Thread: A pleasent dressing room experience

A pleasent dressing room experience

I was shopping at Ross today in Honolulu and after picking out 3 nice blouses
    to try on I headed for the men's dressing room and was stopped by a nice
    middle age woman who told me I needed to hang the clothing before I could
    try it on since I didn't bring the hangers with me. Luckily there were no
    macho guys standing next to me while she hung up each blouse on a hanger rack
    near the door,than handed me the items ever so politely, and gave me the number
    3 for my door. I tried them on and handed the ones back to her I didn't want.
    She smiled and took them from me. I just really love it when woman make an effort
    to help guys like me who like to cross dress.

It's great when sales people help you instead of just collecting a paycheck and growling at customers.

My experiences at Ross have been variable but the one I remember most was being forced to show my drivers license just to return an $8 blouse. One negative experience can wipe out a dozen positive experiences.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

You have to remember one thing about Ross's return policy, they have to have your identification to make sure your not pulling off any fraudulent currency exchange. I work as a cashier and did customer returns and that is a must, NO EXCUSES. I had to throw out people for that or call the constable. Aside from that, Ross is always a good place to shop. Although somewhat a bit cluttered the selection is nice and no one really cares who the clothes are for. Every month I get to go there and look for clothes, although I do have a bit of a problem with the shoe selection. The staff is a bit curious but that is all. Ross's clothing line seems to be the only store I know of that has clothes on the cheap to fit the body of the CD-ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shdow_dragoness View Post
    You have to remember one thing about Ross's return policy, they have to have your identification to make sure your not pulling off any fraudulent currency exchange. I work as a cashier and did customer returns and that is a must, NO EXCUSES. I had to throw out people for that or call the constable. Aside from that, Ross is always a good place to shop. Although somewhat a bit cluttered the selection is nice and no one really cares who the clothes are for. Every month I get to go there and look for clothes, although I do have a bit of a problem with the shoe selection. The staff is a bit curious but that is all. Ross's clothing line seems to be the only store I know of that has clothes on the cheap to fit the body of the CD-ers.
    Other times, no ID was required and it's usually not required at other stores like Pennys or Kohls. I'm using a credit card, have my original receipt, and the refund is going back on the same card.

As for their selection, in my area, I find some OK blouses and occasionally a really nice one, but few skirts. Burlington Coat Factory, on the other hand, seems to have a great selection of skirts at reasonable (and sometimes really cheap) prices.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    My experiences with SAs have been almost uniformly positive. Of course, they're job is to help you, with the hope that it results in sales. Its even better when they services is provided with a measure of acceptance, support and encouragement. Perhaps that's why shopping is such a lift for us. We get to experience, most of the time, that feeling of acceptance (even if its purchased!).

I went to a Ross in Honolulu dressed in drab and came out a woman.
    Yes the SAs there between a couple of them helped me with the transformation.
    In drab I was wearing long trousers that had to go considering the temperature.
    I came out in a short skirt and low heels, a lot cooler.
    A bit of fake suntan made my legs look good.
    It all worked out very well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am am a frequent Ross shopper, for both mens and womens clothing. The hanging your items on the rack is always a bit unnerving it seems, but I hold my head high and look right in the SA's eyes and smile. For some reason though, I always put the stuff back on the racks myself that I don't buy instead of handing it back.

I've brought back merchandise for both sexes and they always ask for ID. Must be store policy.
    xoxo,
    Alisa

It helps to remember their are people like rock stars who raid their daughters closet for the perfect shirt... just do it...act like its normal and if any other customer makes a remark...just say with a thumbs up...'I know, its awsome isn't it?!'.
    Chickie