Thread: Driving While Dressed Part -2

Driving While Dressed Part -2

Well ladies I went out last night to a club and I drove there dressed in our family car no one noticed the car and the sky didn't fall either.
    I was worried about being recodnized in our own car. It kind of felt like I'd be wearing my high school football jersey with my last name stamped on the back of it but instead it would be stamped on the back of the car.
    I've got to say it was easier than I thought it was going to be.

Cheers!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I have a fear of being recognized in my car too ..... by my neighbors as I leave. I am the only person who lives in our house who drives the white Miata. I'm sure people would put 2 & 2 together and come up with the right answer!

Glad your night out was uneventful in this regard.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

These days my car looks like any other, no distinguishing features and tinted side windows.
    Easy these days to go out dressed.
    Just get out at the mall and go shopping.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I love to drive when dressed......If I have a 2 hour drive ahead of me.... You can be sure I'll try and figure out a way to spend most of it dressed.....

I just got back in from my first drive ever tonight! It was exhilarating for awhile but honestly after awhile it was just driving, mostly because driving in heels is a big pain lol. But it's something I've always wanted to do and finally realized that driving at night is no problem because no one can see you

Good for you Launa! Keep it up and enjoy your freedom!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Launa,

Most of the times our worst fears are not realized. Have fun and stay safe!

Great for you! Ok now we know you got there and back but tell us about the event and the rest of your night.

I was asked on Monday morning by a co-worker, where I was going on Saturday night. Luckily he saw my car and not me. Now I drive a car that a lot of people drive. So when I start going out again, I shouldn't have a problem.

One thing to remember is, you might have a mechanical problem or you might be involved in an accident (OK, that's two things).

In the case of an accident, unless it's a single car accident and you are uninjured and able to change quickly, you'll be found out. You might end up in the hospital in a dress.

The only times I've been out, I had to change in the car so I had my "boy bag" with me. Once, I pulled into a mall parking lot and heard the dreaded "thump thump" of a flat tire. I was sure I would have to make a quick change and change the tire but I got out and saw that I had run over an old hub capand it was stuck in the tire tread. I pulled it out and everything was fine.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

It seems like a lot of us were apprehensive the first time we went out for a drive. I was no different. The one thing I noticed on my drives were guys in pick ups or SUVs pacing with me. I figured out pretty quickly that they were looking at my legs. I was really nervous at first being "checked out" like that, but with time, I learned to enjoy the attention. Nothing bad ever happened so if you're thinking about going for a drive go for it.

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    I remember a few years before going fulltime, every chance I had to dress and drive I took save once. On that one occasion, fortunatly it was a short 2 hour drive last minute unprepared training class, When I stopped I found myself walking into the ladies room in guy mode Opsie ;-)

Years ago I was out driving while dressed. A few miles from where I lived a carful of friends from where I worked saw my car and followed me. I decided to go home. I had a long driveway at the time and they pulled up at the entrance and waited for me to get out. They honked and yelled at me to get out. I didn't get out. It was a very cold night that evening. They eventually got tired of waiting and left. I then got out of my car and went inside.

When I went back to work two of the guys said they saw my car and would've come up to the car but two of the other guys said they thought they saw a woman driving my car and didn't want to alarm her. I told them it was my sister. For me that was a very close call because the men I worked with were such rednecks that they'd make a firehydrant painted Chinese red look pink compared to the color of their necks.

Hi Launa,
    That is great to hear. I have not done this challenge yet, and your description of the football jersey with your name on the back is how I envision that it would feel. Thank you for dispelling this view and thank you for sharing. Good luck!
    Di

Quote Originally Posted by Launa View Post
    Well ladies I went out last night to a club and I drove there dressed in our family car no one noticed the car and the sky didn't fall either.
    I was worried about being recodnized in our own car. It kind of felt like I'd be wearing my high school football jersey with my last name stamped on the back of it but instead it would be stamped on the back of the car.
    I've got to say it was easier than I thought it was going to be.

