Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The CDers Handbook!

Banned Read only

The CDers Handbook!

There is a thread currently ongoing about fashion. And I did not want to derail it with a silly Q.

Since I have not been able to obtain a copy of THE book...

What does it say about boobs? You know...cleavage. Breast forms. Possibly implants?

I have noted in past threads that a number of you [and I would never mention names of course] have different sized breastforms "for different outfits or occasions" or something to that effect.

I am not asking anyone to C&P the entire chapter [chapters?] on the matter but still, I wonder if there are any "basic" rules or guidelines anyone might divulge for people who can't find or afford THE book. And for the rookies too of course.

I am guessing that the thing most people would like to know is how and where the LENGTH of a skirt figures into the "appropriate boob size" equation.

Oh, one other Q. If you are wearing a RED dress or skirt, how does that effect the equation, if at all?
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 12-12-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: spelling

I'm still trying to figure out-when is it appropriate to sport three boobs? I understand the one on the back is for slow dancing.-Celeste

Gee I need another handbook in my meditation room like a hole in the head.
    My library is already quite extensive.
    If I need to know anything about X dressing, I just look on the net.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Are all the people in Tampa as sage as you? What a cool post. I'd like to make a subtle addition to your request for info. When a CD is wearing forms, should they always be attached?

What if you want/need to get naked quickly? And what if you ARE wearing a red skirt?

I'm not sure, but I imagine this is going to be a bug for a while.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have been crossdressing for close to, or maybe over, 70 years and have never heard of a Crossdressers Handbook! After all this time, I don't think I really need one. And as far as Boobs are concerned, although I am definitely a male, I do have natural 40 B's. That was confirmed by a professional bra fitter at Victoria's Secret some years ago! I never wear forms!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I see the Crossdressers Handbook almost the same as the Pirate's Code (Pirates of the Carribbean sytle) with someone looking not unlike Kieth Richards in a ballgown overseeing the dispersal of the rules. Ask the question only if you are sure you are willing to get the answer.

My answer to the oginal post would be don't pop your buttons, wear the form size that makes the fashion you choose look the best and most natural on your body. As for a red dresses, they can make everthing look more attractive, even if nothing underneath has changed. But that's my opinion, not from the CDHB. I'm afraid to ask the keeper of knowledge the quesitons for fear of getting whacked with a very large and sharp mascarra brush.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    I am guessing that the thing most people would like to know is how and where the LENGTH of a skirt figures into the "appropriate boob size" equation.

Oh, one other Q. If you are wearing a RED dress or skirt, how does that effect the equation, if at all?
    Page 79 of the handbook. Very simple equation
    Skirt length > (bra size ÷ 2) + 1 inch for every letter cup size( ie A,B,C,D,DD))) Does not apply to red skirt or dress.
    Last edited by Roberta Lynn; 12-12-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Oh snap now I'm really confused!

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    have never heard of a Crossdressers Handbook!
    What do you mean? Mine's in the mail. Roberta also has a copy, as evidenced by her post...

I believe they are working on an E book so you can use it with your Kindle and maybe even an app for the smart phone.

Yes I am one that has several different sets. But there are so many variables that I am afraid I cannot share the full rules with you unless you take the 300 level course. In general though, if you need weight, silicone forms in a pocket bra. This allows giggle if you dance or when you walk. It also allows women to "feel" them and say silly things like "They feel better than mine". But they can get hot and slippery. Foam works better if you have a higher neck top and cleavage issues are not a concern. They are cooler and they can be attached without worrying about weight. Most have a built in nipple which is nice when you wear an opaque t-shirt. However, they come in white and then the light changes then to a dingy yellow grey. You have to make sure they are covered completely because you look funny with white edges.

"Filets" are good if you have some boobs of your own. Or if you have a top that you cannot pull over your regular forms. You can, when you first start, use 4 filets to make 2 breasts.

Size depends on many factors also. Your body is the first criteria. If you are 6'8" "a" cups are moot. It also depends on your function. If you want to blend, smaller is better. If want to dance in a club and get dollars stick in your bra, then small weather balloons are better (side note, using a paint roller for your eye shadow also makes these look larger).

