Thread: I do not get into the whole female personna

Banned Read only

Question I do not get into the whole female personna

basically I am not in character.

what do you do to get into character? you know mannerism,walk,sitting,talk,dancing and standing

I don't think most people DO try to portray a character. Instead I think while dressed people may choose to present a different version of themselves, and let previously bottled up tendencies run free for a while. On the other hand, I'm sure that there are a few who do take the whole 'split personality' approach, but it's the exception to the rule.

I'm playing a role when I'm in drab.
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

No matter how much you like the female form, or movements, or fashion....it's like this:

Women can cross their legs with comfort and ease because their wider pelvises make leg crossing easier. that's an anatomic fact.
    Women can also rotate their femurs in any direction . This helps getting that little baby's head out of the cervix during giving birth.

Female hormones (estrogen) make the skin more smoother, thinner, and far more pliable & flexible than male hormones (testosterone). The behaviors of these two hormones will influence your behavior, your brain, and your skin and musclular structure.

Men = TESTOSTERONE
    Women = Estrogen

....them body chemicals.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 09-19-2012 at 05:07 AM. Reason: merged

Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Women can cross their legs with comfort and ease because their wider pelvises make leg crossing easier. that's an anatomic fact.
    Hmmm ... I think you might have overlooked another difficulty men tend to encounter when trying to cross their legs.
    If only our families and friends could be as supportive as our bras!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I agree with Violet. For me it's not "getting into character" it's more that when I am dressed I feel different .. and I think differently about myself and my surroundings, and so of course, it seems totally appropriate to just relax and let myself "go with the flow" which translates into standing, sitting, talking and moving in a way that is more appropriate for the gender I am trying to present as.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenA View Post
    Hmmm ... I think you might have overlooked another difficulty men tend to encounter when trying to cross their legs.
    What's that? a scrotum? male appendages?

I disagree.
    A skeleton is a skeleton. Male skeletons don't resemble female skeletons.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 09-18-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Dressing and going out motivates me. Unfortunately, I'm kinda clueless as to how to present as female. And, when I DO I try, it doesn't look very pretty!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I just live my life to be me! I do know I'm a better person in fem mode; I don't try to do anything! It's just the way it is!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    I just live my life to be me! I do know I'm a better person in fem mode; I don't try to do anything! It's just the way it is!
    ....and that, my dear friends, is the truth. Go, and be you. Don't let anyone define who you are. You define yourself.

...pretty simple, eh?

Doesn't matter what clothes I wear..... I don't dance.... or walk differently..... or act much differently..... I really try not to spit enfemme..... but sometines I forget how I'm dressed!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by luscious View Post

what do you do to get into character? you know mannerism,walk,sitting,talk,dancing and standing
    I've been going out for 25 years. At first I walked like a guy and had a terrible voice, etc, etc.

Gradually I learned how to blend in (that's the best protection from being ID'd and gawked at in public). I remember when I was afraid to speak, but now its very natural. It took me a long time to get over being self-conscious about speaking in a femme manner. Now it's instant -- when in femme mode, everything switches over naturally. I've taken dance lessons en femme and gone dancing many times in straight venues. I've been on jury duty, and was selected as foreman (or woman!) Everything eventually comes together, given motivation, practice and immersion.

I spend most of my time in male mode.

I remember having dinner with a TS acquaintance who was about to transition, and thinking "OMG, her voice is awful." I saw her a year later, and her voice was great (not high pitched, but absolutely undetectable), but she did a lot of outside activities, joined women's groups, etc, and immersed herself.

I don't have many feminine facial features, so I felt I had to compensate by behaving as femininely as possible, one thing I had control over.

It's not an act, it doesn't change who I am, it's just a different presentation layer or shell (as we say in the software biz). It really all can come together, if that's what you want. To those who just want to look fabulous, more power to you!

-- Diane

I call my change over as an art of deception.
    These days I really don't feel anything when changing over.
    I do it so often and I sometimes forget what I am.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I wear a suit all day so I just like to put on something comfortable and relax. I'm not me when dressed and don't have all my problems.

Hi,

Female persona.

is that looking at it from a male or female perspective, because i see some very maked differences ,

If i was to say i see it from a male perspective then i would be lieing because i cant, im not a male to start with. so i can only see with a female /womans eye's,

If this has to do with my femininity then i lack that though maybe my women friends would disagree, iv never asked my male friends as i dont what to put them in a embarrssing situasion. & i would be embarrissed by asking.

They just accept who i am. & treat me as a woman. (( normal.)).

When i steped away from being closed down as a person not wether i was male or female because that has allways been insepratable , i was able to express my trueself not what i thought it was, what i was, & allways have been,

No i dont act a part or put on a personner & nore would i know how, i thought you could as in acting a part. for myself it did not work because i am who i am as a person first & second a female / woman with a difference, & as we say what you see ...IS... what you get, & my personality thats part of that,

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by luscious View Post

I wake up. That puts me "in character" because I am not acting.
    This is not something I put on or that appears because I slip into my panties and hook my bra. It's who I am and who I've always been.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

For me it's not an act its basically my feminine side taking over. Still me 100% of the way. All I did was give that side of me a name.
    Finally got to making a facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003854850084

And now on instagram (got sucked into the hype). I go by frenchtoastowls. Yea you read that right!

If you're gonna add me just give me a heads up on who you are
    please

Dancing helped me to make the movements, mannerisms and body language more or less automatic.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Is this true? As I see men crossing their legs. Or are they just the men with wider pelvises?

I do not "get into character". When I dress I find that I just automatically feel differently. I have this amazing calm wash over me. Yes I walk a little different, talk softer and am very difficult to anger. I am still all me, just the kinder gentler version. By underdressing daily I am able to retain a certain amount of EllenJo all of the time. When in drab, I fire up the chainsaw and trim trees. As EllenJo, I clean drawers, do laundry and re arrange the pictures in the living room. In drab I BBQ ribs on the grill, as EllenJo I try out a new casserole receipe and bake a cake to go with dinner. I don't think about these changes, they just happen. They are all me. It's not that I couldn't do all of these things as one or the other, its just when I am dressed they become the things that I automatically want to do.

I do not adopt a different character, I just seem to naturally gravitate to different things and I love both sides of me.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Platinum Member
    I'm not playing a character - I'm myself. As Violet suggests above, I may present a somewhat different version of self, letting some of the repressed elements out, but I'm basically the same person.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Ain't no character here, I am the real deal,the younger, prettier, happier, less grumpy, smiling, actually enjoying life, high maintence version of my male side!! This might seem like an act but it isn't. It's just the result of a lifetime of being stuffed in the closet!!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Quivers View Post
    Ain't no character here, I am the real deal,the younger, prettier, happier, less grumpy, smiling, actually enjoying life, high maintence version of my male side!! This might seem like an act but it isn't. It's just the result of a lifetime of being stuffed in the closet!!
    Amen Sister!! I`ll second that comment!