Thread: Cross dressing isn't going away.

Cross dressing isn't going away.

I have bought some new things that will be here next week and I will do some photos next weekend. I do need to talk to anyone who knows how hard it is when you live in a place that it really is not accepted. It's a lonely time here.

Lucy

Unless you are amongst friends, it's not particularly accepted anywhere. Japan is looking like a nice place to live for crossdressers though!

You are right though, it doesn't go away. I've put it in bins, attics, garages, charity bags, and more stuff keeps arriving! It can be very lonely, but if you seek out like minded people (like all of us here) hopefully you'll feel a bit better. I couldn't admit to myself that I was a crossdresser, so I was making life lonely for myself. This last couple of weeks, after discovering this forum, has been like a weight coming off.

Look forward to seeing the photos!

Rachel
    Pursue happiness, with diligence

My blog: A Circular Square

Crossdressing is never accepted as "normal" any where, however in more developed and progressive societies people tend to ignor "Dressed up" man.

Thank you Rachel, you look great. It is hard to be what we are but I just adore dressing up and putting make up on. Not many people know in my life, in fact practically nobody, but a while ago I sent some pictures to my sister who is really open minded and hates repression, in any form.

It was after a conversation on the phone, because we live in different countries, and she was saying how hard it must be for people who have secrets. And I thought, "what the hell" and emailed her some pics. Unfortunately I keep deleting any photos I have when I get scared. She said wow, surprise, surprise. and then said what amazing eye make up i had and asked how I learned that. So I do have ons person who is on my side.
    Lucy xx

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    You are right, crossdressing is not going to go away!! I started wearing my older sisters panties when I was 6 y/o, and am now 80 y/o and wearing a skirt and knit top as I write this. I did spend 4 years in the military years ago, and of course could not dress when on active duty. but I did dress whenever I could do so safely. I also stopped dressing completely at one time because I thought it would be better for my family. But my dear late wife convinced me that she missed Stephanie in her life, and so I started dressing again.

But I dress to please myself, not other people. I don't want to be a woman, I just like to dress like one! So I do. Those who don't like the way I dress can look elsewhere!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Great Stephanie, good on you. i do love dressing up. In the last few years I started to go further, and shaved my whole body and put make up, a wig,nail varnish and just felt so right. It is the real me.

Lucy

Crossdressing is more accepted in Thailand and the Philippines, where they usually go around being called ladyboys.

Wow, I would love to go somewhere where I could walk about in public dressed like I want to be dressed.

Lucy

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Lou View Post
    Wow, I would love to go somewhere where I could walk about in public dressed like I want to be dressed.

Lucy
    Yeah... it is a great feeling, and I have been lucky to do it at times in the UK... but the issues are the same and the only way it really works is if you 'pass' as we call it here... i.e. you look enough like a real woman to not stand out... lots of tricks to doing that and it doesn't work for everyone. I have had my moments when it hasn't worked for me either. Alternatively, many of us here (especially those 'long in tooth' and age challenged) have accepted a certain 'way of life' which allows it to work for them in that they are perceived as 'men in dresses' but are tolerated without too much comment, but the majority of us are 'in the closet' and do not venture out.

Doing this can be a lonely process, but wanting to cross-dress will never go away. This community has helped me so much since I joined.... there are some amazing people here! It is about finding what works for 'you'!
    Last edited by Kaz; 09-21-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Thanks Kaz, that pic looks great. I am going to have to really try to make that work for me. But I can't stop doing it, and don't really want to either. Cheers hon. Lucy xx

I will have to think of a better subject next time because not many of you want to talk about this. Ok I am new here. See you next time. Night, night girls.

Lucy Lou xxx

Banned Read only
    I will have to think of a better subject next time because not many of you want to talk about this. Ok I am new here. See you next time. Night, night girls.
    Lucy Lou xxx
    Nite Nite Lucy,sweet dreams.........

Thera

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    For four years I stopped dressing after my ex left me for a real man and I repartnered. I thought it had gone away. Recently the 'want' to dress returned with a vengeance. My first response was to purge much of my stash. Big mistake but thankfully didn't purge the hard to replace items such as wigs, forms,etc.

With a wife that abhors me dressing as a female (men should be men ...) and says it is a deal breaker, I've had to stay in the closet at home. Venturing on business trips is quite another matter although I feel a pique of conscience having to balance my dressing with non-disclsure. It is just how it has to work for us to stay together.

