Thread: Sophia's Nearly Full Time Weekend

Sophia's Nearly Full Time Weekend

Hey, ladies! I decided this weekend to get away a little bit and so I got a super-nice room in a decent hotel near the bay (I won't say which bay. My secret hideout must remain secret!) and with the exception of a concert that I may or may not be attending tonight, I will be going full time this weekend! I plan on going out of my safety bubble for the first time tonight. Wish me luck!
    "Who are they? Are they the half that we've lost - the H2 to our O, that have joined as water to make streams, seas, waterfalls, waves, storms?"
    - From "We" by Yevgeny Zamyatin

Good luck, and most of all be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by erickka View Post
    Good luck, and most of all be safe!
    Thanks! I'm an intelligence and security professional, so threat assessment and mitigation is always first and foremost in my mind. That's why IF I go to this concert tonight (Irish rock band celebrating "halfway to St. Patty's Day), it will be in drab. The last thing I need is to fall afoul of a drunken mosh pit. That's exactly how you end up dead or at least bleeding internally.
    "Who are they? Are they the half that we've lost - the H2 to our O, that have joined as water to make streams, seas, waterfalls, waves, storms?"

Glad for you!
    You seem very bright so I know you'll make it fine among civilians. I will hope that you will enjoy yourself and await a thread on how it went

Do it right, stay safe and have a good weekend.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Okay, first complication of the weekend: I have neither hose nor heels for one of the outfits I bought, so out I go.

First change of plans: screw the concert. They aren't that good, there was about a 50/50 chance that the band would even show up anyway, and large crowds of drunk dudes trying to get laid are not really a good idea for a newly-minted (so to speak) girl such as myself. I found a new GLBT friendly club in my area and I'm going tonight! Seems like a good way to come out more or less officially.
    Last edited by Sophia Claire; 09-15-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Hope that it won't get to cold. Perhaps you should bring a cardigan in case it would get chilly in the evening.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    Enjoy your weekend! May it be filled with smiles and joy!

Sophia...have a wonderful time and enjoy!

Best of luck for a wonderful time! Was that said with a straight, sincere expression because I am jealous as heck!

Hope you have a wonderful time Honey. Keep your chin up and maybe you will get "lucky!"

Yes, have a great time and let us know how everything was.

Good luck Sophia and have fun! Let us know how everything went.

Jamie

Thanks everyone! I just got back from trying to find a pair of shoes and hose that go with my outfit, and it was a success!

Quote Originally Posted by Erina View Post
    Hope that it won't get to cold. Perhaps you should bring a cardigan in case it would get chilly in the evening.
    Actually, the temperature here stays pretty nice in spring, summer, and fall at night. During the day, though, the temperature ranges from "solar surface temperature" to "vat of liquid nitrogen," depending on the season. Scandinavia is still colder. I went to Gothenburg in Feb trying to avoid flocks of tourists. In lieu of saying how much snow was on the ground, shall we say I was successful?

Either way, I normally do pretty well with the cold. Thanks for looking out, though!

Hi Sophia. Enjoy your night out and let us know how it went!
    Anna x

Hope you have great outing - relax and intelligent fun

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Sophia,

Enjoy your night out of the safety zone. It'll only make the experience that much more enjoyable I'm sure.

I'll look forward to your update on the nights entertainment.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk