Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you could be 20 years old again

If you could be 20 years old again

If you could be 20 years old again with everything you know now, what would you do? Anything different? Just wanted to ask this question so I can do stuff now without having any regrets in the future.

That would be a dream come true.

I would do it all over again only more so! Especially the naughty stuff!

...and know what I know now?...I would become a woman, seek out a man, get married, be a mother and a secretary like my mother! I was too scared back then. I wish; oh how I wish...

Probably not change a lot, been pretty content with my life and how it turned out. I do know I would have spent more time en femme back in my youth when I could get intoall those pretty clothes.

Banned Read only
    Well I'm not so sure about most of it, but just two things, I would have never gotten married, and with knowing what I know now, I would have invested 2 or 3 thousand dollars in microsoft and I'd be a multi millionaire right now, and I would have peace of mind.

I wouldn't change a thing because then I wouldn't be the person I am today.

I could have been a contender...... if only I had workerd harder on my slap shot than on my makeup....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I would change the direction I took in college, finished my education and had a much better career.
    I would search out support groups and be more active much earlier. Where that may have led ... who knows.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

In the climate of the day probably a little more education, probably transitioned, except that I am not male orientated.
    That may have been different with therapy and more hormones.
    I was on the way to being a very successful woman before I gave up the hormones.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member

If I could be 20 again

Well if that could be done, I would just wish I could follow in the steps of Lynn Conway, the most beautiful transgender out there. Annnnnd, with all the brains in the world.....Such a thought!!!!:battingeyelashes

I would be a female all the way! Well as close as possible anyhows!!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Platinum Member
    Hi Nikki, That's an interisting thought actually I'm pretty happy with how my life turned out.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'd be more comfortable with dressing and I'd be 40 lbs lighter

I would do two things: keep my weight down( no sodas ) and have SRS done. Then I would be then what I want to be now. A full time female with all the working parts. I would also get married but not to a male.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...

I would transition, but then, that was then, this is now...and I have a wonderful partner, my wife, who is allowing me the freedom I need to express myself. So, my life has turned out great no matter what, and I believe that transition would have made things different, but not necessarily that much better....

Silver Member
    By the age of 20, I was pretty much set.

To make any real changes in my life I would have had to start much earlier.

S

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I have so many regrets ... but most all of them stem from one thing: not having patience with myself. That is to say ... being too hot to trot. Dropping out of college, because getting out in the real world and doing my own thing just could not wait another day. Settling for that crappy job in a career I never really wanted, just to pay the bills. Not taking the time to really come to terms with who I was ... hiding the TG aspect of my personality from my self, because I was too scared of it, and itching to move past it with haste and get on with "real life". Getting married way too young ... and not having come to terms with my TG stuff first, and as a consequence not being honest with my wife (or myself) up front.

If I'd have just had a little bit of damn patience with myself, I could have made better choices.

My advice: you're 20. Take your time, stay in school. Do some wild things, do some good things. Know yourself before you make commitments (jobs, relationships, etc, etc)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I would not have pursued a career in management in the manufacturing industry, had I known that over the years, most of the manufacturing plants in North America would be shut down and the associated jobs shipped overseas to the Far East. Too many mergers, downsizings, company closures, and job losses over the years, and continually picking myself up, dusting myself off, and starting all over again somewhere new than I care to remember.

I would also have turned my back on the Corporate world years ago, which to my mind, simply represents a modern form of slavery the way people are treated there nowadays.

I would also have embraced "Leslie" much earlier as I became more comfortable with my transgenderism - and who knows? - might even have come out to more people so that I could have lived more openly as "her" without the associated guilt and shame.

Of course, that assumes that the world would have been as accepting and as open back then as it is now...

It would be interesting to be 20 years old again. In my timeline I could buy IBM when it was a penny stock, then roll that over into Apple stock and in the mid 80's roll all of that into Microsoft; and along the way be in front of the Dakota apartment building that cold windy evening of December 8th, 1980 to take out that vermin who killed John Lennon while Lennon was still sipping his herbal tea while going over tapes at the recording studio. But, personally, aside from that I would say that life in general most often contains more grief and hardship than joy and prosperity. Or it's the fact that everyone fears getting older; being a senior in high school was always what we were working for but being a "senior" in real life is something to hold off as long as possible--because the next step, a big one, is the unknown. But to go through all of that again? No thanks. I am content to just keep on keeping on and someday move up to the next dimension.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    The most important thing would be to be more loving and accepting of myself for who I am. The second would be to properly maintain my weight and body mass through good diet and better exercise.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Gigs View Post
    The most important thing would be to be more loving and accepting of myself for who I am. The second would be to properly maintain my weight and body mass through good diet and better exercise.
    This is probably the only realistic answer. Work on knowing yourself first, and when you find some physical activity you like, ( try them all! ) don't forget flexibilty. I have a terrible time with stiffness, I'm working on it, but it's MUCH easier to keep up, than to regain...
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

If you're an old softie - such as I am - go to George Burns (+ "18 again") and watch this sentimental video.....
    P.S. Bring Kleenex!!!!

Ah, been there done that many times over in past lives as both a man and woman. I've grown as a person enough to where I prefer being older and more settled. Too many issues and raging hormones associated with being young.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I would have transitioned.