Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a term for someone who is attracted to males only while crossdressed?

I think I like the 'bi when dressed' concept the best.

Thanks for this.

I agree with the posts saying that labels don't really matter when it comes to all of this. If you feel a special kinship with gays, bisexuals, or any other groups that have already been established, more power to you - go ahead and embrace the term of your choice. There are tons of debates on this forum about the term transgender itself, and people here for the most part agree to disagree and just use whichever terms they feel comfortable with.

You should probably define the type of attraction you feel. Do you feel a physical, sexual attraction to these men while you are in your feminine state? If so, is that attraction an attraction to the man's masculine features (plus the typical "manly" things like musky aftershave), or is it more of an excited feeling you get of playing the feminine role in a relationship (both physically and psychologically?) It's also interesting that you also would be interested in being with a man who is crossdressed - I'm guessing that you both would be crossdressed at the same time.

It's all confusing, but I wouldn't worry too much about the labels. Also, don't be offended or surprised by religious people - people of faith have the right to believe what they want to believe and their opinions are as valid as anyone else's. Don't let one comment by a religious person (every follower of a given religion has his/her own interpretation) tempt you to insult their entire religion. There are many people on this forum (outside of this thread) who are practicing Christians and are trying to find harmony between their religion and crossdressing, and these people may take offense at you referring to their God as an "imaginary friend in the sky."
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

If you have a personal relationship with religion and a deity, that is lovely. Please enjoy it.

But the moment your religion attempts to tell me how I should live *my* life or how I'm wrong for not believing... It ceases to be a personal relationship with a deity and becomes open to debate. And I won't mince words: if you insist on telling me that your deity doesn't approve of my lifestyle, I will call it what it is: an imaginary friend that you hide behind because you are uncomfortable with your own loathing and hatred and need a symbol/label to rally behind.

"God hates gays."
    "God hates people who eat pork."
    "God hates women with short hair."
    "God hates people who don't believe in him."

No, *you* (those spouting this nonsense) hate those things, and your God is just a shield you hide behind to justify your ridiculous beliefs.

And they will tell you, "My God doesn't hate, he loves."

And that sadly is what many branches of modern Christianity have become, hate masquerading as love.

Your personal relationship with your creator should be exactly that: personal.

There is a general tendency within groups and societies (including, but not limited to, religious societies) for the more bigoted, intolerant, and downright annoying members of a given group to be the most vocal, causing the entire group to be unfortunately associated with those annoying members. You've fallen into that trap. You could have simply written that "I don't follow the same religion as you do -- my beliefs allow me to do X." Instead, you openly attacked Christianity, a religion which quite a large number of posters on this forum follow. I'm not a religious person myself, but I don't support mocking other religions in an attempt to win an argument. You wanted to respond to Kate for her comment, but by mocking her religion you have potentially offended a much larger portion of the community on here.

Lastly, you mentioned trolling. I don't think Kate was trolling in this thread, but if you're familiar with the word "trolling", you are more than likely familiar with the rule of "not feeding the trolls". In your post you gave the alleged troll a nice savory feast.
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedkatie View Post
    Is there a term for someone who is attracted to males only while crossdressed?

... And I don't find the idea of a man and another man particularly appealing.
    As unpopular as my response will be, the term for this is autogynephilia (AGP). Not homosexual, since this is an attraction between same-sex, self-identified men. Not bi, since bisexuals are attracted to men and/or women whether they are dressed or not.

AGP is not necessarily a bad thing, it may even be a sexual attraction on its own merit, but basically it means the love of oneself as a woman. Let me explain.

If you are not ordinarily attracted to men, it is likely that should you actually find yourself having sex with a man even if you are dressed, the reality of being two male-bodied individuals having sex together would turn you off. The illusion that you are a female-bodied individual would shatter. So it is not about an attraction to a man while you are dressed, it is more about what the fantasy of being with him does to enhance your feelings of femininity ... it's the fantasy of being a female-bodied individual that is sexually exciting for you, and throwing a man in the fantasy helps to make it all the more real.

There are a few threads about this, and other threads asking members whether or not they are attracted to men. There are members who are gay or bi and who do have a real attraction to men. There are other members who felt like you, they actually tried it, and they discovered that being with a man was a turn off. And there are scads of members who prefer to keep it in the fantasy realm (they say they are attracted to or fantasize about men, not they've been with men), since I gather it is more fun to keep it that way than finding out that being with a man is a disappointment or a turn off?

