Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You might not consider this a CDing question.

Its a Trick ,,,, I don't know tell me ,,,How many do I know ,,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I am aware of five one is a good friend.
    He does not pat me on the bum so all is ok.
    As for others in the world......
    I probably know some more CDers as well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    During my lifetime I have known, and still know, many Gay people. Other than that they are no different than the rest of us! We are all human, and thought we may be different colors or have much different sexual orientation we are still all human beings!! The sooner we all learn that, and treat each other that way the sooner we can all get along!! I am a crossdresser!! So what!! It is my life, not yours!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    Do ANY of the gay people you know are gay resemble the "over the top" depictions seen on tv?
    Yes, and I know a few who turn on and turn off that over-the-top effeminate-acting gayness, depending on the present company. They can appear to be straight as an arrow at work, but at other times flaunt their gayness. Hard to tell which one's the act.

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    During my lifetime I have known, and still know, many Gay people. Other than that they are no different than the rest of us! We are all human, and thought we may be different colors or have much different sexual orientation we are still all human beings!! The sooner we all learn that, and treat each other that way the sooner we can all get along!! I am a crossdresser!! So what!! It is my life, not yours!
    That I can agree with, well said!

Banned Read only
    So far, only 30 out fof 485 know any gay people? OR, is it that the vast majority here have never met any folks that ACT like the gays that are depicted on TV and they think all gays are created equal or act the same?

I have seen estimates [and who knows how one would make an estimate of such a thing] that 5 to 20% of the population may be gay. Even if it is just 5%, that is an awful lot of gay people "out there" in the RW going undetected. They must ACT and be no diferent than anybody else. So just WHY is our culture so homophobic? Especially so many here? Is the simple answer Ignorance?

Miriam
    As several have already shared, it's likely that we all know some gay people, but we don't know who they are (well, I'm fairly certain about a few because they told me). Actually this goes with nearly any personal variant you can imagine - lesbian, hermit, bisexual, swinger, BDSM, foot fetist, straight people, and even crossdressers. Look at the percentages and consider how many people you know. Chances are you know several of each at least, and the beauty is that in general you don't know who they are - they're just normal folks.

Miriam

I belong to a church with a determined outreach to the gay and lesbian community. It is probably the only Catholic Church that has gay and straight people marching side-by-side in NYC's Gay Pride parade. So I know scores, perhaps hundreds, of GLBT folk.

So far, only 30 out fof 485 know any gay people? OR, is it that the vast majority here have never met any folks that ACT like the gays that are depicted on TV and they think all gays are created equal or act the same?

I have seen estimates [and who knows how one would make an estimate of such a thing] that 5 to 20% of the population may be gay. Even if it is just 5%, that is an awful lot of gay people "out there" in the RW going undetected. They must ACT and be no diferent than anybody else. So just WHY is our culture so homophobic? Especially so many here? Is the simple answer Ignorance?
    Just because people didn't post it doesn't mean they don't know any gay people.

I'm still not sure what you are getting at. And why do you say that so many here are homophobic?

Being gay just isn't that big a deal anymore, gay people don't have to hide who they are or explain themselves to anyone. My neighbours are a gay couple. Nobody on the street cares. They are just normal people who happen to be gay. I worked with a guy for 2 years before I found out he was gay. Absolutely no one in the company cared or treated him any differently because it makes no difference. He doesn't hide being gay, it's just that like everyone else he doesn't feel the need to explain his sexual preference to anyone. And he doesn't need to act in any way to blend in, he is just himself.

I still don't really get where this thread is going, or what exactly the point is that you are trying to make. What is your opinion? What do you think is the situation with the gay community, and what is it about the way they act or how accepted they are that caused you to post this thread?
    Pursue happiness, with diligence

My blog: A Circular Square

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn cd View Post
    I belong to a church with a determined outreach to the gay and lesbian community. It is probably the only Catholic Church that has gay and straight people marching side-by-side in NYC's Gay Pride parade. So I know scores, perhaps hundreds, of GLBT folk.

I'm not religious, but it's nice to know that there are churches out there that teach acceptance and inclusion. Please, keep up the good work.

Well, there's my boyfriend! And many other friends.... Although if you put us in an identity parade it's not likely we would be picked out early on!

I don't know how many gay people I know. But I can tell you I don't personally know any cross dressers. Acquaintances are more likely to come out and tell you they're gay than tell you they cross dress. But I can only think of one person in my entire life that told me "I'm bi", and she was my gf for a few years. Gay men that I've met don't say anything, and often I have no idea but sometimes figure it out later. I'm not very good at picking it up unless it's obvious.

Banned Read only
    I beg to differ.

How many GAY people do you know?

Doesn't matter if they are relatives, friends, acquaintances, people you work with etc.
    2 cousins...................and they're GG's (go figure)

Thera

Banned Read only
    I beg to differ.

How many GAY people do you know?

Doesn't matter if they are relatives, friends, acquaintances, people you work with etc.
    2 cousins...................and they're GG's (go figure)

Thera

sissystephanie

YEAH..........YOU GO WIT YO BAD SELF.............Im with you

Silver Member
    . How many TALL people do you know? Doesn't matter if they are relatives, friends, acquaintances, people you work with etc?
    Also. How many BALD people do you know?
    Last edited by heatherdress; 10-08-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Shorten

I really have no idea, as the issue seldom comes up in conversations. Unless the government starts handing out pink triangles it isn't relevant.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Interestingly, I know lesbians and no gays at all.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylineira View Post
    Interestingly, I know lesbians and no gays at all.
    Gay is lesbian or did I fall asleep again and miss something?

Thera

Aspiring Member
    You are right, not really a CD question. I am not really sure of the reason for th equestion here. I recently listened to a gay psychiatrist on public radio who was discussing gay tendencies in children. Part of what I got from it was, in his opinion, that being gay and Cding had very little correlation. Anyway, most of the gay men I know are relatives whom have men partners. None to my knowledge are Cders, but I moved away and I have not seem them in over 20 years.

Over the years I've known exactly 5 gay men and one bisexual woman. One of the gay men was a neighbour, and the other neighbours made some really awful comments about him. It wasn't difficult to tell he was gay but I found him to be a very nice person. I much preferred talking with him than the jerks who made fun of him. The bisexual woman I dated very casually 2 years ago. Of the other 4 men, 1 is an internet friend who has a husband and the other 2 are a couple with whom I have a mutual friend.

don't no and really don't care they live there life and i live mine they are all human's and desreve the same respect as every one else

susie

I do know a few gay people but the 1 i know is a total bitch!
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

Banned Read only
    If people are not both willing AND able to step up to the plate when and if asked THE question, then you deserve to stay locked in your closet.

If people are not both willing AND able to step up to the plate when and if asked THE question, then you deserve to stay locked in your closet.
    So unless people either keep a running total of all the gay people they know or tell you that figure on this thread (I'm not sure which it is, I rarely understand the point you are trying to make), they deserve punishment? Wow. *backing slowly out of room*

I know to partnered couples (California), one female one male. They are always the life of the party, especially when they swap partners and start dancing.

I had a gay accountant who worked for me but he split when his partnered dies of AIDS. Nice, shouldn't have happened to him or his partner.