Thread: Hiding Shoulders

Hiding Shoulders

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can give any tips on "Hiding my shoulders"----aka making them appear less broad. I'm fairly small (5'3'') however I still have fairly broad shoulders. Any tips would be appreciated =]

-MTF btw

Sweaters ,,Shawls ,,, Wraps ,, Jackets,,, Shrugs,,, AN on an on ,,,, Lotts of way,,,GGs do it too,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Hi Allison,

Last week I was reading an article about disguising broad shoulders, they recommended straps; not spaghetti straps, but wider straps, maybe an inch plus in width. Another idea is understanding that women tend to have wider hips. Many have wider hips than shoulders, so hip padding can accentuate your hips and take away attention from your shoulders. One last idea is to trim the waist. Maybe a waist nipper to give those pretty curves we aspire to have.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

You can experiment with different upper torso poses to minimize them in photographs. The trade-off is that you end up showing off your biceps or farmer's tan if you are baring your upper arms. Darker colors also seem to trim mine a bit visually.

Nothing with horizontal patterns,maybe a "busy" pattern to confuse the eye,longer hair to expand the head and lessen the shoulder area.Padding the hips some helps also.It's the roundness at the ends and those darn" trapz" that haunt me.

Lisa
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

A decent blouse or cardigan can do it, also having your hair come down over you shoulders helps
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    I quite trying to hide my shoulders and just go with it

Eyes tend to follow a triangle up or down instead of left/right, so if you wear a lower cut v-neck type of top, peoples attention is diverted from your shoulders.
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

When out and about a simple trick is to wear your handbag (purse in the US?) at waist or hip level, thus making them appear wider and therefore more proportional.

There are a lot of GG with shoulders like cyndi. Try to find pictures of female gymnasts to see what they wear on the street. They will be about your height and have REALLY muscular shoulders and arms, and hardly any hips.

Miki

Simple Hon. You just wear looser clothes. It's all based on art and illusion according to how much finesse we develop.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Dark colors de-emphasize, light colors draw attention. So a black cardigan over a pale dress.

I met a pre-op TS once who was really looking forward to SRS. Not my place to be a wet blanket, but I thought that surgery in a place no one will see would be ineffective for a 6'4" person built like John Wayne. We do what we can with what we have.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Thanks for all the tips I've got wide shoulders and have been wondering about that myself

Kelly

A loose fitting blouse with at least sleeves to the elbow help.
    Along with the other great tips given here.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Oh my gosh so many things that I didnt know or think about Ty so much everyone