Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wives and shared tastes

Yes, we share clothing all the time. Sometimes she will buy a pair of shoes and find they are a little too tight so she asks me to wear them a bit to stretch them for her as I'm just a bit larger. As a matter of fact she's planning on wearing my gown to our support group Xmas party this year.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Yes for purses, jewelry, nail polish, etc. We're way far apart in size so can't share clothing. That said, we do love to occasionally dress alike with matching outfits in our own sizes.

The only thing that I have that Jean can wear is jewelry, not to include rings.
    And she borrows mine.

My wife has given me many items that either don't fit her anymore or she is just tired of. I started out with her panties and bras. Now we each have our own.

We shop together now so we pick out stuff for each other. We are about the same size in tops (she has a higher boob to chest ratio than me), but not in bottoms. Not close in shoes.

She borrowed one of my blouses recently when we went out to dinner with friends.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I would give anything to have my wife take this kind of interest. As it stands I live in seclusion. I have opened up to her, but she wants no part in this side of me. So I go to the restroom to take off my pantyhose, so she does not see anything, and am settled into dressing when she is not around. It's depressing, but the marriage is worth it.
    Enjoy the experiences you have with your SO. They not be ideal, but at least she is accepting.
    Good luck to you.
    Di

The other day we were in Costco of all places. They had Ellen Tracy skirts. I am typically not a fan of "pull-on" skirts, but my wife bought a gray one in my size anyhow. When we got home, she said "go try on that skirt that I bought you, I want to see you in it". I was like "wow", that has never happened! So I said that I was not just going to try it on, I would need a few minutes...I grabbed a black fitted top, off-black pantyhose, patent pumps and the rest of my stuff....Once I was all made up, I slipped the skirt on and it fit perfectly! I then got a comment "it fits good"...If that is as good as it gets...I am good with that!

Loads of times, till in the end she tries to convince me she bought it in the first place and it was always hers! We share most things except shoes, My feet are too darn big

Yup, just recently lost a pair of jeans to my sweetie!!
    Lilly

Well i havnt told my yet, but when i do and if she accepts it, i would love to share with her. Are sizes are a little different (i only know this caused i try on her stuff). That being said are taste are similar on some things she just doesnt know it.

My wife has very different tastes in clothing than I do. I like the silky smooth feeling fabrics, the more "feminine" types of clothing, including skirts, heels & hosiery . My wife is a "tom boy" type. She is comfortable in jeans, t-shirt, regular shoes, and cotton panties. I have never seen her out in public in high heels and a skirt.

On the western shores of Puget Sound across from Seattle, Washington
    The answer for my long time bride and me is a mixed one:
    We are a world apart in terms of dress, skirt, blouse and shoe sizes. She is a size 6 in blouses and dresses and I wear a size 24W/3X. So there is very little opportunity to swap these things except on a "conceptual basis." If I buy an identical garment in my size it is because I typically follow her lead (with permission of course.)
    Accessories - yes, across the board - yes, including purses, jewelry, scarves, fragrance, make up and nail polish. For these items I am usually in the lead because I am less timid about spending for first class items in this category.
    Hair - She loves my diverse collection of wigs and will occasionally experiment with a new look. We both find this to be fun, fun, fun!
    We frequently shop together for girly things and always share fashion ideas. We love the interaction, and each of us brings the other ideas, opinions and encouragement. Just to positively reinforce the right mind set - shared girly things do not decrement either her budget or mine - these are "budget waiver items."
    Lastly, we love being "sisters-in-law" out shopping for "girly-girl" things and do this frequently. We enthusiastically dedicate more than a day at a time for such adventures and in fact have gone on three day weekend excursions with only this kind of shopping as an objective.
    Last edited by Bobbi McCarthy; 09-21-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Banned Read only
    Yes, my wife wears some of my dresses and tops. I am much bigger than her, but belts do the job. I wish she would wear more of my things, the I would get to see what kind of outfits she makes with them.

Nope , it works the other way around for me as I lay claim to her things , problem is she is a lot smaller than me and has younger tastes so I have to end up giving it back ( she has said that I can borrow anything I like )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

The only thing that my spouse borrows from me is jewelery. She is a size 16-18 and I am a size 10-12. I do not think she is thrilled that I am a smaller size than she is, and trust me when I say I have heard about it from time to time. All I can say is she loves her donuts and I dont even look at them.

My wife DON'T like my taste ,,She says I dress like an OLD LADY ,,,LOL,,,, Atleast it's a LADY ,,,LOL,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Although we don't share, we do have similar tastes. I suppose that's one of the things that attracted us to each other. I'm more on the feminine side than she is though, especially when it comes to dresses and skirts.

Things only migrate through my wardrobe after the laundry is done.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    We share .... except that if she has bought something for herself and it's on her side of the closet I have to ask permission to wear it (she usually says yes) however she grabs and wears anything she wants to from my side of the closet without asking ...
    This is so true, I have to ask my SO if I can wear this or that, but she goes thru my drawers and closet putting together her outfit without asking. Then my things end up with her things and I have to ask to go thru her drawers even to get my things. Lately I have become more brave and started pulling things out of her drawers and closet without asking. Don't know how long that will last but it's a great way to expand your wardrobe.

My wife and I wear roughly the same size, so she borrows my clothes a lot. She has not yet been comfortable with me wearing her clothes. But, she recently gave me "right of first refusal" on some items she was weeding out of her closet, so I hope that's a good first step.

Now days we are different sizes, and out taste are totally different, years gone by we used to share any and all of both of our wardrobes, now we just share necklaces, but neither of us would borrow anything with out asking. But when we did share, it was clearly stated, if you wear my stuff, yours is fair game.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

My wife and I are about the same size and share all clothes and shoes although I bought a pair of sandals and she claimed them and it's taken me ages to get them back but I did get to see her in them alot . we have very similar tastes in most things so it can work to both our advantages ...but if she buys something I am not allowed to wear it before her which is fair but if she has something nice which I like it can be quite painful waiting for her to wear it so I can