Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you could be 20 years old again

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    I would have been the woman that invented the internet and would be the CEO of Google and Marks Z's girlfriend LOL ;-)

If I could be 20 again my Arlene persona would have emerged earlier, meaning that I would have likely come out to my wife
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Would I do anything different??? Holy smokes I would would do everything different!
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Taken better care of myself would be first and foremost. Stayed in school. And not gotten married so early, so I could have had some me time to explore my cross dressing and not put off till my later years.

Banned Read only
    Nikki, you cannot go through your life avoiding pitfalls and bad experiences based on the lives of others. Nobody can guarantee you a blissful life. There are many decisions I would have made differently that have nothing to do with cross dressing. But, that's life. The only suggestion I have for anyone is to keep your body healthy. Don't do anything to excess that it becomes a overbearing over consuming compulsion, and, for at least me, that includes cross dressing.

Well if I were to be 20 again and dating the same girl I was then and eventually marrying her I would be upfront with her as to the person I really am and then let the chips fall where they may. We were and still are best friends and if i could do this over I would. Maybe she would have flat out dumped me and I wouldn't be living the life I am but I still it would be better then not having her support and understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by nikki626 View Post
    If you could be 20 years old again with everything you know now, what would you do? Anything different? Just wanted to ask this question so I can do stuff now without having any regrets in the future.
    I'm kind of like Suzy1, especially the dressing and fem side of things. I definitely would get on hormones for better results (the younger the better build you get) in offsetting the testostrone effects. And would have had few more girly years. Fem side didn't really kick in untill mid 20's, so lost 5 good years

If I were 20 again - hmm, - hard to say, I was a rather naive and definitely more naive than I thought I was at the time. I know that one thing I would almost certainly be doing differently would be to more fully (and hopefully carefully!) explore my sexual identity and sexuality. Even with today's challenges facing the LGBT community, it was sufficiently dangerous back then that I think now I was deliberately avoiding recognition of who I really am in its fullest implications. The one thing I wouldn't change would be my preference for sexual monogamy (even if it's serial monogamy!) though today that series of relationships would today go beyond m/f -

I would probably also look for a different career or work path that was more accommodating to my explorations than my actual government career, especially in allowing me to explore the feminine world much more fully.
    [SIZE="3"]Ellen James[/SIZE]

"Can man be free if woman be a slave" - Islam by Shelley

Banned Read only
    If I were 20 again and knew what I know today and could be the same person I am today, this world wouldn't stand a chance. I would own it!

I would've applied myself in college, and not party so much! Also, gone down that rock n roll path that I was beginning to go on and not been afraid to pursue it.

At 20 I was taking a year out and travelling around Europe, meeting up with and spending time travelling with new people. If I could do that year again I would have done it as a girl. I already had shoulder length hair and only had to shave once or twice a week, so I think I could have pulled it off with a slightly different wardrobe.

Risky some might say, as a young guy I was probably more at risk than any girls travelling at that time. Whenever I was hitching to save money, all too often any girls at the same junction or service area always got a lift well before me.

A lot happened in that year or so, but I eventually returned home to restart my professional studies and I don't think that would have been any different whether I had travelled as a boy or a girl. I hope not, because I would not want to change anything since then.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    If I could go back to when I was 20, I would make an awful lot of changes. There are several companies I would never have got involved in, debts that I would never have run up, career decisions that I wouldn't have taken and the two most important things. I would be much more proactive in my relationship with my ex and changed the things that led to our breakup, which with hindsight were always obvious and it would be great to know, what I now know about myself as a person. I could save years of agonising over my cross dressing and my insecurity over it. That would be a blessing and save so much stress. At that age I could have bought a some fantastic clothes and gone out en femme everyday and totally passed. I could have had an unbelievable time, but I wasted so much time thinking that what I was doing, rarely and in private, was disgusting and thinking that there was something wrong with me.

Oh and knowing what I know now, I would have bought as many Apple shares as I could afford. :P

Oh, yeah, baby! First I'd finish college, second, I'd save every cent I could to transition. Third, I'd get my pilot's license earlier, then start the partying!

Ok. As long as I don't have to live with my parents..........

Quote Originally Posted by KarenCDFL View Post
    I would have transitioned.
    I agree with Karen, it would be great to be a girl in her twenties. wow, would it be fun, Lucky Jorja did get that in her life. hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Silver Member
    I don't know. Not be a CDer? Oh, can't change. I think I might work in a profession where I could dress as I chose.

I would go for a complete change...male to female...no questions asked!
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

I don't want to go down that road. Realistically, I don't know that I would have ever married my ex knowing what I know now. I am not sure I could endure that long enough to have the two children that came from that relationship.

I suppose that, translated, means that you simply don't know what events are going to be significant until after they have already happened.

If I knew the heartbreak of feeling guilty, from wanting to be a girl, could be simply be erased if I had a chance to go back and not try on that first pair of panties...I don't know that I would make a different decision. Then again I am not sure I wouldn't.

I think that type of thinking puts a priority on knowledge over experience. At what point does experience create knowledge and vice-versa?

I am not sure I would ever want to trade away what it feels like to discover the unknown.

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Makeup addict!
    Well, that was only a few months ago for me, so probably nothing

Hi,

To be 20 again,

No thanks no way, Id not be who i am now though in saying that , I did not change from being who i am or was, changes took place that have allowed me to be able to express who i allways have been , just at that age i was not seen as i am now,

I have grown to become a woman in the way that would have been imposible then, .

Even being intersex it would not have worked, im happy now , i can look back just knowing that my background then was right for then . so really this is my time now or has been for over 18 years, the best part of my life .

...noeleena...

Hey MFlakey-- You just described my LIFE!!!!!!! and my regrets!

I would not have married my first wife and gone out and immediately found my second.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I would have transitioned sooner

Well at age 20 I had just met my future wife, but if I hadn't met her I would likely have started my journey then to love as a full time woman.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Times have changed; getting a college degree, then a doctorate, costs as much as a house.....a really, really nice house. I don't know what I'd do in today's climate; probably go to school and join the military to pay off the M.D. with the service if they still do that. My big mistake was trying to get through school without borrowing anything, I kept having to stop to earn money in between, and working while taking classes destroyed my grades, I discovered that I can't remember shit when I study when I'm exhausted. I'd also just forget about trying to get married and have a normal life...and just get on with renting women by the hour as needed, instead of spending a fortune wining and dining someone, then spending a ton on a house,etc, only to have it all fall apart. After all, if you were going skydiving and they told you there was a 58% chance the damn thing wouldn't open, would you still jump out of the plane??? Hell no. In the past few decades, I've seen lots of doctors go through many women, and even as those guys got older, the chicks they dated, didn't. The rewards of having a family seem to be way out of perspective. Not to mention, guys value keeps getting higher after he gets married, as his income and position in society keeps increasing; but she will never be more beautiful, or more sexually exciting, than the day she gets married. After that, it's all downhill.
    I'd buy a motorcycle sooner; too my great surprise, it became a great device to pick up girls, practically every one at work wanted to go for a ride. My social life changed virtually overnight. Same with taking dance lessons; did wonders; women at work would spot me on the dance floor at the annual christmas party, and then I'd be getting invites to go with them places, which I could parlay into dates at other places. Stuff I learned too late.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.