Thread: There is hope....

Wink There is hope....

This past weekend at a local restaurant I saw a young teenage boy dressed in the same skirt and top as all the rest of the girls in his cheerleading group. No one seemed to give a care in the world, as he obviously looked like a young teenage kid in a girls' cheerleading oufit and there was no attempt made to hide it. When he left the restaurant, a few people did some double takes, but no one seemed to be bothered by what they were seeing, and the young girls with him didn't care at all. Oh happy day!

Progress is being made; it is painfully slow, but progress IS being made.....when we can have female quarterbacks AND male cheerleaders in the same oufits as the girls in high school.....

If only you could see me sarahcsc's Avatar
    That is great news! However, its easier (for me) to dress in front of strangers compared to people I know, especially close friends and family. Its normally loved ones that couldn't deal with the dressing, not the general public.

ooh! I love your avatar btw. Is that you? You look HOOT!

Yes, that avatar is me....

Today's younger generation is way ahead of the curve when it comes to acceptance. Hopefully in the future the closet will only contain clothes and not the person wearing them.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

A wonderful story! My son talks casually of all the gender variations around him; he's all man but has no problem with those who aren't. The world IS changing, finally finally.

And you do look awesome, Melissa! You too, Sarah!

elizabethamy

It is good that clothes can just be clothes

Oh yes there is hope. Last year at the Keystone Confrence in Harrisburg pa, there were a couple of mom's supporting thier son's choice to transition, families and even a group of college friends supporting one of thier friends. There was even a mom, and her i think 6 yr old son supporting him as a girl. The tide is changing, but it still is a slow proceess. Tg/ts girls are where the gays were about 20 yrs ago in regards to exceptence and tolerence. I do have great hope for the younger generations. I told my wife, when she asked if I was going to transition, If i was 20 in 2012 yes i would be transitioning.

I have even seen more frequent ads on TV for LGBT depression problems.
    I think the pace of change is quickening.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    That's amazing! There is reason for hope. Oh to be young enough to participate.

Aspiring Member
    While on hall duty between classes at the high school where I teach, two young men walked by me both with short haircuts, pierced ears (not unusual) with medium sized diamond studs, a female cut top, tight knee length cuffed jeans shorts, red espadrillas and both were carrying a purse; one large multi compartment and one an over the shoulder bag. No make up nor bra was visible but both had shaved their legs. I did not see a single other student give a second look or make any comments. Yes, the younger generation is more accepting and yes I think there is hope. I applaud their bravery and their public expression of who they are.