accept yourself but sometimes there is a need to know that others accept you for what you are , hence the need to be with others while you are dressed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne f View Post
    I often wonder if it is to do with acceptance, it is all very well to accept yourself but sometimes there is a need to know that others accept you for what you are , hence the need to be with others while you are dressed.

Yeah thats' about it.... for me anyway.
    It's like, "look at me, this is what I am and what I like to wear, etc" without them knowing that I'm really a male.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I don't know where you live but I strongly recommend that you find a TG support group in your area. Just Google your city name and the words "crossdressing support group" or "transgender support group" and see what comes up. I can't tell how much being part of a support group that has lots of social events has changed my life for the better concerning my CDing. Almost all of my time socializing is now done en femme. I promise you if you find the right group you will have a ball
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Crossdresser
    Coming out of the closet and straight into the world is a big leap. Part of us wants acceptance and another part fears rejection. The fear can be numbing especially if your confidence is not so high.

I'd like to make sure I'm passable and prepared before going out. And I'm a long way away from that. But still dreaming...

i can and i am tired of it i am going out one way or another xo

i'm used to being alone. i prefer it that way, in drab. but when i dress i feel alone. but i come to this site on an almost daily basis. it helps. especially if you are in areas where it isn't exactly safe to be open. i do talk to GG"s about it alot.

You are actually not alone at all! There are many others who feel like you described in your post. Have you considered joining any local support groups?
    This is one of the many reasons this forum is soooo good for us all! Cheer up, and enjoy your time being dressed en femme! I wish I had the opportunity right now, but unfortunately I don't. .
    All the best,
    Di