Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving While Dressed

Driving While Dressed

I plan on going out this Saturday night to a club. I want to drive to the bar instead of taking a cab because I don't want to waste my money.
    It would cost 60-80 bucks. However it will still be light outside when I drive down there because I have an appointment with a makeup artist at 5 pm and can't get a later appointment. I'm a little paranoid driving during daylight hours.
    I'm just not used to pulling up to a traffic light and having cars close on either side of me and possibly getting a look at me or worse seeing someone I know. This seems stupid but I've got the "cold feet syndrome" with driving by myself. Taking a cab would be the easy way out.........
    Anyone else ever feel like this?

Why? In the cab, people will still see you. And you need to deal with the cab driver. So I would think your car would be easier and less panic to you. Very little chance of seeing someone you know and even then having them recognize you!

Try It! Hugs Edy

Quote Originally Posted by Edyta_C View Post
    Why? In the cab, people will still see you. And you need to deal with the cab driver. So I would think your car would be easier and less panic to you. Very little chance of seeing someone you know and even then having them recognize you!

Try It! Hugs Edy
    I've been in cabs before dressed up and the drivers are real used to this stuff. They have seen it all before, I have had good conversations with all the cabbies I rode with.
    I think for me its the fear of someone like my friends I work with recodnizing the family auto and then looking over to see me and saying holy sh!t, look at you!!!!
    If ya know what I mean.
    Last edited by Launa; 09-13-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Silver Member
    It's real easy. Do not look left or right at a light. No one will notice you. No one. It is easier than getting in a taxi. Make sure you don't need gas and have a back-up plan for any car troubles (a quick change bag). Enjoy yourself.

Yes, my car isn't a common model, so I would be apprehensive about someone recognizing my car. But I agree with Heather. Just keep looking straight ahead at stop lights.

Banned Read only
    Yes Heatherdress, that's what I do. I don't look left or right. But I have been at red lights and can see out the corner of my eye when the car beside me was stopped and they keep inching forward to get a better look at me.
    And Dee3, my car is like that also. Since I got my car 4 years ago, I have only seen about five others like it in those 4 years. So when my car goes down the road, and if anyone I know sees it, they may know it's me, or maybe the next time they seemed, they may say, hey I saw a woman that drives a sports car just like yours. I tired to catch her, but wow, she drove really fast.

Tara

I drove the streets in Atlanta long before I had the courage to dress in public. Being in your car is a very safe place. If you like get a nice pair of large sun glasses and with your makeup and wig no one will no the difference. One of the best things you can do for yourself is act the part. When dressed as a woman act the part, be a woman. It takes practice and practice can be fun. I have never had any trouble driving around. Testing the water is so fun. Most of the time when a man inches his car forward he just want to get a better look at the woman beside him. Go and have a great time. The best of luck. Testing the water is so much fun.

Ladies,

I used to be real nervous driving but then it dawned on me: tell me what the person in the car next to you on the way home tonight looked like? Male or female? What were they wearing?

You don't know because people are paying even less attention to what you look like while driving than they do when you are walking by them on the street! Don't worry. Go out and have fun! If you really want to have fun, smile at the person in the car next to you and plant a big lipstick kiss on the window! Then drive off!

Debby
    Debby

Funny, I'd be petrified of dealing with a cab driver, but I'm fine with driving myself. GGs don't look around at stoplights and my hair and glasses disguise my face, so I'm comfy even though our car is somewhat recognizable.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I agree with Debby about just driving yourself. People, for the most part, are generally clueless about their surroundings. We feel over vigilant about what others may perceive, when they really are just so busy doing their own thing. Just act natural like you're supposed to be there, and chances are nothing will happen anyway. Act like you own it!

Jamie

I agree, people don't pay attention to anything around them when they are driving. It explains why there are so many bad drivers. I wear wigs and bright lip gloss all the time while driving and nobody ever looks twice. I would recommend a safety outfit for any emergency that you can get into in just a few minutes. sweat pants and gym shoes close by. Saved me one night when I got hit from behind at a red light.

