Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you choose NOT to dress?

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar

Would you choose NOT to dress?

I, like most, if not everyone, else here knows that your dressing isn't really something you choose it's more or less in our DNA. It's at our core being. BUT given the choice, would you choose to not dress? Would you prevent yourself from trying on that first addictive piece of clothing? Would you spare yourself the pain and anguish of your cd feelings that we all have of trying to deny that we love crossdressing? Or would you do it all over again knowing how expensive it is? Knowing terrifying it can be to go out in public?

IF it were possible, would you remove your tendency to dress? Is it all worth it? And why?
    Last edited by Briana90802; 09-25-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Apparently a few of us are 'at will' dressers, and can quit whenever they want
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sixty five years ago the answer would have been a resounding "Yes, I chose not to!!!". Now, with a knowing wfe, and knowing how rich the experience is, the answer is, no, leave me as is. Just wish there did not have to be all the angst in between.

If it were possible to completely change me, completely remove any desire i've ever had to try on a pair of heels or a skirt etc, then i would choose to not be a crossdresser as it would make so many aspects of life so much easier. Since that can't happen, i'm happy being a cd.
    Katie Taylor x

No, I would not choose to be a CD. Why would anyone actually choose to be ridiculed by the women we love or by society. Of course I would not choose this. Which means that it is not a choice for me it is a very integral part of who I am. I am exactly the way God made me. I am a male, a husband, a father and a grandfather that has the body of a man and the heart of a woman. I am a caretaker, a housekeeper, a lover, a babysitter and most of all I am me. I can plumb the house, fix the car, then shave my legs and have a full dinner on the table while wearing 3" pumps and a knee length skirt. If this had been a choice when I was a teenager I would have not become what I am, but it was never a choice for me. With all that said I firmly believe that my feminine side has made me a better man.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    ...I, like everyone else here, know that your dressing isn't really something you choose it's more or less in our DNA. It's at our core being. BUT given the choice, would you choose to not dress? Would you prevent yourself from trying on that first addictive piece of clothing? Would you spare yourself the pain and anguish of your cd feelings that we all have of trying to deny that we love crossdressing? Or would you do it all over again knowing how expensive it is? Knowing terrifying it can be to go out in public?

IF it were possible, would you remove your tendency to dress? Is it all worth it? And why?
    First, dressing as a woman is something I choose to do. The desire to explore gender outside of societal norms is not engrained into my DNA or any such thing. I recognize that any willingness on my part to consider it anything but a choice as a cop-out the personal responsibility associated with doing something that goes against what society views as normal. The long story short is that I suck at playing a victim. I insist that I remain in charge of how I conduct myself on a daily basis, and I claim no disability with regard to my gender issues.

Would I choose not to dress knowing what I know now and having the opportunity to re-live my life? No, I don't think I would. It's a relatively healthy part of me now and brings me a lot of joy and also some adventure.

Had this not been a part of my life, I'd have not met my wife, which has been the single best thing to ever have happened to me. As challenging as a transgendered person's emotional baggage is sometimes, it's worth it, because my gender exploration has done wonders for our marriage in terms of sharing and intimacy.

The years I spent lonely and frustrated was a massive challenge emotionally, as my gender exploration sometimes did feel like a curse. With that in mind, given the chance to rewind, I know I would do some things differently, but I simply would not remove my gender flux from my life entirely.

So yea, it's worth it.
    Last edited by Erica2Sweet; 09-25-2012 at 09:08 AM. Reason: needed clarification

I would not want to change a thing about my life as a CD. I suppose I have been one of the lucky ones as I have enjoyed my littlel secret for as long as I can remember. After my wife found my stash life got even better, she is very accepting. During the last year I have been able to explorer my gender identity and am discovering where I fit in the spectrum. I am very happy being who I am and am not to concerned about what others may think. My faimily does not know or any of my friends but I believe I can Handel it if (when) they find out.

No - if anything I would have chosen to dress more often and more openlucht at an earlier age

Back when I first started, many, many years ago when I thought I was alone, it was confusing, and I couldn't find many answers, I would have. Not today. Now I know a lot more, I have come to terms with it and am starting to get past a few of my fears about it. I wouldn't change a thing at this point.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Despite the roller-coaster ride of competing emotions over the years - confusion, self-loathing, shame, fear, anger, exhilaration, inner peace, contentment, and self-fulfillment etc. - I am now in a happy place in my life with regards to my transgenderism and crossdressing. I have finally come to accept that this is who I am, that I am hard-wired this way, it is not a character flaw, and that there is no more reason to be ashamed of having been born transgendered than for being, say, left-handed or having blue eyes or a prominent nose.

