Thread: Video Game Characters

Video Game Characters

So my outlet for my cross dressing for a long time was through Role Playing video games. I played a game called City of Heroes for a long time on a roleplaying server. The game had a really great character creation mechanic, so you could make your character very detailed. Are there any other nerdy dressers out there that use video games as an outlet?

I was never heavily into gaming, but I found out a long time ago I wasn't the only one. On pretty much every game I've ever played, I choose a female character. One of my favorites was Tiger Woods golf and despite being the sexiest, I beat all the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleKent View Post
    So my outlet for my cross dressing for a long time was through Role Playing video games. I played a game called City of Heroes for a long time on a roleplaying server. The game had a really great character creation mechanic, so you could make your character very detailed. Are there any other nerdy dressers out there that use video games as an outlet?
    Loved that game, had to quit playing when my budget was getting tight. When I had some money I tried going back and that place was a ghost town...<sigh>. Other than that, I loved City of heroes and City of Villains for being able to do a nice female build.

Yeah, unfortunately City of Heroes is closing down, I logged back in to say goodbye to my old personas. end of an era I'm playing Borderlands 2 right now as the female character

Yeah I do that all the time. Mass Effect, Skyrim, Guitar Hero! Plus the characters are nicer to look at
    Pursue happiness, with diligence

My blog: A Circular Square

I play mostly female characters in World of Warcraft. Then again, in any video game, if they have a female character to play as, that is the one I always choose. Figured if it is going to represent me, might as well be the true me.

In the Saints Row franchise, you can have either a male character, female or various stages in between. Any clothing option is available to your character, whichever gender (or combination) you designate for your player. You can even change the hairstyle and voice for your character

I do a lot of gaming, and yes I do often choose female characters. In my case, though, a lot of the time it's just because the male characters look stupid. They're so exaggeratedly butch half the time, or just incredibly ugly. In the case of Mass Effect, I chose a female character because I didn't like the male voice actor's nasal sound. I usually tend to go for a character that fits my "style" somehow, whether its a man or a woman.

I like gaming, i teach game design, and i often play female charters in gsmes

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I don't play on line that much, but when I was playing TDU I had a female Avatar. Was great fun. Made for far more interesting conversations than playing a male character.

I choose a female whenever its an option. Saints Row 2 and 3 are really cool with all the customizing. Also love playing the Tomb Raider games, Tomb Raider Legend is the only PS2 game still out in the open and not packed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily359 View Post
    I do a lot of gaming, and yes I do often choose female characters. In my case, though, a lot of the time it's just because the male characters look stupid. They're so exaggeratedly butch half the time, or just incredibly ugly. In the case of Mass Effect, I chose a female character because I didn't like the male voice actor's nasal sound. I usually tend to go for a character that fits my "style" somehow, whether its a man or a woman.
    My problem with male Shepard (the standard one at least) is that he's a bit dull. He's a victim of publishers desire to make a character that appeals to as many regions, localities and ethnicities as possible. A common complaint of female characters is that they objectify women (which in some cases can be true), but the male characters are often gross excaggerations of masculinity, that I don't identify with at all.
    Pursue happiness, with diligence

My blog: A Circular Square

I usually choose female characters in videogames, just like joss whedon, I prefer female heroines.

Here's my commander Shepard of mass effect..

BTW the voice acting of Jennifer Hale is top notch
    Last edited by Saffron; 09-22-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Never tried city of heros, but I did create a couple of characters on Champions Online (both male oddly enough). I also have WoW characters on Draenor, Blackhand, and Runetotem (a male and female on each).

I sorta think of those characters more as "toons" though....not so much an expression of myself.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

I played a girl character on a role playing server a while back and nobody even suspected that I was a guy! I felt bad when guys would try to get to know me (but I always let them down easy). Now I always play a girl character. Was bummed out when I found out that in World of Warcraft, guys playing girls were quite the normal.

It's a bit tedious to play as a girl in online games, with all the boys trying to get in your digital pants