Thread: Number of views on YouTube

Number of views on YouTube

I posted a crossdressing video a year ago and pretty much forgot about it. Well, sort of. It currently it has almost 190,000 views. In today's world, is that a lot? Is that a big deal? We live in a world in which a cat with a pancake on its head achieves millions of views (I made up that example but it probably exists somewhere), so is it a big deal to have that many views on YouTube? I don't know!
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Its amazing what people watch and put on youtube. My video got 270 hits in 48hrs, mostly from here. But there is probably a lot of people searching for CD's on youtube.

Yeah, me too.
    The trick to attracting viewership is to have lots of subscribers, and subscribe to lots of to other people, thus the domino effect.......otherwise it just gets lost in the shuffle and you end up with fewer than 300 hits.

Jessica De Leon (Jessica Who) does a decent job.
    When it comes to youtube videos, particularly outside of crossdressing, no one can top JennaMarbles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYfZwDorJsw, or if you are gun nut, FPS Russia....just look at their hit counts, which are often in the double millions.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 09-11-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Banned Read only
    I think 190,000 views is pretty good. I only have about 400 on my singing video to my new wife at out wedding.

I was trying to make money off of Youtube with advertising on my videos, but they hard broke 100 views on most of them and the highest ones has about 460 views. My dream is to have a 6 million hit video and make money off of that.

It's definitely a large number of views, but I wouldn't say it's a big deal. It depends on what your goal was when you posted that video. If you're looking to monetize your channel and become a partner on YouTube, having all of those views may help you (as long as you didn't have music or anything else on that video that you don't own the copyright to).
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

Banned Read only

Wink

once you get to a million or more views you will get a check & I want a cut for telling you

Do you have at least one pube-less, terminally virgin, insensitive little nerd who commented "IT'S A TRAP!"? Because that seems to be the mark of a truly popular CD/TG video on YouTube, from what I have seen.
    "Who are they? Are they the half that we've lost - the H2 to our O, that have joined as water to make streams, seas, waterfalls, waves, storms?"
    - From "We" by Yevgeny Zamyatin

I think it would be fun to make videos for commercial intent, like Jessica Who does. But that wasn't my goal. Something about NOT having them monetized makes them seem more personal and intimate, I think.

Someday I might monetize my videos, so I'm not above doing that. But I've still got some personal issues to work out! If you've seen my last video, you know what I mean!

If I went to a convention like Be All, would people recognize me?
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

I watched some of your videos, I particularly like the one dressed for the first time and think you could have walked right out and enjoyed yourself. Don't know how the number of views relates