Cheers!

This sounds so funny to me now ....but I use to take the hubcaps off my car to change the look of it when i drove around enfemme....LOL anybody remember hubcaps ....

I actually want to take a long drive all the way to San Francisco, CA a 2 1/2 drive and being recognize by some one on the road is one of my biggest fear. then someone while there and someone on my way back.

I love to drive en-femme but i'm lucky that I have a van and can change when I'm a ways from home and change back before getting home.

Quote Originally Posted by BillieJoEllen View Post
    ........because the men I worked with were such rednecks that they'd make a firehydrant painted Chinese red look pink compared to the color of their necks.
    There seems to be an overuse of the term "redneck" on this forum lately and in a pretty negative way. Many of my present and former friends and co-workers proudly called themselves "rednecks". These are not people who drink beer 24/7. they don't all have beer bellies, they don't all beat their wives, and they don't all watch car races.

They are mostly just regular guys, mostly from the south, and proud of their heritage.

If we expect others to not stereotype us, we shouldn't stereotype them.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

You also have to be careful to not speed or anything. I got pulled over while dressed and in 6 inch heels. The officer made me get out and walk the line to prove I was not drunk. Very hard to pull off when you are dressed, pulled over on the freeway, and in huge heels. Needless to say, I'm the cops now have a funny video of me trying not to get arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    There seems to be an overuse of the term "redneck" on this forum lately and in a pretty negative way. Many of my present and former friends and co-workers proudly called themselves "rednecks". These are not people who drink beer 24/7. they don't all have beer bellies, they don't all beat their wives, and they don't all watch car races.

They are mostly just regular guys, mostly from the south, and proud of their heritage.

If we expect others to not stereotype us, we shouldn't stereotype them.
    Hi Linda. I'd heard the term "redneck", but being an ignorant Brit, didn't really know what it meant so looked it up on Wikipedia:

Redneck is a derogatory slang term used in reference to poor, uneducated white farmers, especially from the southern United States. It is similar in meaning to cracker (especially regarding Georgia and Florida), hillbilly (especially regarding Appalachia and the Ozarks), and white trash (but without the last term's suggestions of immorality).
    In recent decades, the term has expanded its meaning to refer to bigoted, loutish reactionaries who are opposed to modern ways, and has often been used to attack Southern conservatives and racists. At the same time, some Southern whites have reclaimed the word, using it with pride and defiance as a self-identifier.
    I guess your friends are in the last category above.
    Anna x

Banned Read only
    I am not comfortable driving in heels that are really high. With all the incidents of floor mats leading to crashes, I became very conscious to not having the customary feel of the pedals. When I do drive en femme, I wear a pair of flats and change later. I recommend, if you're like moi, fabricate some reason to get out of the car. I like to park the car and drop a letter off at the post office or the book return slot at the library or retrieve a newspaper from the coin box. I like to drive in the dark. And, rain makes it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tera View Post
    I just got back in from my first drive ever tonight! It was exhilarating for awhile but honestly after awhile it was just driving, mostly because driving in heels is a big pain lol. But it's something I've always wanted to do and finally realized that driving at night is no problem because no one can see you

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    ... When I do drive en femme, I wear a pair of flats and change later. I recommend, if you're like moi, fabricate some reason to get out of the car. I like to park the car and drop a letter off at the post office or the book return slot at the library or retrieve a newspaper from the coin box. I like to drive in the dark. And, rain makes it better.
    I like to drive en femme, too, and often do when I leave my city. It is easier at night, but I dress sometimes in the day if I am traveling. Underdressing can be done at home, then pull to the back of a large store parking lot to change the rest. My mother always wore flats when driving, then switched to heels when she got out, and that is what I do. Like Stephanie I always make some excuses to get out of the car - often. Check the tires. Look at the headlights. Walk around the front of the car to put something in the back seat or trunk. Drive-thrus are easy when dressed, and can be fun, too, when you realize that while they might suspect - they didn't really know.