Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why have I never done this before?

Why have I never done this before?

So...., I decided to push my comfort zone a bit and paint my toenails! At first I was going to go with red or pink but I found a fantastic purple metallic that's still quite feminine (purple fever by Ruby Kisses BTW). After a quick pedi I set to work. Geez, you have to be a contortionist to get into a workable position! Now I was committed, as I checked I have nothing around the house to remove it. Got em all done and added a second coat to even things out. The smell of nail polish is intoxicating! Well maybe that was the acetone, lols.

So now for the last few days I have been loveing my cute toenails! Every time I see them I smile. I never expected this, and am pleasantly surprised.

Now after some retrospection, I think my color choice was subconscious perhaps, as I have always liked puple (the official color of our community?) and now wear it as a tribute to my TG sisters and brothers, and for myself, of course!

I never thought a little paint in some strategic locations would result in warm fuzzy feelings.

Has anyone else found that its the little things that make a big difference?

I feel naked without toenail polish. Today is metallic red.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    I feel naked without toenail polish. Today is metallic red.
    Me too. Hot pink today.

Cant stand to even look at them without it ,,, Cant even remember what it was like an try an forget it if I could remember . They just look better thats it !
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

My wife has absolutely no interest in painting her nails, but I do so almost daily. The fingernails are cleaned off each afternoon, but I often leave a coat of clear on my toenails. I have to agree though when they have a nice red or purple on them, it never fails to put a smile on my face when I see them.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Absolutely love toenail polish. They have to be stealth, and unfortunately right now I am shooting blanks down there, but hope to get them back in the game next week.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I have also been working on my mani, frigging mirror finish on those badboys! No polish..yet. Getting some good length too!
    Last edited by Lady Slipper; 09-16-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Well done - time to switch the color on my toes

Silver Member
    Lady Slipper - Congratulations. It is often the little things in life that make a big difference.

Tonight my SO and I watched a few segments of a series she purchased, a total of 24 lectures on Dante's Commedia. It's very good. Anyway, as I was watching, I noticed how awful my toe nails were. They still had the polish I put on two months ago. lol So I took it off, pushed back the cuticles, trimmed and filed, and then rubbed olive oil all over my toes for conditioning.

I may put some on again next week, but it will be the last time until next Spring. There's no point during the fall/winter, since no one ever sees my toes!
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I may put some on again next week, but it will be the last time until next Spring. There's no point during the fall/winter, since no one ever sees my toes!
    Lols, almost the polar opposite of my position!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Slipper View Post
    So...., I decided to push my comfort zone a bit and paint my toenails! At first I was going to go with red or pink but I found a fantastic purple metallic that's still quite feminine (purple fever by Ruby Kisses BTW). After a quick pedi I set to work. Geez, you have to be a contortionist to get into a workable position! Now I was committed, as I checked I have nothing around the house to remove it. Got em all done and added a second coat to even things out. The smell of nail polish is intoxicating! Well maybe that was the acetone, lols.

So now for the last few days I have been loveing my cute toenails! Every time I see them I smile. I never expected this, and am pleasantly surprised.

Now after some retrospection, I think my color choice was subconscious perhaps, as I have always liked puple (the official color of our community?) and now wear it as a tribute to my TG sisters and brothers, and for myself, of course!

I never thought a little paint in some strategic locations would result in warm fuzzy feelings.

Has anyone else found that its the little things that make a big difference?
    You have perfectly captured a fundamental aspect of femininity that I never fail to notice and appreciate! Lady Slipper, it is ALL about the details!!! Sometimes subtle, sometimes flashy, sometimes it's the maintenance, other times it's something special! The fact that you reflected further on treating yourself well is another feminine trait we share. All you need now is to have someone do them for you...voila! Warm & fuzzy with less leg cramps and often a better finish~
    "It is a great thing to know our vices." - Cicero

WARNING: Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects or any other reasons...you DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Back when my second wife and I were still in love, we used to take dresses on vacation for me to wear in private and we painted my fingernails fairly often. Once we were crossing back from Canada into the US at Blaine, WA and realized at the last minute that my fingernails were still pink. I handed the passports to the dude without comment or particular nervousness. He said, "And...you have pink fingernails," and practically doubled over in friendly laughter. He couldn't speak but he handed back the passports and waved us on without another question.