EDIT - Oops, forgot to say. The easiest way to determine whether you are bi or not, is to go out and have sex with a man while dressed. And go all the way. Do it a few times, if you're not sure. If you like it, then I'm assuming that previously erected barriers against this will break down and you will also like it when you're not dressed. Then you'll know that you're bi, if you also continue to be attracted to women.

If your attraction to women wanes eventually and you only want to be with men, then you'll know that you are gay. If after a longer period of time you discover that you do identify as a woman, you transition, and you are still attracted to men, then you'll be hetero again. Full circle.
    Last edited by ReineD; 09-12-2012 at 01:56 AM.
    Reine

I can honestly say the only way to find your true self is to try what tempts you (providing it is legal), you might like it, you might hate it but there is only one way to know for sure. Once you have found out, you can label yourself if you really feel the need......

I might have said it before on this forum, I am a gay CD who is dating a gay CD, imagine how many combinations I could come up with!! The simple truth is that I am a gay man however I am dressed because I only find men attractive no matter what they are wearing.....

Clear as mud?

If it helps, I think Reine has hit the nail on the head, many many people have fantasies about being with men while they are dressed but there is one simple truth, clothesand makeup DO NOT and CANNOT change your sexuality!

Good luck whichever way you go!

Its called straight. You have a woman inside you that is trying to express her femininity and physical needs. The need to be with a strong masculine guy. To feel protected and loved by a man.

And this too, Katie:

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    But CD'ers who prefer to be in the company of men, and men who are attracted to them do exist.
    They're referred to as Admirers, and here's a prime example:

Quote Originally Posted by seanmuscle View Post
    Its called straight. You have a woman inside you that is trying to express her femininity and physical needs. The need to be with a strong masculine guy. To feel protected and loved by a man.
    There's more about this here: http://www.aliceingenderland.com/Manhunt.html
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    How about heteroflexible?
    I like that one Kelly.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

It certainly is complicated.....and I'm one of them too. We need to come up with a term for it

There's more about this here: http://www.aliceingenderland.com/Manhunt.html

great article Reine......sums it up nicely
    Last edited by kristinacd55; 09-12-2012 at 05:55 AM.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedkatie View Post
    Religious thumping should really be moderated...
    As should thumping the religious.

Condescending, name-calling, and general aggression either way is moderated, so let's lighten up, shall we?

Kathi

kathi...thank you... a voice of reason. kallibrooke, you also said it right, the label thing is soooo overrated and yes it is such a slippery sloop that leads us nowhere. I also tend to find renees answer, as usual, well thought out and insightful...ty renee! but in the end,kathi has said it best...lets lighten up and lets move the religious "stuff" out, it serves no purpose to the posters question ,and only causes problems...no upside there

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    I had to laugh, sorry sweetie, I was thinking of my feelings years ago, at first I just thought I was gay and pursed other gay men but like you said only when dressed enfemme and in the female mind set, so after a few years of that craziness and finally figuring out I was just a woman that liked men LOL normal........ although I should add that I do occasionally enjoy the company of another woman in a sexual way so for those that need to hang a label I choose bisexual.

Bi for sure and I will leave the religious stuff alone. If you present yourself as a beautiful girl then I am attracted. All girls/gurls or how one may spell it out. Me, Lesbian? Screw the labels and let's have fun...together.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

There are terms, but are they suitable?
    The fluid nature of sexual expression, identity, and orientation are very complex and each person is different.
    I used to think I was bisexual; maybe I am, but I am very rarely, if ever, attracted, to stereotypical men dressed like men.
    But, I am attracted to certain slender, MTF transgendered persons such as myself... always,.... weather I am dressed or not. As long as they are dressed! I suppose my preference may be the reverse of the situation you mentioned.

I am also attracted to women, but that is secondary for me.
    I think for me, it's more about the size, shape, and texture of someone... softness, gentleness, physical characteristics, intelligence and particularly, but not always , long hair.
    So, I don't know which term is best suited here, but it makes life facinating.
    Monica

Untitled
    I've had enough trawling this thread and having to delete religious comments and other hurtful comments, thread done
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another