Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you could be 20 years old again

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by nikki626
    If you could be 20 years old again with everything you know now, what would you do? Anything different? Just wanted to ask this question so I can do stuff now without having any regrets in the future.
    [SIZE="2"]You mean in terms of crossdressing? I would definitely dress-up more, or sooner, if I had the resources – when I was 20 I had no money for skirts, you know…

Beyond that, if I was 20 again I would sit down with my grandparents and ask them a lot questions. There’s a great deal of missing information in my family, and it’s gone. I would also “do” something (secretly) with my female cousin – this missed opportunity haunts me to this day…
    [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE="2"]You mean in terms of crossdressing? I would definitely dress-up more, or sooner, if I had the resources – when I was 20 I had no money for skirts, you know…

Beyond that, if I was 20 again I would sit down with my grandparents and ask them a lot questions. There’s a great deal of missing information in my family, and it’s gone. I would also “do” something (secretly) with my female cousin – this missed opportunity haunts me to this day…
    [/SIZE]
    Great answer, Freddy. I have been avoiding this as most "what-if" questions, since it can't happen. But I do like the idea of visiting with my grandparents...unfortunately none were living when I was 20. No female cousins, but I certainly would have gone farther in my dressing if I could have known then what I know now. I was dating my first wife at the time and I was lean and had great skin. Oh to be young again.

Might as well go out and buy a Powerball ticket, since I could possibly win and I could possible be mauled simultaneously by both a Polar bear and a Grizzly. At least in this Universe, I cannot go back in time.

For big changes, personally, I would need to go back a bit further than 20, but I don't think I would do anything different in regards to crossdressing. Generally though, be myself and stand up for myself. Not try so hard to blend in or fade out.

Nope.. I wouldn't go back to 20 and have to do this all over again. I was re-born at 20 to begin with ( when I began my RLE). Looking back there may have been a few small changes that I might have made, but nothing worth reliving those years. At 30 I am quite content, and a good many of my dreams have come to fruition. I'd rather continue to move forward rather than backwards.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 09-20-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I would definately have done things differently. Although I love my 2 children, i may have tried a different parter. i missed an opportunity there (they say love is blind). If i knew then what I know now I would have persued a different path if she agreed to my dressing up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nikki626 View Post
    If you could be 20 years old again with everything you know now, what would you do? Anything different? Just wanted to ask this question so I can do stuff now without having any regrets in the future.
    I would have started cross dressing right away! I don't know why I wasted so much time trying to ignore my inner self.

Full transition, pay attention in school for some better opportunities

I think i would have started CDing sooner. I would have sought out a woman who is accepting, and spent the the last 20 years trading secrets... the good, the bad, and the ugly ones.
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    There's two things I would do differently. Study harder at school and embrace my crossdressing sooner and without guilt.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

not pursue such a specialized college degree (aerospace).....perhaps computers instead.

And accept the fact that I'm TG and that's OK instead of hiding behind ROTC, fundamentalist Christian groups, etc......
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

Quote Originally Posted by nikki626 View Post
    I'd wonder what it would be like to not know what I know until I was say, oh, 58. If pigs could fly................

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyndigurl45 View Post
    I would have been the woman that invented the internet and would be the CEO of Google and Marks Z's girlfriend LOL ;-)
    You want to be Alice Gore?

I don't know. I love my family and I can't see where I would want to alter anything that would have the impact of them not being in my life. I wasn't crossdressing then, so in one way I wish it had come on sooner so I could have experienced it in my youth (and taken better care of my skin). But any change could result in one less kid which is less grandkids. Sorry for getting all SciFi.

nicole
    Without hesitation, I would be true to myself and transition. But why stop at 20? Knowing then what I know now, I would have started HRT as soon as I could, preferably in my teens. To have been able to go through life as the person I was meant to be would have been amazing. To experience all the "firsts" a girl goes through, and the added benefit of starting hrt young enough to counteract any male puberty, and develop as a young woman. I recall at the age of 16 thinking if I start on hormones now, at 18 I could have my operation. However, I did not have the courage to confront these feelings, and be honest with myself.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    The long and short of it. I would do EVERYTHING different. If I knew then what I know now. The opportunities, the friends and others like myself that are out there. I would have lived my life totally different. The biggest issue and I dont think it matters what time or where is finding a s/o that is accepting. That would have been the first step. Over the last 25 years, a marriage and a serious relationship and both ended in nonacceptance. I know Im not alone so we move on and take it day by day.