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    Cant stand to even look at them without it...They just look better thats it !
    Yep, that's how I feel about pedi's.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Even if no one is going to see my feet (ie - wintertime outings in boots and tights), I still feel wrong in not having polish. I see them enough to make it worth my while and it makes me happy.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Switched from a poppy pink to a burgundy (dark reddish-brown), Sally Hansen Cinna-Snap, Friday and really like the look. Whereas the pink seemed a little muted and didn’t attract much attention the burgundy really stands out. Went to Marie Calendars with the family Friday evening and it was obvious that several people noticed my toenails, including our server; Saturday evening it was off to a Mexican restaurant.

One nice thing about Southern California is that I can wear sandals year-round, and do. My sandals are from SAS and while they are a Women’s sandal SAS makes the same sandal in a Men’s; I happen to like the Women’s brown better.
    Babs

I have no idea what my toes look like without polish anymore. I've kept them painted since at least the late '80s (and off and on before that). The only thing odd about it to me is that I almost never wear sandals or open-toe shoes, so I am usually the only one who ever sees them, not that it would bother me to show them off.

- Diane

i get a manicure and pedicure every two weeks at a local nail salon. I live in Southern California and practically live in women's open toe sandals all year round, even in the winter and therefore my toes are always on display. Even though I have tried all colors, I love wearing bright red or hot pink on my toes and therefore my toes are almost always wearing bright red or hot pink. I don't really have a drab mode and am just a feminine male but there is no doubt that I'm male. I get a lot of compliments from women on my red or pink toes and the quality of the pedicures. Several GGs at my church even started going to my nail technician for mani/pedi because of the quality of her work that they see on my toenails every Sunday.

I suggest to the original poster "Lady Slipper" that you proudly show you pretty metallic purple toes in public in women's sandals even in male mode. It is a very liberating experience and is not any different than when men first started wearing earrings.

Jamie
    Wearing Orly Haute Red on my Toes
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Slipper View Post
    ......Now I was committed, as I checked I have nothing around the house to remove it. Got em all done and added a second coat to even things out. The smell of nail polish is intoxicating! Well maybe that was the acetone..........
    I paint my toes for just about every day now. However, I was admitted to hospital a couple of weeks back and remember the alarm bells in my head going off as the consultant delivered the news. My toes were a lovely vivid pink under my drab mode, black socks. Luckily, the NHS is as slow as a Cart Horse and I was told that it would be at least an hour or two wait for a bed. Ill or not, I made my way to the local pharmacy on the main road.

Yee Ha! Nail polish remover, £1.69.

A close shave,......for toe nails!

Reb
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I also love mine done .. have a nice pink shade on as that goes well with my new heels.

was working at a mates place doing a wiring job and his wife has a cleaning obsession so you have to take your shoes off and i only had thin socks on...0ops

Aspiring Member
    Removed the nail polish yesterday and reapplied it today, enjoy having my toenails with nail polish on them.

The first time I painted my toenails and fingernails I chose a bright red (I love), and it felt awesome, it adds to the physical appearance, you cant really see your makeup but you can look down at yourself and see some pretty nails

Thanks for reminding me to repolish mine--they need it!

Love having toe nails polish. With grandkids living with me, dont get to do it as often as I would like to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Even if no one is going to see my feet (ie - wintertime outings in boots and tights), I still feel wrong in not having polish. I see them enough to make it worth my while and it makes me happy.
    And so you should!

Sorry if my post seemed a criticism. It wasn't, I believe people should adorn themselves in ways that make them happy. My nails have never been a priority. In the summer I might paint them for a special occasion, and now that I'm older () and have more time, I'm making a bit more effort to keep my feet looking more feminine. But I feel rather neutral whether they are painted or not, when it's just me looking at them, I suppose in the same way that I don't get dressed up with makeup on if I'm spending the evening at home.

Also when I was in the throes of raising my kids, I didn't have the time or the energy to keep up the nail polish. I was involved in so many hands-on things with them that it was impossible to have nice finger nails. Seems we were always building something or involved in craft projects, fixing things, or gardening, etc, and my nails were a very low priority on my list, unless I had a special evening planned. I did try acrylic nails for awhile. They kept chipping because of all the stuff I was into.

It's a question or priorities and it makes sense to me that CDers would prioritize their nails, since the goal is to be as feminine as possible.
    Reine

Yes love my toenails painted.
    Doing my hands regularly keeps the finger nails neat.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.