If anything, I have now come to embrace this "gender gift" - one which makes me "special", but in a good way. And while my wife may still struggle with this side of me, I have made numerous GG friends and acquaintances over the past 5 years since first openly going out in public as "Leslie". They seem to truly enjoy her company and are intrigued by her uniqueness and courage to be true to herself.

I might not have felt the same way 10 -15 years ago, but society has become so aware and accepting of people like us in the intervening years that there is simply no longer any valid reason for us not to lead the kind of lives that truly reflect our duality.

Very hard question to answer. And the older you get changes your view on it. Possibly yes, I would choose not to dress as it has left me with very low self esteem as a man, constant frustration and I have to hide part of myself from friends and family.
    That said it is part of my personality, if you took that away I would cease to be me anymore. The older I get the more I accept it, i'm getting to a stage in my life where I'm not sure if I really care if someone found out. Where as when I was younger it would have been the worst thing ever. Shame as I start to think I should have embraced it more when in my teenage years and perhaps just gone along with the ride.

Sorry can't give you a definitive answer.

If I had a choice I would still do it with only one change. I would have come out a long time ago. That way I could behappier with myself and not worring about who knows.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Ah, the old "if you could push a button" question again ... my life would definitely be less complicated if I did not like to crossdress. So I'd probably push that button -- unless there was another button that would make my wife accept it ...

Difficult to answer. It has been an amazing journey of self discovery. Looking back, I would pass on dressing. Overall it just seem to complicate my life. It is like being stuck in the middle of a game of tug of war. Emotions run back and forth. Although I have an accepting wife, it is exhausting leading a double life.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

You say we all try to deny the love of crossdressing but is that true?
    I have never had a problem with it. I love all aspects of my life but being Suzy is the icing on the cake of life for me.
    I get a deep sense of well being as Suzy. Why would I want to loose that!

SUZY
    Last edited by suzy1; 09-25-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Platinum Member
    There are several questions in your post. ONe question is whether or not we would choose. To this I believe that each of us, unless we suffer from some sort of obssessive-compulsive disorder, are able to choose whether or not we will dress. Your second question, in the end, is really whether one would remove the need or desire to CD if that were possible. When this question has been asked in the past, some people respond with a very strong "Yes", acknowledging that life would be easier if they weren't transgendered. Others, myself included, state that they have embraced this part of themselves and wouldn't give it up if they could.

Your last question is "Is it all worth it?" For some people, CDing may have contributed to unhappy lives and broken relationships. For others, life has been rewarding and our relationships surprisingly enhanced by our feminine nature. So, take your pick.

I agree with Becky77. Hate that I have to hide it, but no I wouldn't want to erase this part of me.

Banned Read only

Would You Choose NOT to Dress?

Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    I, like most, if not everyone, else here knows that your dressing isn't really something you choose it's more or less in our DNA. It's at our core being. BUT given the choice, would you choose to not dress? Would you prevent yourself from trying on that first addictive piece of clothing? Would you spare yourself the pain and anguish of your cd feelings that we all have of trying to deny that we love crossdressing? Or would you do it all over again knowing how expensive it is? Knowing terrifying it can be to go out in public?

I would choose to be a crossdresser, even if there were a pill that would remove the associated feelings and desires forever. Those feelings and desires are part of me. I would not shed them gladly!

At the recent Southern Comfort Conference, one of the seminars described the changes in level of transgender acceptance over the last decade. Today over 75% of the US states have non-discrimination laws that include transgender persons, not just lesbians and gay men. Corporations such as IBM, New York Life, and a dozen or more others have policies to insure that transgender persons are given a fair shake in hiring, salaries, promotions, and other personnel matters. Hate-crime laws at the federal level now include transgender persons. In sum, the level of acceptance over the last decade has improved more than it had in all prior US history. Given that positive trend, there is less and less reason to try to get rid of one’s core feelings and desires pertaining to crossdressing.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I was fine with not being transgendered for 55 years.

Then one day Tina showed up. It was clear she had always been there, but we hadn't been able to identify her. Now that we have, how can anyone deny a part of themselves? If I don't let her be her own person, I'm denying part of myself.

Sure, I think I'm a strong enough person to change any part of me if I have to, but there are some parts of me that would require a very severe situation before I would move to deny that part, and Tina is one of those!