Really, though you need to get the book. It goes into details and has quizzes at the end of each chapter. It covers things like how to handle birds when you use bird seed as filler and what to say when your water balloon leaks and leaves a wet spot on your top.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

No help here Hon. The first thing I did when I came out was throw THE book away and do things my own way. It seems no matter what we do in this world, there are always those who will presume to tell us how to act, what to do, how to look and how to walk and talk, etc. My uniqueness is not subject to anyone else's "rules and regulations". Tell them to put that in their pipe and smoke it. As far as forms, just wear what you feel looks good.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    I find this tome very useful for cross-dressing. I stand on it to reach the shoe boxes at the top of the wardrobe.

My CD handbook is written in some foreign language so I can’t help.

I think it was printed in China, if that helps.

Last edited by Stacy L; 12-12-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    I spend a lot of time in the closet, because that's where my clothes are.

Someone told me that this was a "Coffee table" book...they didn't tell me I needed a coffee table made of Sequoia Trees....darn, now what do I put my coffee down on???
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Lynn View Post
    Skirt length > (bra size ÷ 2) + 1 inch for every letter cup size( ie A,B,C,D,DD))) Does not apply to red skirt or dress.
    Hey! That's math. Now we need to know math too? Nobody told me I gotta do math when I signed up to be a crossdresser. That stuff is awfully hard for a blond with big boobs. Now I'm gonna have to switch to a brunette wig and take my inserts out to do that. I better put on my fake glasses too 'cause that'll make me even smarter.

Wait a minute, I just looked at my special edition handbook for blonds with big boobs and all it says under boobs is, "YES."
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

When I got back into this almost a decade ago I went out and bought "Crossdress for Success" and "the Lazy Crossdresser" both good resource books....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

the best way to go is use a mirror. If it looks good then you are ok. In most cases though with boobs the smaller the better, most get forms that are too big and it looks out of place. I have 4 sizes and usually go with the smaller ones.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Lynn View Post
    Wow, I gotta get that book!

Bra is 40C or > 23" and I like 24-25"
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyCDTV View Post
    Hey! That's math. Now we need to know math too? Nobody told me I gotta do math when I signed up to be a crossdresser. That stuff is awfully hard for a blond with big boobs. Now I'm gonna have to switch to a brunette wig and take my inserts out to do that. I better put on my fake glasses too 'cause that'll make me even smarter.

Wait a minute, I just looked at my special edition handbook for blonds with big boobs and all it says under boobs is, "YES."
    That's why we have the latest edition of the book... it has the detail for the silly math people, but the diagrams in the appendix work well, and the section "Just for Blondes" is so so user friendly. I am finding the beta version of the web-based version interesting, especially with You Tube hyperlinks and ... well just 'links' in general... of course then you don't read the book you just go from link to link and wonder where your evening went...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Platinum Member
    Hi WAH, RE: The Crossdressers Handbook ,On page one paragraph 1.
    It states the only rule is that there are NO RULES!!!

Have you stopped to look at the GGs' in this world they come in all shapes and sizes.
    Other than twins I don't think that any two are alike.

I sure hope this post helps you out.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 12-12-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Could someone at least tell me [approximately] how much THE dang book weighs? Or does it come in an entire set the way Encyclopedias used to?

At the very LEAST... the thickest or biggest chapter concerns exactly WHAT?

Perhaps...it deals with how failing to disclose SOME things is Lying?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    That's why we have the latest edition of the book... it has the detail for the silly math people, but the diagrams in the appendix work well, and the section "Just for Blondes" is so so user friendly. I am finding the beta version of the web-based version interesting, especially with You Tube hyperlinks and ... well just 'links' in general... of course then you don't read the book you just go from link to link and wonder where your evening went...
    Those are some big word you are using. Is is available in comic book form?
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

Comic Book form... Now that is line extension, potentially new market entry... need to get artists involved... THINKS..do we have the talent here?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    Could someone at least tell me [approximately] how much THE dang book weighs? Or does it come in an entire set the way Encyclopedias used to?

At the very LEAST... the thickest or biggest chapter concerns exactly WHAT?

Perhaps...it deals with how failing to disclose SOME things is Lying?
    I think you may be thinking of the Crossdresser's Guide which is downloadable as a pdf file. I once had a copy, but the hard drive it was on got fried in a lightning strike.

** Just Googled it. It is the Crossdressing Guide pdf.
    Last edited by christinac; 12-12-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Added in a note

I think that when your boobs, fake or not, hang below the hem of your skirt, the boobs are too big, or is that too long? Can boobs be too long? A skirt can never be short enough and that is clearly written in "The" Book that a lot of fashion police seem to swear by, right after that section about not dressing age appropriately.