Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You might not consider this a CDing question.

Banned Read only

You might not consider this a CDing question.

I beg to differ.

How many GAY people do you know?

Doesn't matter if they are relatives, friends, acquaintances, people you work with etc.

I know several (my son has gay inlaws who married in England)

Quite a few.

jenn

I know several including a lesbian couple, one of whom just happens to be the sister on my "to be" daughter-in-law. No big deal. I probably have met more but didn't really know they were gay. No need to advertise, right?

A dozen at least currently. Most are co-workers.
    I've known and been friends with more over the years.

WHY????
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quite a few including two of my brothers!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Aspiring Member
    Good question. Surprisingly none.
    Can't think of even one.
    If they are, they're still in the closet, just like me and my dressing.

i refuse to answer that question. It is biased. It seems that you think that cd's know more gay people than "normal".

Many. Both gay and lesbian. All are wonderful people.

I worked with a few in past years but as of now, nobody. One guy who might be gay, just because he's never seen with a woman, but he's never shown any "gay" signals either.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanna View Post
    i refuse to answer that question. It is biased. It seems that you think that cd's know more gay people than "normal".
    I agree. The OP says this is a CDing question. I want to know how it is before I answer. I fear you have an ulterior motive either to "gotcha" those who answer or to confirm your own unspoken but biased view.
    If only our families and friends could be as supportive as our bras!

Aspiring Member
    Honestly, I don't know and really don't care. I'm sure that some of my friends, aquaintances, neighbors, relatives may be gay but it really doesn't matter. Some of these people are genetic men, genetic women and some I am not sure of.

Back in the 60's and 70's, I can remember saying when talking about an ethnic lifestyle or behavior, I used to say, "I have a ethnically similar friend (you know what I mean) and........". I am past that qualifying statement now and see no reason to do so now. Yes, I do socialize at alternate lifestyle bars and I can assume that people attending, like me, have an alternate lifestyle.

Platinum Member
    The ones I know are gay, certainly several dozen. The ones who are closeted...probably just as many

I replied to this but deleted my answer because I wondered is this a competition to see who has the most gay friends or meant to prove CDer's are more accepting? This board has many gay, Bi and lesbian members and we all get along well here. It would prove nothing and only makes a point of using their sexual preferences to prove a point. Let a private poll of the general public deal with this question instead. BTW I'm trans anyways so I'm not sure if I would count for anything.

Where is this thread leading?
    Last edited by Marleena; 09-21-2012 at 08:49 AM.

about a dozen. Only one of them knows I CD, and she's almost slipped a few times, so I'm quite reluctant to tell anyone else.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

A lot..... my son and his boyfriend.... and all their friends. and a few at work.... and a couple I went to school with..... never really sat down and quantified them.... not that I really want to to need to either....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Just a couple, my wife has an uncle who is and my sister has a stepson that is. I guess being brought up in the church and still involved a lot at church, I don't get to meet many. Of course the church is the reason I have and still do feel guilty about my inner female.

I have no idea. Some I know because of their SO. I don't ask. It's not important and none of my business really. Sexual orientation certainly has no effect on one's integrity and openness to others.
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

No telling, I do not inquire of other peoples sexual preferences. I also do not know how many people I am friends with like oral sex, or bondage. I never ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Where is this thread leading?
    Come on, Wild, time to weigh in. Many respondants want to know why you ask.

Between a few relatively close friends plus business contacts, plus the multitude of people I encounter in the south Florida community I would say 5 people that I know pretty well, and 30-50 that are casual/social friends who are not necessarily at facebook status.

Plus there are a few from here

If bi counts, it's probably fair to double those numbers.

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

As casual acquaintances, probably somewhere around a hundred, and about a dozen as friendly acquaintances. I would not consider any of the latter to be among my handful of lifelong BFF however.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I really have no idea nor do I care, I guess it might be the same as I don't know how many bi, friends, or family members I may have or, how many of my hetero friends/family members prefer blondes, red heads, Asians, Latinos, Catholics, Protestants, Athiest, Mormon's, etc. Not really a very important issue with me.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Banned Read only
    I know of only 2. KNOW, as in they themselves, TOLD me. I NEVER ask people because it's not something I need to know nor care to know any more than their Religous or political affiliation. Neither of the two men that informed me they were Gay, were CDers.

Granted, I don't go to bars nor do I "get out" much other than regular shopping for stuff like most folks. Yet I have met and worked with a HUGE # of folks over the years because of my line of work. I have yet to meet one person who acts like/portrays themselves as the few gays I have seen depicted on tv.

Isn't it possible or even likely that the 320 people who viewed this thread, but did not respond, know at least a few people who are gay but simply are not aware of it?

Maybe I live in a small world? I certainly don't live in a small city. Of the folks that were good enough to answer, and the 2 or 3 who might read this, HOW is it that you know all the people you know as gay ARE in fact gay? I can only guess that most gay people act and seem like normal people, so that in actuallity, they are out in public everywhere, blending in?

Do ANY of the gay people you know are gay resemble the "over the top" depictions seen on tv?

OR, in your opinion, most people would never know or suspect they are gay?

I'm sorry Wild, I don't understand this thread at all. Why is 'how many gay people you know' a CD question? And this line:

'I can only guess that most gay people act and seem like normal people, so that in actuallity, they are out in public everywhere, blending in?'

Kind of sounds like you are talking about invasion of the body snatchers or something!
    Pursue happiness, with diligence

My blog: A Circular Square