Banned Read only
    Even before I login to this site, if at all possible, I am totally en femme. I sit in front of the screen dressed in a Passion Faith Love beautiful wrap dress, and, wonderful undergarments. (See that other perpetual thread for today's attire). That being said, yes, life would have been a lot less complicated if I was not a cross dresser. Sure, there are many things in life we all wish we could change, that is, have made a different decision. Bought a different house, in a different neighborhood. Bought a different car. Etc. Those were choices, no different than my choice of the color dress I felt like wearing today. They are choices with short term consequences. Sell the house and move. Buy a different car in five years. Return the dress.

Unfortunately, wearing a dress is not a decision that can be easily changed. My first interest in wearing anything feminine was when I was a single digit kid. In kintergarten my teacher complimented my cowboy shirt but called it a blouse. That really bothered me. As a little kid I thought she was really stupid. I was wearing a cowboy shirt. But, I found the slips my mom hanged to dry in the bathroom felt really nice. Nylon. Really, in the 1950's, what else was made of nylon. I fondled the fabric. Finally, I put one on. There was absolutely no sense of sexual arousal. So, what made me start to indulge myself later on with trying on my mother's bras, girdles, slips, stockings and then the dresses hanging in the communal closet? I don't know.

That's when the inner conflict started. Shame. Loathing. You know the drill. Am I gay? So, life would have been less stressful without cross dressing. But, cross dressing has been a stress reliever. If you ever have read my other comments, you know there is some combat related PTSD going on. So, I ended up indulging in cross dressing as a stress reliever, a coping mechanism. If I wasn't a cross dresser, would I abuse alcohol or drugs to cope? I don't know. Cross dressing is not expensive, and, has never been for me.

Right now I love being a cross dresser. I wish I could express myself more often.

If you could win the lottery would you try? If you could live your life as a blond and blonds have more fun....

Hypothetical questions always show up here and the fact is that no matter what you have the ability to choose no matter what it is. You need to breathe...that is not a choice that one should make to not do. you can choose not to eat or drink...whatever. Dressing IS a choice. No one threatens you with bodily harm if you don't. Thus it is really more an issue of self control and how well you can bypass the down side effects of not dressing. The majority here live with that everyday. They have to make a conscious decision to not be who they are (this applies to other things in life too. You have to be who you HAVE to be in daily life in order to survive usually). Maybe a better way of asking is "If you could make the desire and need go away would you?"

You will get 50/50 on that. Some find it a burden, an albatross. Others find it is what they are and have learned to live with it in whatever choice they make. You will also see that the older people here often will be the ones who say Hell NO. Because we have found that no matter what, life is short and after pleasing everyone else we realize that there are only two people in the world we really need to please, our SO's and ourselves (You can add children on there ..I just don't have any). And when it is all over, if you aren't happy, no one is happy around you.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

My answer is.....only if I could have been born a girl. I am not crossdressing because I enjoy the clothes, or because of some impulse I cannot resist. I have resisted many times in the past for years with hardly a thought of getting dressed up. I have for all of my life wanted to be a girl. That is the only change I would consider, if I could go back, be born a girl and live a normal female life.

As long as nothing else changes about my personality, I would choose not the CD that first time that got me hooked.

But, you never know what can happen later. Like if I were to dress for the first time this halloween, since it's "in the blood" then I would get hooked at that time, and have to learn to cope with the desire/urge.

But learning to cope when I was younger seems the better option.

Too many what ifs!

Would I want to remove the tendency now, like some magic pill? I don't know. I don't have a problem with myself, it is my wife that I would be thinking about. For her, yes.
    Last edited by DonnaT; 09-25-2012 at 12:39 PM.
    DonnaT

Have you ever consideered the "Butterfly Effect" I think it would apply here in reality. Changing the slightest thing in ones life would alter the next event or moment that follows. Maybe for the good maybe for the worse, but without question changed weather felt/recognised or not. I will spare the reputission from so many of the previous posters but Erica2Sweet summed it up perfectly for me too. There is no "crossdressing gene" anymore than any other one that makes someone do anything other than grow biolobicaly in a predetourmanded pattern. The life styles and habits we pickup are of our own choice and can be influanced but short of forced submission you make the choice for whatever reason. It is a shame when people that are so gifted or cursed if you think in those terms can't own their own decessions and blame everything from society to family and nature for their inability to do or not do, that simple. The complexity come in when we need to vendicate and justify our actions. I am the one that endears my choices and glad I don't need an excuse, only thing I would do is try an experiance more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Platinum Member
    Hi Briana, That's a hard question to answer at almost 70 and dressing for about 65yrs.
    it's just who I am and it's what I do.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Some days I would just choose to not be me. It would be so much easier.