Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ham radio operators talking about panties.:)

Ham radio operators talking about panties.:)

I happened to hear a group of ham radio operators on the the 75M ham band last night. The one guy was telling the other guys about nylon panties and how they were better and easier to wash and faster to dry. I thought this convo would turn into TG bashing but it didn't. It then when onto talking about pantyhose and how some had worn them for sports or in the army or to keep warm. The panty guy had a little teasing directed his way as they called him a tranny jokingly. Eventually the subject changed without any real concerns the panty guy might be gay or weird.

It's always amazing the things people will talk about and the reactions are always so diverse. You think it will go one way and then are shocked that it does not. Now if we all stood up and "owned" these things, maybe life wouldn't be so hard for a lot of us.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Joanne View Post
    It's always amazing the things people will talk about and the reactions are always so diverse. You think it will go one way and then are shocked that it does not. Now if we all stood up and "owned" these things, maybe life wouldn't be so hard for a lot of us.
    I have to tell you I was expecting the worst since I caught the conversation already in progress. I have heard other conversations where it was gay bashing, etc. This one surprised me.

Were they talking about panties specifically or nylon mens underpants??
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Quote Originally Posted by Gina X View Post
    Were they talking about panties specifically or nylon mens underpants??
    Gina they were talking about wearing women's panties. There were a bout 6 of them (men) chatting.

Just goes to show you, you'll never know where another "panty thread" will turn up! LOL

Wink Ham radio operators talking about panties.:)

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    I happened to hear a group of ham radio operators on the the 75M ham band last night. The one guy was telling the other guys about nylon panties and how they were better and easier to wash and faster to dry. I thought this convo would turn into TG bashing but it didn't. It then when onto talking about pantyhose and how some had worn them for sports or in the army or to keep warm. The panty guy had a little teasing directed his way as they called him a tranny jokingly. Eventually the subject changed without any real concerns the panty guy might be gay or weird.
    I have on talked about women's panties but not on SSB phone bands. On PSK-31 have had a few conversations with other panty wearing hams I met them on a forum called men who wear panties before working them on the air. There used to be a Yahoo group "CQ TG" but was taken off due to low posting, think the group had about 25 on the list.

Ok Marleena,
    What were their callsigns, check them out look them up on the call sign listings.
    Were they W s or overseas?
    I know some who do various radio sports and wear tights and hose to track through bracken and bushy country.
    They need to be able to run fast and carry 2m beams.
    Of course there are other CD radio amateurs around.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have to tell you I was expecting the worst since I caught the conversation already in progress. I have heard other conversations where it was gay bashing, etc. This one surprised me.
    Why didn't you break in?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Seems like a lot of hams are CD/TG/TS, or maybe a lot of CD/TG/TS are hams, not sure which, but I know several who are in both groups. Proud to be one meself.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Every oldbie tranny knows that certain hobbies are heavily represented in the CD/TG community.

For the older ones it's Ham radio and model trains and heathkits
    for the next younger ones it's video games and computers
    the the real young ones it's anime and cosplay and J-pop.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    I really need to start listening more.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Why didn't you break in?
    I'm not licensed Beverly They were all in the States but I didn't bother logging anybody.

I'm not a licensed ham operator but I used to use my CB regularly when I drove truck. There were several times when the wearing of feminine items was mentioned and it seemed like everybody on the channel had something derogatory to say. Maybe ham operators are of a higher class than truckers with CBs, it seems like they were respectful of each other. It's nice to know that there wasn't a lot of gay bashing over the airwaves.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by Jilmac View Post
    I'm not a licensed ham operator but I used to use my CB regularly when I drove truck. There were several times when the wearing of feminine items was mentioned and it seemed like everybody on the channel had something derogatory to say. Maybe ham operators are of a higher class than truckers with CBs, it seems like they were respectful of each other. It's nice to know that there wasn't a lot of gay bashing over the airwaves.
    Well Jill I have heard ham operators bash TG people so it is not perfect either. This convo was refreshing with no macho BS coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilmac View Post
    I think that your observation has more to do with the demographic of trucking than the demographics of the two radio services.

I'm a ham and met a dear CD friend because of our shared hobby, but wouldn't want to discuss CDing on the air. The main reason is that, being a licensed service, amateur radio operators are required to use call signs that are quite searchable on a federal database. Bring up your interesting clothing tastes in a QSO and you're instantly outed!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

in my red silk panties,other trucker's called me auntie,but I'm the happiest driver on highway 81 .

It seems many of us drove commercial truck at least for a while, regular "tranny truckers"! Hmm, maybe thread fuel?

Marleena, in general it seems this is another tiny bit of evidence that society is crossing a tipping point in accepting crossgender expression in the mainstream, in spite of it being a panty "net". I'm going to the VA hospital to get started on hrt, the VA also provides transgender speech therapy at some locations. Old Dominion University is offering transgender speech therapy here in the Norfolk, Va area. Our school system here in conservative Virginia shot down a proposal to ban crossdressing in the public high schools, acknowledging and accepting, to some degree, gender variant students. In my transition, of course some have been opposed, but it has been mind blowing the tolerance and even acceptance from so many others in my life. Maybe, I just like seeing life with the glass half full.

Amateur radio op: AA4......

Joni

BTW, what receiver were you using? and when are you going to get your ticket?
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Joni I was listening on an Icom R8500, it was an SSB net. I never got my ticket because I'm actually not much of a talker. I would end up being a DX chaser instead, not that it's a bad thing.

It's nice to hear you live in a progressive state and your steps towards transition are going well. Canada is usually a good place too, but my city is backwards. I have to travel 100 miles to find a TS group and acceptance. My endo is in that city. My own city is very transphobic, you won't see any of us out and about.

i am a ham operator up here in ont maybe i better start listening on 75 m

They're back at it on 3.859 LSB.lol..

They're back at it on 3.859 LSB.lol..
    I think 3.859 will be a popular frequency to listen on.
    This time of the year 80m is not good over 2000 miles.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I think 3.859 will be a popular frequency to listen on.
    This time of the year 80m is not good over 2000 miles.
    I'm beginning to wonder about this group after listening last night. It sounds like a bunch of guys just screwing around and having fun. They moved up one eventually to 3.860.

I've heard a lot of strange things on 75 SSB that you just don't seem to hear on the other bands. I wonder if it's the reverse of the old cellphone RF argument - maybe the lower frequencies affect your sense of caution while on the air. I think I'll fire up the old 75A4 and put it on that freq (it's a much better receiver for casual listening than either of my ricebox rigs lol).