Thread: My Cosplay Idea

My Cosplay Idea

So I'm going to one of the dates of the October MCM Expo in London (not sure what date yet, depends when my friends go) and I've decided to use this opportunity to fully dress up in public in a safe environment. While I'd like to go out dressed on Halloween I'm possibly playing a gig at the time (my band has a very specific image so even on Halloween I won't be able to dress up, and the next day is my SO's 21st birthday) so won't have the chance. It took me a while to decide who best to go as and today I had the perfect idea. Mana, founder and guitarist of Malice Mizer and Moi Dix Mois (both awesome bands, especially the latter). Here's a picture oh him for those that don't know: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3183/3...a2c24e26e1.jpg

I reckon it's a look I could pull off. Would need some help to get that awesome hair but as far as the make up and clothes go I can definitely do that (found links on amazon to very similar dress and cross penchant). Gonna be a little nerve racking get the train up but I'll be with friends dressed as anime characters and the like so I'm sure I can handle it. Anyone else going btw?
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

I got half way through this and thought you were going to go as Priss form Bubblegum Crissis. Good luck with the hair, and have a blast with the makeup.
    "Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There's no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door...or lock it tight." - Urahara Kisuke

Quote Originally Posted by Xrys View Post
    I got half way through this and thought you were going to go as Priss form Bubblegum Crissis. Good luck with the hair, and have a blast with the makeup.
    I've got a tutorial video for both the hair and the make up. The hair actually looks pretty easy to do, just quite time consuming, there's a lot more to his make up than I first thought, might need a bit of practice on that first lol. Hopefully can get my house mates to help me with that one

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Go for it I think you could pull that off easy.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I agree with Tracii. If u DON'T do it, I believe u may regret it one day! U only live once, X!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'll have to post an image sometime soon, but I was just playing around with my halloween costume idea. I think I'll try being "Death" from the DC comics. It is a similar image to what you are planning...in fact you would probably make a way better death than I would.
    Chickie

Absolutely!

I would wear blouses on the few occasions i played in punk/art school gigs. It was rather out of place for the genre at the time, but just out of 'convention' (Yes, i know the idea is contradictory :-) ).
    Costumes are awesome, and could / should be used for almost all occasions!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickhe View Post
    I'll have to post an image sometime soon, but I was just playing around with my halloween costume idea. I think I'll try being "Death" from the DC comics. It is a similar image to what you are planning...in fact you would probably make a way better death than I would.
    Ah yes I've heard of her, that's something I might have to try out sometime

You don't need to unnecessarily out yourself by dressing feminine but you can get your friends used to seeing you in costume and when you come out as a girl in the future they may think it is a great gig to do that.
    Then away you go!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well yeah I won't use this as an excuse to suddenly jump out of the closest, I've already worked out a cover story with my SO who will also be coming with me. The basic idea is that 'I wanted her to dress up as a gothic character but she thought she couldn't pull it off so I said we'll flip a coin and if I lose then I'll go as the gothic girl instead for a laugh'. Pretty plausible and not particularly outrageous as a female friend of my mine has dressed up as a man several times for this same expo. Pretty excited about it to be honest ^_^

You will be going as one of the best guitarists in the world, loved his work with Malice Mizer and Hide. I hope you have fun!

Correction, Pata was the guitarist with Hide, also excellent. Malice Mizer was my 1st intro to J-rock
    Last edited by Mona; 09-11-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Wrong guitarist

Quote Originally Posted by Mona View Post
    You will be going as one of the best guitarists in the world, loved his work with Malice Mizer and Hide. I hope you have fun!

Correction, Pata was the guitarist with Hide, also excellent. Malice Mizer was my 1st intro to J-rock
    Moi Dix Mois was my introduction, maybe that's why I prefer them over Malice Mizer. Big into Dir En Grey and Gallhammer but they're a lot heavier lol.

I´ve thought a lot about the idea using halloween or similar days/events as an excuse to dress up as a female, but I always chicken out. It´s great you´re going for it. You have to have to post some photos when you´re done

There's no way my friends won't take at least a few photo's without me even having to ask them lol, but I plan to take a bunch anyway ^_^

I think you can pull it off. It is a good look.

Sold this to my house mates by telling them I lost a bet to my girlfriend and that I would need help, what was their reaction? 'HAHA that's fantastic xD I will willingly have a go at the make up haha xD'. How cool is that ^_^

AND my girlfriend is giving me a dress for this, going to be so exciting!!