One nice thing about a cab is that you can enjoy a few drinks at the club without worrying about driving.

Ameli

Ita fanastic driving around nobodt notices you and i enjoy getting gas when i'm dressed
    laurieg

Quote Originally Posted by susangirl View Post
    ...... If you like get a nice pair of large sun glasses and with your makeup and wig no one will no the difference. .
    Exactly. But, the "going to a club" part implies drinking alcohol. That would be a good reason to take a cab.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

It is only on the odd occasion that whilst dressed and out somewhere, I have had the deer in the headlights feeling.
    It just happens. Most other times I am ok.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    I agree. Drinking and driving just don't mix. Of course nothing will happen, but if something does happen and you have been drinking it will be your fault no matter what.

But all the others have been right. NOBODY looks at you in your car. Think about it. How many women did you see driving last time you were out? How many with a blue top? How many had a skirt and how many were wearing pants? How many were wearing heels? Flats? How many were wearing makeup?

You can't answer any of those questions. Because if you were looking that closely, you would not be able to drive your car without having an accident. My goodness, you could drive naked and no one would notice. It's true, you know.

So stop worrying about a fantasy that's all in your imagination, dear. Go have fun.

S

I under stand your fears, but girl just go for it. You are doing it for you self, not the other drivers. After you go out the first time you will come to under stand that you are doing it for you annd not any one else.

Platinum Member
    No, I feel pretty much at ease driving en femme. Why not - people will see me when I get to my destination anyway...so if a total stranger happens to see me while we're at a stop light its really no big deal. You'll get over it.

Think about it. Do you look at who is driving the car next to you at a stoplight? Unless it is a Red Corvette convertible with the top down, I don't. And when you are driving, everyone else is trying to not run into someone else and they are not looking at you. If it worries you, when you are stopped, just be otherwise occupied. Brush your hair. Listen to the radio. Look ahead and wait for the light to change, then even IF they are staring you won't know it.

When I moved to Denver, someone told me "Everyone there is really odd looking. When you are at a stoplight look at the person next to you, you will die laughing". I tried that but when I looked over, they were already laughing at me....

Don't sweat it. No one really cares. Besides you are getting a make over right? you will be fabulous!
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Put one foot in front of the other...walk to the car...drive to your appointment...get your makeover...drive to the club and have a good time.
    Just don't drink and drive...you might spill your drink...lol.

Relax...people don't really pay attention to those around them that much. They are all too busy on the phone, putting on makeup, eating and all those other things that makes them drive like lunatics. Just obey the speed limit and go have fun.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Well, how often do you see people you know when you're out driving?
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

As long as I'm out of my neighborhood I have no problem.....heck pretty soon THAT may not be a problem either!

Last summer I drove enfemme from Lansing Michigan through Chicago in stop go traffic and broad daylight. Got "thank you mam's" from the toll both attendants and never garnered a second glance from anyone. Truly a great experience....so go for it!

Well, for me the hardest part in getting in and out of the car unnoticed, but once I'm driving, even if someone sees me, there are many cars just like mine on the road and anyone who say we would not believe it was me. So, no worry. Just bring a change of clothing in case you need it and you can always wear your male jacket to cover yourself up...and if anyone you know does see you...just keep driving and don't look...pretend like you don't know them and later if they say something, say you were somewhere else or your wife had the car that day.
    Chickie

I don't understand why people keep saying "no one will notice." I've caught up to cars I thought I'd recognized, and looked over to see who was driving, and waved if I recognized them.

I guess it depends on how friendly people are?

60-80 bucks (round trip?) is pretty steep, how far is the ride?

If you don't plan on drinking, then driving will be a good option. I never drank anything more than a diet coke when I went to the bars. Alcohol isn't necessary for a good time.

But, you need to factor in the cost of parking, if any, and gas. Sometimes a cab ride can come out cheaper.

However, one way to get over your paranoia is to drive more often. I never worried about being seen, but my wife did, so I wouldn't put on my wig until I was away from the neighborhood.
    DonnaT