Looking back on my life, things that happened (or didn't happen) before I was 20, and what I know now about gender, I would have told my parents "I am different", and rather than try to fit into a mold society dictated for me, I would charted a path to the real me....

... but then I probably wouldn't have met the wonderful person I've been with for 45 years...
    Last edited by Claire Cook; 09-21-2012 at 07:54 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I've had a great life, lived on my own terms, loved the work I did for 30 years, married twice, and would still have done the first one, because I have a couple of great kids from it. Found a second wife that loves me, all of me, dressed or not. No I wouldn't change anything big, maybe a coupe of small tweaks. regrets, sure, when you get to be in your late 60's I see things I did wrong, I wish I had been more out, but that just isn't me. I wish I had treated people better at times, and I wish I had spoken up at times that I kept my mouth shut, around homophobias, and the like, but over all, it's been a great ride, I've abused my body, risked it all a time or two, drank to much, and smoked to much, even after giving up cigarettes, and it will most likely take a few years off my total existence, but I still have no regrets, life has been a great adventure, and a wonderful learning experience, and I want as much of it as I can get! A lot of people made a lot more money than I did, and sent a wiser than I did I'm sure, but I doubt anyone has enjoyed the ride any better than I have, some chase money, I chased happiness, and I found the gold I was looking for.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I would have transitioned if I was 20 again.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    There are so few sure things in life and each decision has multiple unexpected outcomes, so it's difficult to figure out what I would do differently. A few come to mind, including one that's been mentioned before; I'd spend a bit more time and effort on my health. Getting in the habit of being fit would make it easier to stay fit, flexible and at a reasonable weight now. I would save more toward retirement and just save more for emergencies. Having a financial cushion would have made a few of my 'crises' a lot less dramatic. Without knowing what the social and political environment was around me, I'd still like to have come to accept my crossdressing as out of the mainstream, but normal, a lot sooner, and I would have shared it with those I love much earlier.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Questions of this type seem seductively simple, but they really are damnably complicated. By the time I was twenty I had already, and in this order, earned high school varsity letters in baseball, basketball, and football, fathered a child with my 17 y.o. girlfriend, graduated from high school, been married, been divorced, joined the Marine Corps, gone through Parris Island, seen combat in Vietnam, and was getting ready to enroll in college. If I had suddenly been told then what I know now about my sexual and gender orientation, I probably would've gone into absolute denial. Assuming that the rough equivalent of Marley's Ghost had been able to convince me, and assuming I would have been able to handle it without a total nervous breakdown, I think I might have chosen a college in New York City instead of the school I did attend, and would've studied visual and literary arts courses instead of general liberal arts.

In that scenario I hope that I would have been smart enough to invest my money wisely so I'd now be living in a Park Avenue co-op, and also that I would've been smart enough to never have unprotected sex so I wouldn't have died in the AIDS epidemic in the late 20th.

20 years old- 20 year s old now? or back when i was 20?

back then- invest ever cent in Microsoft, Google, etc. Find cd support groups and friendly areas- transition.

now? get a masters or doctorate in economics, or perhaps fashion- make some coin- transition- start a CD staffed firm. and spend every day dressed in those wonderful young fashions....

youth is wasted on the young, but i guess it is the way things simply are.

.You wouldn't be talking to me today. i would be in my career somewhere....as a woman (which career is questionable though)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,