Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever heard of or been called a "Panty Waist?

Ever heard of or been called a "Panty Waist?

Every now and them, i hear a radio talk host, or someone else, call somebody a panty waist, and it is not meant nicely, either. I think it was used more, many years ago, but, sometimes, it is still used. I guess, because i often wear panties, that makes me a panty waist, and all the rest of you. But, my male mode is blue collar, car fixin, ditch diggin, lawn mowin, fishin guy.

Yes, I've heard of that derogatory term. I was even called it a few times when I was young. Little did they know how accurate they were and would be now since that's all I wear for underwear the last 7 years and all I'll wear ever again.

The jokes on them...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

The first time I ever heard that term was when Ben Grimm (The Thing) used it in Fantastic Four comics in the 1960's. He was usually referring to his test tube slinging partner, Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic). Since Stan Lee is from NY City, I think it may have originated there. It Means a weak man or boy in any case.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The term goes back to the 60's and was used as a derogatory term on the same level as Sissy. I never used it or had it thrown at me but as I think back anybody that embodied any feminine traits or percieved weakness was considered a panty waist. Many guys used it to bully someone else into going along with them ie "don't be a panty waist".

Personally I would wear it as a badge of honor today considering that I have been wearing panties for over 20 years. My pantied waist usually has a bit of lace attached.

EllenJo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Aspiring Member
    If the shoe fits, wear it sooo-
    I am a panty waist. I like the bikini or hip hugger panties the best they need to be nylon with some spandex in them.

Platinum Member
    I have heard the term occassionally over the years - its somewhat old fashioned, with references to it as far back as the mid 1930s. Typically a derogatory term to characterize a somewhat effeminate or subservient male. I'd find a different radio station to listen to

Panty Waist is a term from an era called by some " the good old days ", to some of us a better term would be " the bad old days".
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

If your waist is suitable for panties I'd take that as a compliment!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    That is a term I have not heard in a long time. To me it generally refered to an effiminate man. It was not a term that was used in any positive way.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

This brings back a very funny memory. Years ago I had a business relationship with a fellow who was a real con artist. I had my fill of his scams and sent him packing. Needless to say, he did not take kindly to me cutting off his source of funds. As he stomped out of my building, he turned and shouted "Panty Waist" at me. The Deputy Sheriff, who I had asked to be present to see that there was no more trouble, almost got down in the floor from laughter. There I was in my usual work clothes of the time, Levis, flannel shirt, workboots, etc. and this guy was dressed in burgandy slacks, a beautiful pastel silk-like shirt, an excess of jewlery...you get the picture. The Deputy probably didn't understand why I was laughing with him. Mine were VANITY FAIR!!!

Um.. I think that the term is actually panty "waste", not waist.... meaning the residue left in one's panties. So you proud girls might want to re-think that. ...... Just saying.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 09-20-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I never waste panties they cost money.
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Um.. I think that the term is actually panty "waste", not waist.... meaning the residue left in one's panties. So you proud girls might want to re-think that. ...... Just saying.
    I always thought it was waste too. Never really sure of what it was referring to, and probably didn't care. I just knew it was used in a derogatory and demeaning way.

Quote Originally Posted by darla_g View Post
    I always thought it was waste too. Never really sure of what it was referring to, and probably didn't care. I just knew it was used in a derogatory and demeaning way.
    And you were absolutely correct.... in that it is derogatory and demeaning.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by darla_g View Post

I thought the same thing and never understood what "panty waste" could be. The people who said it were generally stupid, so I just wrote it off as an insult with no meaning hurled around by fools.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I only heard it once like some of you but it is a very rude comment though.
    You where born this way.

It is a derogatory term that has been around for decades.
    Hugs, Carole

Only ever seen that term in the 'big book' in AA, so I assumed it was a 30s way of calling someone a sissy. I think a 'pantywaist' might be a term from dressmaking cos I vaguely remember seeing it in some Sinclair Lewis novel to describe how some 20s office women were dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by MsArlene View Post
    Panty Waist is a term from an era called by some " the good old days ", to some of us a better term would be " the bad old days".
    Or as my Dad would have said "The good old day that never were"
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

All my life ,,, They threw that word around as much as any,,,, Still do ,,, When I here it I always say HERE !!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    When I was much younger a boy made the mistake of calling me a panty waist, but only once. When he was finally able to get back on his feet he apologized and never said it again. Neither did anyone else, although I was wearing panties most of the time!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

There's a big difference between panty waste and panty waist! I have one but I'm not the other!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Heard it all the time. Never knew why it was a bad thing since to me it seemed like what I wanted
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pexetta View Post
    Only ever seen that term in the 'big book' in AA, so I assumed it was a 30s way of calling someone a sissy. I think a 'pantywaist' might be a term from dressmaking cos I vaguely remember seeing it in some Sinclair Lewis novel to describe how some 20s office women were dressed.
    I think that was "shirtwaist" as in the shirtwaist factory fire where many female garment workers died because their employer blocked the exits.

LOL I wish I had the waist to wear some of those panties! And the hangy-down parts (my childrens early name for genitals)I could definitely do without sometimes too!. I like the name. I have three brothers that dont know I cd, so when ever i defend against some of the more derogatory names, they lift an eyebrow or two. No one has ever said anything about to me. Let em. My secret is ready to out, but Im just not in the rush to do it.
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana