Thread: Doctor's office and black panties

Doctor's office and black panties

I had to have bone marrow removed to try to explain my low white blood and platelet count. Realizing that a needle would be inserted in my lower pelvic region and that this would clearly require some skin exposure, I wondered if I should wear my sole pair of men's underwear-satin like poly boxers. No, why should I care so I wore my everyday wear Vanity Fair black nylon briefs.
    I was instructed to lie on my side, had my blue jean shorts unsnapped, down went my shorts and panties. I couldn't see Amy's (the Nurse Practioner-think that was her title)face for any reaction. Naturally nothing was remarked, just chit chat while she dug into my bone marrow (with numbing medications and a shot of lydocaine (?) didn't feel much).
    At 65 I don't feel I have to be ashamed to wear comfortable nylon briefs. I would have likely been more self conscious with a male nurse, but I am sure they have seen it all before and just want to do their jobs as professionally as possible.
    Have others had MD office experiences and observations to share?

Love your courage. Hope the marrow test turns out well. I had one of those a few months ago.

Bone marrow biopsies HURT! Glad they took good care to prevent that for you. And they don't care what underwear you have on
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Hi Harley,
    Good luck to you with your bone marrow tests. I applaud your decision to wear what you want and not feel that you need to answer to others. I am getting there myself and I am starting to wear nylon panties more and more. I just love the feel of them. In fact, my wife found a pair hanging on the line which I had not brought in yet, and she told me that she folded them up and put them in my dresser. I told her that I got them in a pack of 3's at a very low price. She actually said that if I were to go back to the store, she wouldn't mind if I bought some for her! Anyways, I digress..... Good luck to you, Harley.
    Di

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    they don't care what underwear you have on
    For the most part that is true. One time I was rushed to the hospital after an accident. When the doctor pulled my pants down he started to laugh and made some snide remarks to the nurse regarding my panties. I asked him to finish the job and keep his rude thoughts to himself.

another time I had twisted my foot real bad and went to emergency. The nurse commented on my shade of polish on my toes. Couldn't tell if it a complement or insult, I just said thank you. Life is so fun in my shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna612 View Post
    For the most part that is true. One time I was rushed to the hospital after an accident. When the doctor pulled my pants down he started to laugh and made some snide remarks to the nurse regarding my panties. I asked him to finish the job and keep his rude thoughts to himself.

another time I had twisted my foot real bad and went to emergency. The nurse commented on my shade of polish on my toes. Couldn't tell if it a complement or insult, I just said thank you. Life is so fun in my shoes!
    Both of which are breach of ethics and punishable by state board and/or hospital administration. I am going to guess the doctor was new and stupid. I would not have asked him to continue I would have asked him to remove himself and bring in someone who was ethical and more experienced.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    I would not purposely have a doctor or nurse see my panties or nylons while living as a male.

If you surprise a DR or a nurse there is no telling what reaction you will get. some doctors do not ever see a crossdresser in there office because most will not wear those clothes when coming to get an examination or a procedure done.

Harley I admire your courage. I am 59 and finally getting to the point where I don't care anymore either. For what Dr.'s charge for services we should make them treat us wearing pink petticoats.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

My dermatologist noted that I shaved my chest, legs and arms when giving me a check over but apart from that said nothing else. I really do not care what they think to be honest!
    Natasha

Lately I have been having leg pain. In the course of treatment I have been to my Doctor and to the Hospital for further tests. In both cases I wear what I always wear i.e. plain white panties. Both Dr's saw them, neither commented.