Most of the cities in Australia are like the UK Kaz describes. I'm a few days in to an extended business trip and having a fantastic time. Purchased some replacement clothes (new avatar), invested in some new shaping garments (big thanks to David from Glamour Boutique for his fantastic customer service and quality clothes) and improving my make-up skills. I think I have the basic female cues right so that I blend OK but I'm not too hard to pick still. Yet everyone who reads me is tolerant, polite to friendly. That includes a lot of teenage girls too.

Loneliness is a quite frequent visitor when dressing without the support of our SO.

Michelle
    Last edited by Michelle (Oz); 09-21-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Cross dressing isn't going away.

Bon matin Lucy,

I dress for myself , nobody else . None has seen me so far nor likely would believe that I CD. The only drawbacks are the daily comments from office (very) male colleagues and the "notices" from the odd teens on the "street" of my feminine manners and stance and whatelse. How in the world I get "noticed" on my bicycle though is beyond me . My b..ehind must be pretty sexy . I am used to it though and it is not affecting me (strongly) any which way. As a matter of fact, especially at the office, i will respond to this kind of "annoyance" in kind. Crossing wits can sometimes be quite deadly, but quite funny... And, yes, it is very lonely. I am so happy (and a bit jealous) for all who have understanding SO's in their lives. I remind myself it may only be a matter of time.

Mal

Lucy Lou xxx
    Sorry Lucy having a wierd evening.

It's great that you have such an understanding sister. I always wish I'd had a sister!
    My SO is away tonight so am spending some time to play around with make-up. I always feel a bit guilty or shameful about it and I wish I could just be honest with everyone and no-one bat an eyelid, but it's just not the way of the world and like you, I can't stop. End of the day, I enjoy it too much anyway! The female me feels like a closer representation of who I am, but I doubt I'll be able to take it to the conclusion I'd like to.

Hope your things come ok!

Rachel
    Pursue happiness, with diligence

My blog: A Circular Square

I have bought some new things that will be here next week and I will do some photos next weekend. I do need to talk to anyone who knows how hard it is when you live in a place that it really is not accepted. It's a lonely time here.

Lucy

Accepted ? You accept it ? Thats all ya need , Don't worry about other people ,,There NEVER Satisfied about NOTHING ,, Just try it an yull see ,, Ask the people that work for the Public ? Fast food ,, Clothes ,,Retale in general ,,They will tell ya ,,Anyone that works for the public ! Garbage man,, Mail Man,,, Lawn service ,,They all Bitch about something so why would you dressing like a girl be any different ? You got the clothes an all the fixing ,,,JUST DO IT !! WE DO !!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Lucy do a Computer Search, there are bound to be some Support Groups in Towns and Cities near by. You may be in a rural setting, with nosey, unaccepting, neighbors; but you don't have to stay in that environment 24/7. There are very few areas in The World were you couldn't find like-minded people. Perhaps in some Fundamentalist Theocracy's, or very backward Third-World Venues, you would have a problem. But, not in France!

Want to stop being lonely? Start finding people. You have to be brave enough to take some steps going forward, but it's a small price to pay. Other Trans People don't bite! Start seeking them out, start going out.....problem solved!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Banned Read only
    The HELL with neighbors. People are just IGNORANT MISERABLE IDIOTS (HALF ARE) Yea, they pick on people. If they have no one to pick on THEY ALL CUT OFF ANYONE THEY CAN IN TRAFFIC.

The BEST thing about being a cross dresser, especially out on the open and upfront as soon as we meet a woman, WE KNOW WHO OUR TRUE FRIENDS REALLY ARE!! and all of our friends tells us how LUCKY they are to have an understanding friend like us, whatever they may be going on in their lives as well. If female friends are not romantically attracted, even while were guys, thell never have the same opportunity with any other guys to have such a caring friend. GET OUT THERE and genetic females are mainly attracted to CONFIDENCE I have had much better luck as I first started coming to terms with my self.
    Last edited by Sandra; 09-22-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: merged consecutive post, please use edit function

One day! Crossdressing will be the new fashion.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    as a guy, i dress unisex. Uggs, plain womens jeans, i wear mostly womens sneakers now THEY LOOK MORE STYLISH

Exclamation Cross dressing isn't going away.

Lucy
    I know far away from south west France, however have been out in the twin cities of Minnesota dressed as female, never have had any negative remarks said to my face. I know there are those who might not like my presentation in public as a woman but there is a state statute http://www.humanrights.state.mn.us/e...otections.html The statute basically states that transgendered persons are afforded the right to be in public places and rental and housing opportunities. Some companies are allowing transgendered persons who have a letter from their therapist stating that the person is undergoing transgender counseling and are allowed to wear female attire in the work place. However "crossdressers" are not normally accepted in the workplace yet.