Thread: The Fairy Tale Princess Ball - Need Some Help & Advice

The Fairy Tale Princess Ball - Need Some Help & Advice

I have an invitation to a "Fairy Tale Princess Ball" to be held a few months after Halloween. This is not a CD/TG//TS sponsored event.

From the invitation it appears that one can come as a "Ffairy Tale Princess" or as any character that is related to the story, such as a Fairy Godmother or even a Wicked Queen.

So I could use a little help!

1) If you could be any Fairy Tale Princess for an evening, who would you be? And maybe "Why?"

2) I want to keep this within reasonable $$$ limits, so would I be better off buying a costume now during Halloween season when costumes are plentiful, or renting one after Halloween (I live in the heart of the film district, there are places here like Western Costume that can actually outfit entire royal families), or just getting a nice formal and accessories?

Thanks!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Reasonable Limits, I would go as Rapunzel. She's my favorite FTP at the moment. I would try to get the braided wig, if i could find one, so it has the illusion of being long without the necessity of spending hours brushing it and fussing with it.

Looking at your Avatar, however, you might go for Snow White; I think it would do best with your complexion. I've noticed that there is not a huge fluctuation in costume prices after Halloween (I looked last year to find some on clearance, but they didn't exist outside of the cheesy retail stores that pop up around this time of year).

What I would do is this: Haunt (get it?) the thrift shops for a dress that approximates what you want, then fix it up to match your ideal. That way you have a story to go with your costume!

Let us know what you decide! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    I have an invitation to a "Fairy Tale Princess Ball" to be held a few months after Halloween. This is not a CD/TG//TS sponsored event.

From the invitation it appears that one can come as a "Ffairy Tale Princess" or as any character that is related to the story, such as a Fairy Godmother or even a Wicked Queen.

So I could use a little help!

1) If you could be any Fairy Tale Princess for an evening, who would you be? And maybe "Why?"

2) I want to keep this within reasonable $$$ limits, so would I be better off buying a costume now during Halloween season when costumes are plentiful, or renting one after Halloween (I live in the heart of the film district, there are places here like Western Costume that can actually outfit entire royal families), or just getting a nice formal and accessories?

Thanks!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    This is a tough one because for me I would want to get an Alice in Wonderland long dress and long sleeves. Theres nothing like a long dress swooshing around on your legs!!! They will custom make these dresses for you for about 250 bucks
    I would do it but I'm already breaking my CD budget for this year so I can't do a costume like this. I can dream about it next year though..............
    Hey maybe I could get a couple dresses like this made, wear them and then I could sell them on this site in the classified adds. Heck or better yet we could have a costume rental store on this site. Hmmmmm

Gold Member
    I guess I would go with a "Gone With The Wind" dress from the 1860"s era.
    Hoop skirt and all, and do not forget the corset.
    Rader

I would have to go as Pocahonis, with my blood line and physical apperance she is the only lodgical choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

i'd go as belle from beauty and the beast for sure. my favorite princess out of all the disney princesses

The wicked queen from Snow white is pretty awesome as a costume (the fairies from Sleeping Beauty might be fun too)

I'd say the obvious choice would be Cinderella. The whole thing about changing into a beautiful princess is just so resonant.

As far as where to shop, I was in SoCal a couple of months ago and was absolutely amazed at some of the stuff they sell on Hollywood Blvd just a few blocks from the Dolby Theater. Didn't go inside so I don't know about prices or quality but there certainly is variety there!

Forgot to respond to your CQ:
    -.. . .--- . -. -.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Persephone, I would go as either Cinderella or pick a fairytale princess with large skirt an low cut top.
    Maybe not your style then again Snow white could be ok.
    West Hollywood hire venues are great and if it is off season things can be cheaper.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    At my age the Wicked Queen would be more appropriate. However, my choice is Belle from Beauty and the Beast.