Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those of you with SOs...

Banned Read only

For those of you with SOs...

A simple question. Maybe.

If you did NOT have a SO [and/or kids] living with you, do you think you would spend a lot more time en femme at home or out in the RW?

More time out in the real world

Probably not. The pattern of my dressing might change but I don't think that I would dress any more. Mimi likes to go out, so I probably go out more that I would if I were alone.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I believe I would be out in the real world more. But it is a small town so most of my dressing would still be at home.

My husband (Wrenchette) said no. He gets to dress whenever and wherever he wants.
    Define "normal"

Silver Member
    My wife is very supportive. I dress every day already.

I dress just about all the time at home when I'm not out or expecting company. If I wasn't married, I would go out dressed, but away from my neighborhood.

That said, I love my wife and would not trade her for the opportunity to go out dressed. I wouldn't trade her for anything.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I'd probably dress less without the support of my SO

Probably less if anything because I'd probably be doing the guy things I enjoy like restoring cars, etc. I'm out anyway so not a biggie to me.

Yes, I would spend more time dressed if I was living alone.

Absolutly I would. I dress 3/4 of the nights I'm away from home already, and would dress at home if I could. I love to go out dressed and would do so more, but as Linda said, I love my wife and kids and wouldn't trade them to dress more (even though I may think about it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

No, I would probably still be deeply ashamed of it, it was only with the support of my SO that I realised I have nothing to be guilty about and started to better understand this side of myself.
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Aspiring Member
    I am very fortunate to have a very supportive SO, so I can dress anytime I like. It does not bother her the least to see Renee early on the weekends, late in the evening or getting out of bed. I guess it's this way because she also gets to see her husband early on the weekends, going to work, coming home from work and late in the evening. I don't dress full time at home, maybe 50%, so it's always a surprise when I come in the room. My wife will even kid me on weekends because I might change back and forth a half dozen times or more in one day. This past Sunday it went like this....

Woke up, Renee put on a Shirtdress, short wig and made coffee and breakfast, then watched a little TV.
    Around 10, I was in guy mode to go work on some yard stuff.
    A little before 1, I was back inside, quick shower, and wearing a skirt and draped neck blouse, short hair again. Did some cleaning, got ready for the race.
    4:30 rolls around, so I change into some sweats so I can cook dinner, feed the dogs, clean the kitchen.
    7 o'clock and Renee is back, this time wearing a mid length, black sleeveless, pearls (well, fake ones), long hair and heels. We watch TV until 10.
    Time to change again, but this time it's into a night gown.

As I said, there will be some days when Renee doesn't come out to play. May get home today and just not feel like it after I cook and clean.

I would dress more. I love my wife but she is only moderately supportive and we live with DADT. If I lived alone EllenJo would be around a lot more.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

RW for sure. I spend most of my time at home en femme now so that would not change.
    I would probably spend all of my time dressed except for the time I spend at work (uniform required). That would all change in about 3 years when I retire and I would surely then go full time....and see where that leads.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    The question would seem to assume a disapproving SO. Since mine is quite accepting, I spend most of my time at home and a good deal of time in the RW en femme.

Without ties I would eventually go 24/7.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member
    My wife is totally accepting, so I wouldn't see a change in total dressing. I could see that I might get out more because I would have more need to socialize. Lucky that I don't have to find out if this will be true.

Yea ,,,, But thank god I'm not alone ,,, Cuz I know for a fact I would be dressing like a Hooker an would look Stupid ! My SO is the one that says ,,,, Your NOT wearing that ? Yea ,,, NO your NOT !! You look like A HOOKER !! SEE ,, I TOLD YA !!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Would DEFINITELY dress a LOT more at home (probably every waking moment when not at work, whereas now I get only a few hours a week) - and would likely be more brave to go out. I have no interesting in TRADING my family for this freedom of course and will continue to accept the DADT situation and enjoy my freedom when I travel (although that's pretty few/far between)... VS Fan

I probably would have transitioned long ago.

I would be dressing less. It's early days, but i told my SO before she was my SO, we were still...."in discusion"

She is very OK with it. If I decide to be out of the closet, she's OK with that too. She has said that if anyone questions my orientation in her hearing she'll set them straight. She is NOT, encouraging me to dress, it's MY decision. I think she actually wants me to do so, as it fits with her feminist attitudes, but there is no way in the world, that she is going to push me that way. I have spent the evening at her place in a skirt, no difference in her attitude to me in any way.
    Last edited by UNDERDRESSER; 09-18-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    I would be out in the RW much more.
    But its ever so much fun to share this with my wife, even if she wont let me loose.
    I'm working on her tho.
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

It is a good question... my immediate answer would be yes, and I would then dress female all the time around the house. No idea where that would lead...? My wife and I have discussed living separately (but still seeing each other! - just having different pads to live in - we never did that, as we met in a house-share) - and so I have thought about this! Right now I look forward to and take opportunities to dress. If the opportunity was there everyday and every moment at home I am not sure how it would play out... Initially it would be brilliant, longer term? Dunno!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Yes, definitely. Still only twice per week, though, instead of once per week....the social aspect of my femme life is most important. I love to go out and interact as my girl self....not as much fun to be me all by myself....each of us has different needs. Mine are simple: dress up and have fun going out....