A couple years ago I went into the VA hospital wearing panties, for a colonoscopy. I never heard any disparaging comments from the staff at that time. I also wear panties when I go for my annual checkup and again nothing from my nurse practitioner or the doctors. Maybe next time I'll wear a gorilla suit and see if they say anything.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by RainyNightGirl View Post
    My dermatologist noted that I shaved my chest, legs and arms when giving me a check over but apart from that said nothing else. I really do not care what they think to be honest!
    Natasha
    To be fair, with a dermatologist that should be expected. Similarly, if anyone has issues with circulation (i.e. peripheral vascular disease), your physician better be asking about if you shave since hair loss can be a sign.

think you have a very loving wife-whether she approved of the nylon briefs, her remarks show caring acceptance. lucky gurl

Harley,
    They are after the marrow, not your underwear.
    I hope it goes well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yeah I'm in agreement with Lori on that one. In the Past, Being a Male Nurse working on The Floors (Many Moons Ago) they used to have me hold the Patient in that Fetal Position while Doctor aspirated The Marrow Specimen. I am certain all those people felt a lot! I've seen people who were comatose for many years in a Nursing Home, open their eyes big and wide at that moment in time. Described to me by those who could respond, as The Pain being "Exquisite!"

But you had good results! The Procedure has either gotten a lot easier, or you have very high tolerance. Sorry, don't mean to frighten people. If it's necessary, The Procedure can't be avoided.

Anyway, when I have assisted it was almost always with someone in a Gown, sans underwear. But, it's a difficult procedure and everyone's only concern is to do it as quickly and correctly as they can. Color and style of underwear would be concern #333....way down there on priorities!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have never worn black panties while having doctors or nurses working on me, but I have had both blue, pink, and green panties on! I have been told they were pretty, but nothing else. As others have said, most medical people have seen it all! Although I am definetly a male, I do wear panties almost all the time!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Drs. and nurses are people after all. And NO, they haven't 'seen it all'.

3 1/2 yrs ago I had major surgery and when I woke up in the recovery room I must of said some things pertinent to my TS/CDing condition.

Although every one took exceptionally good care of me there were still some comments made to me about TSism and CDing. Some bordered on the sarcastic. I was glad to leave after a few days because I knew that they knew about that area of my life. I felt very uncomfortable in their presence.

I go to the doctor totally in fem! If I ever hear anything said about the way I'm dressed; you better beleave I will take Lorileah's advice!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Last fall I went for a annual check up and the doctor gave me paper work to go for a blood test. The next morning I was going for the test and was already underdressed with panties and pantyhose, and I turned to my wife and said, i better take off the fem cloths. She said not to worry they only need my arm. At the last minute I changed my mind and changed, and when I was there they told me I had also to do a heart test as well and she started sticking these stickers with wire's on them on my chest and I was OK with it and then she lifted my pants and put a sticker just above my ankle, and my only thought was, holy S#*t if I didn't get changed she would have seen that I was wearing pantyhose. That was a close one.

I kind of had a similar experience years back when I was asked to undress for a doctors appointment and I tried to leave on my socks (had painted toenails). Doctor said to take the socks off since he needed to do a full check-up (over 30). Once I took them off I expected a remark but he didnt say anything just went on with it. Im sure most doctors have seen enough in there life to not be surprised over things like that.

I hope it all goes well with the test. Is this the same as a "Spinal Tap"? Congrats! on your courage for both the medical procedure and on your decision to wear what you feel comfortable wearing. While some may have a raised eye brow upon first sight, I think such reactions says so much more about the other person than you. What your panties says about you is that you like draping your privates with pretty, silky, and soft clothing. And what is wrong with that!

Cassie

Platinum Member
    Hi Harley , The DRs' and nurseses don't give a fat rats @$$ what you have on.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Harley good luck with the test. I hope I never have to have that test done, too painful, and I am not into pain. But as to wearing panties, I have worn panties 24/7 for about 30 years now, been to many Dr and only ever had but a few comments, and none were negative. So don't be worried about it and just be comfortable

It's similar to shaving...
    I went in for a procedure where they inserted something into the vein in the upper thigh. As the nurse went to prep me she said, "Oh, you're shaved already...good!" and just kept going.
    Professionalism still exists....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hi TxCassie, maybe it is the same process. it didn't hurt so much. Nurse Practitioner Amy was very skilled and caring. I see the Oncologist tomorrow. As odd as it may sound, I really don't care if the diagnosis is bad. I have been transgendered for over 60 year and it has weighed heavily. I have some other health concerns and I am just weary of life. regards, harley