Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who ARE you?

What a great question. I beleive for me the answer will not come until I am facing the judgment and then and only then can we, I, measure who I was, for then it will be over, no diversions, no excuses. For me, I hope that the answer is that I was a good person who loved her family and friends and did no harm to anyone.

Woman, wife, mother, soccer player, swimmer, surfer, scuba diver, motorcycle rider, skier, dancer, traveler, explorer..... lover of life, music, art...cook, laundress, house keeper, accountant.. diaper changer, boo boo kisser, teacher of children.... I need help!
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Banned Read only
    Simply one Human amongst billions. Similar to every Human on the planet in that EVERY one of us is unique.

Brian Johnson: Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. What we did *was* wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain...
    Andrew Clark: ...and an athlete...
    Allison Reynolds: ...and a basket case...
    Claire Standish: ...a princess...
    John Bender: ...and a criminal...
    Brian Johnson: Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club.

Sorry couldn't resist....

As far as the question goes I am just your average everyday walking contradiction!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm a mess.
    3 word answer to a 3 word question

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I liken your question to the old saw about how you can't step in the same river twice.

Who am I? I'm me.

Wait, . . . now I've changed.

And again . . .

Honestly, I don't give the question as much thought as I used to. I know who I am. I'm me. Always have been, and always will be - however that turns out. And who you are to you - to me, anyway - matters less to me than who I am to others. Convoluted? Yep, but that's just me.

Kathi

I am who I am at the moment. Tomorrow I am not so sure of who I will be. Although, I am the dweller of a masculine body with a somewhat feminine mind. I am content with myself most of the time but at other times I am a real trial on the nerves of myself and others. In short I am a royal mess and proud of it.

Lift up my SKIRT an yull find out ? Until then NUN YO BITTNESS ,,,, Not a Man or Machine ,,,,Just something in between ,,,LOL,,, KRIPTINITE
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    I think therefore I am. the who or what part takes care of itself, usually I can accept it for today and know that tomorrow might well be different.

I'm still on a looooong journey to find the answer to that question

Who am I? I'm me. Now, WHAT am I, is a whole nuther question.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hi,

Some one who is made up of spirit ,body & soul. who has been given life .& each of us in our own way is very different. its not wether we are male, female or some of both we have dislikes & likes we dont all do the same thing . we can hate & love,

Our makeup manirisims persanality are all different, yet we do have some things in common.

A no body , ...no.... we are all known ,

I wont list those things about myself because many know allready. though what you see in my avatar is pretty much what i look like though does not tell you what im really like, that can only be done by a face to face & talking about our selfs,
    Of cause theres more to who i am. as a person though i think you know enough to have a good idear,

& as to who we .... really..... are we will all find out one day.

...noeleena...

I think we carry within us the forgotten or unknown self that we lived the first years of life but gave up to please others by conforming to what was expected of us.

Like a piece of clay we are shaped by others but some part of us resists and tries to stay the same and this part of us is our essence that cannot be changed but can be forgotten when we only think of ourself in relation to others.

The question "who am I" is answered when the answer becomes more valuable than anything else in our lives if by answering the question everything in our lives is placed at risk.

The difficulty is not in finding the answer so much as allowing ourselves to ask the question(s) that only have one answer and it is this answer we try to avoid.

The search for truth is paid in pain and that is why we avoid the truth and embrace the false and this is everyones story to some degree.

The illusion is that truth hurts more than falsehood because truth brings immediate pain where falsehood creates a dull never ending ache so we ignore problems that only truth will solve hoping it will go away so never experience complete freedom from pain because we accept the false but the only escape from pain is from paying in pain

We compromise in our effort to be comfortable, secure, loved, ect.. pursuing happiness, usually this works if we have not traveled to far from who we are and into the false self.

For some this becomes an impossibility because they have a deeper calling, a restlessness that nothing seems to quiet.

Sometimes it is a spiritual calling other times a thirst for adventure but than there is another calling back to original truth and in this truth is the answer "who am I" and for some the answer is "I am a woman"

The clothes and the body really are secondary in my opinion to the fact that you can think one thing but be (feel) its complete opposite, feelings are where the truth lives because that is where we started out from, with "thinking" in later years being built on top of or replacing feelings.

Our feelings belong to us but our thinking is learned largely from others that we take in and make our own.

Conflict comes when what we think is true/false is not what we feel is true/false.

The feeling truth needs to be brought up from the deepths and recognized as true but you must be willing to suspend judgement to do this.

Trust your gut. (instinct, intution,ect..) live your feelings, follow your passion.

In my opinion gender dysphoria is about feelings and can only be addressed (found and understood) by feelings, not intellectually.

Identity is a primal experience.
    Last edited by KellyJameson; 09-15-2012 at 12:41 AM.

I am Contessa the person I was before I got lost. No one knew me. But they knew him. But he wasn't me. He is all but gone now. Traces. Of him. He can't say goodbye completely because of a nickname and his dad title. But he will be leaving till he is actually gone. Greet me as Contessa!

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

I must admit there times when my wife gets pictures developed that I will go through them and I will stop at one of me and stare into the eyes and say to myself, if other people could see what these eyes have seen. A almost secret life, a life of hiding and to everyone they see these eyes of a son, father, husband and construction worker, but I see the eyes of a almost stranger who wears women clothing and can't explain why and knowing I can't ever stop.

Simply,No, I do not know who I am. The answer, though, is becoming less important each passing day. I am merely one more grain of sand on a beach containing billions of us, none more perfect than another and in the big picture, no more important than any of our neighbours.

Carlene........

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I'm a mess.
    3 word answer to a 3 word question
    Somedays I have it all figured out and the next day it all goes to hell

I am alive, I am me.

Banned Read only
    I am that woman your mother always warned you about.

I am still not sure myself, just who I am,
    I am that 53 year old guy that has never really been all that comfortable with himself, Always self concious, always a little unsure about myself
    I am sure that a shrink could retire if they actually could get inside my head

So who am I, is a very good question, Good luck trying to get an answer.
    no one really knows, not even myself.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Happy!

Gold Member
    I am Sparticus!

Well, maybe not. I am who I am today. Tomorrow I will be someone else. Life shapes us on a daily basis, so we are always changing even if we aren't aware of it. So I am someone who accepts that and accepts who I am. The fact is that if you aren't accepting yourself, you are the only one that has the power to change it. Live life, don't let it live you.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    I'm not sure but these voices in my head are singing "Who who who who, I really want to know" There is a part of me that feels like a dying clown with a streak of Rin tin tin.

Oh God, please make it stop!!!
    Who are you,who,who..............ah who the f**k are you

Love these guys

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Woman, wife, mother, soccer player, swimmer, surfer, scuba diver, motorcycle rider, skier, dancer, traveler, explorer..... lover of life, music, art...cook, laundress, house keeper, accountant.. diaper changer, boo boo kisser, teacher of children.... I need help!
    The crown of jewels on a man you are young lady

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    I am that woman your mother always warned you about.
    oooowwweeee....................el quoo quoyyyyyyy

I yam what I yam and thats all that I yam.....ahk ahk ahk ahk

Thera

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Well... if you ever need a maid..

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Well... if you ever need a maid..
    I am thinking about offering the job to Daniel Craig, but if he turns it down.. I'll put you on the short list.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg