Thread: Wig help

Wig help

Advice please.

I've been checking out wigs on PaulaYoung.com and I've come to a standstill on if and what to buy. First of all, my head's on the large size (no cracks from anybody! Ya'hear?!) and that narrows down my choices, but I see four I like. Ground rules: I want something that fits my age (24) and won't break the bank.

This one's appropriately named.

This one's got the length I think I'd like.

This one's got the right length, is youthful looking, and IT'S CHEAP!

This one I kinda like. Nothing really stands out, I just like it.

I know many of you would suggest going to a shop in person, but it's a bit too far past Halloween to use that excuse, and I'm not so brave. Well, what do you think? There are a few photos of me floatin' around somewhere here. Have a look and make an "expert" suggestion; any of the above or another wig that you think would look good. Just remember, I have a fat head.

Thanks ladies, I appreciate it.
    -Please, call me Bethany. Hey moderator, can I change my name?:ld:

Hi Tara, just my opinion but as you are young (god you make me jealous), i think the 3rd and 4th choice would probably suit you best.
    Pity we can't see the shape of your face as it would be easier to give you advice.
    Luv Ya! :be:

shape

the shape of you face and neck are a part ,also your hight, im in the same boat cant find any one way to pick ,would like to find a makeover sight (plug in my pick and try hair, )
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Gale R
    Hi Tara, just my opinion but as you are young (god you make me jealous), i think the 3rd and 4th choice would probably suit you best.
    Pity we can't see the shape of your face as it would be easier to give you advice.

Is that a hint? No the thick furry things above my eyes aren't caterpillars!
    Last edited by Tara Beth; 05-02-2006 at 07:01 PM.
    -Please, call me Bethany. Hey moderator, can I change my name?:ld:

Yep, i still think 3 or 4 would be good for you and at that price i don't think you can go wrong.
    Luv Ya! :be:

I am partial to #2 myself...I'm no expert, but if you truly have a big head you might want a little more hair.

Also, try to match your natural hair color--a light blonde wig will REALLY make your caterpillars stand out!!
    Last edited by Dayna; 11-22-2005 at 09:19 PM.
    -Dayna

Self-professed godess of Photoshop... because a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    It looks like you're one of those fortunate folks who's got an oval face -- which means almost any style will look on you.

#2 is the most feminine, but #3 and #4 would also work well.

Unfortunately, the two available colors for #3 are too light for you. Generally it's good to stay within a shade or two of your natural color. (You can go beyond this, but it's tricky.) From your photo, you look like you're probably around a medium brown.

The other big thing to do is match your skin tone, which is either warm or cool. (A mismatch will look odd.) "Ash" = cool, "golden" and "auburn" (reddish) = warm. It's a little hard to tell from your photo, but I'm guessing you may be a warm.

Finally, it's better to get a wig that's got a blend of colors in it (these are indicated by two color numbers, i.e. 24/14), which looks more realistic than a single color wig.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Tara Beth,

I think the Chanel-Your #2 pick is very good. I'd pick for you Color-Dark Auburn. Good Luck.

Finally found you guys dawnmcdaniels's Avatar
    I like the second one as well but if you want to try passing it is easier with the natural color of your hair so that the dark dont stick out if the sides. and the catewrlpillars wont need to be colored.
    [SIZE="6"]47.9623 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot !!![/SIZE]

GypsyKaren
    I think all of them are good choices, but picking your look is really a personal decision you'll have to make yourself.

I can tell you that I have 2 Paula Young wigs, a Noricko and a Revlon. For the money, paula's wigs are a good buy. However, if you're planning on going out into the world, I'd spend a little bit more and get a better wig. They are great for around the house.

I happen to have a Chanel, it is a nice wig and a good buy, but it does tend to snarl a lot because it isn't layered enough. Don't be afraid to go short, it does look more natural, at least on me.

if you look around on-line at such places as wigsalon.com, wigs.com, or acewigs.com, you'll be able to find some real nice wigs at decent prices, especially close-outs. If you're really on a tight budget or plan on staying in, then Paula is the way to go. They are a good buy, and the customer service is great. Good luck with your decision.

GypsyKaren