Thread: The after effects

The after effects

Hello all,

I was wondering if others after being out and able to express yourself as a girl do you get depressed.

It is like being on a two week vacation in the Bahama's then you return to your regular life, it is tough to explain but noticed it nevertheless.

Or am i the only one?
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

I am someone who is really really close to being out. This thought actually has crossed my mind a few times. Its up there with my other fears of being out. I am already labeled with manic depression. (CDing actually relieves a lot of my mania, go figure lol) And as someone who has been fighting a long time with depression, im worried this may backtrack me.

No, Megan. I dont think you're alone with this.... Chin up, girl.
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

Quote Originally Posted by beamer View Post
    I am someone who is really really close to being out. This thought actually has crossed my mind a few times. Its up there with my other fears of being out. I am already labeled with manic depression. (CDing actually relieves a lot of my mania, go figure lol) And as someone who has been fighting a long time with depression, im worried this may backtrack me.

No, Megan. I dont think you're alone with this.... Chin up, girl.
    Thanks girl love your quote!
    Megan Martin

For a lot of us that aren't 24/7, it's the same thinking. But then it's our choice I guess.
    I go with two thoughts at times like this..
    1) It's better to have loved and lost, than to never loved at all. ( I just exchange the word "expressed" for "loved")
    2) I wouldn't mind the rat race -- if the rats would lose once in a while. ( I guess being expressing Stephanie is my way of the rats losing )

Platinum Member
    I get out quite often, both during the day and occassionally on evenings. I find that getting out during the day is as fufilling as those occassional nights out. But, I suppose that if I could only get out once every few months, I might feel a bit frustrated.

I see your point about the excitement of being out and about in dress then heading back to "normal". Being "in dress" makes the wild side of me come out and enjoy life and have fun, while the male side is dull and boring and has the responsibilities that the man should have. I do get a bit down, but I look forward to the next time that I go out and about. That is what keeps my energy up.

Frustration is depressing and not being able to express ones self is frustrating. After dressing and being out its always stress relieving and refreshing - gives me a feeling of well being and belonging and seems to never be long enough; morphing back to male mode is a let down and I just have to put it behind me and get back to "normal" and yes depressing.....sigh............................... .Debra

Ladies - thanks for the validation glad I am not alone.
    Now I guess I needed to add this tidbit cause did not really state how often I get out.
    About twice a month and typically 4-5 hours at a given time. I belong to the local chapter of Tri ess and another trans meet-up group to attend outings with others. Although my wife knows she rather not see me dressed so this limits my ability to do so when the feeling strikes while at home.

Again thanks so much for your input.
    Megan Martin

Stephanie - Love your two quotes and your so right the rats never lose.
    Megan Martin

Quote Originally Posted by meganmartin View Post
    Hello all,

I was wondering if others after being out and able to express yourself as a girl do you get depressed.

Or am i the only one?
    This is called a "drop". It is common in many things (as you said a vacation). It isn't unusual and is the body actually responding to the endorphins going away. When you are doing pleasurable things you get a "high". Pleasure response is chemical. A mind drug so to speak. How long this can be sustained depends on many things and the drop can be just as wild. With time the drop will decrease as you learn to control it (if that is what you want to do...some people like the drop as much as the high).
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I am only out to my wife and one close friend. My wife has commented several times how much happier I have been. I sleep better, and I am in better health. My wife accepts things how they are because she knows it makes me happy. She does not participate and I know she wishes I didn't crossdress, but she loves me so she accepts me the way I am. She is a good woman.

I do not go "all out" most of the time. Around her, its painted toes, capris, yoga pants, nighties, girly pajamas, and panties 24/7. No skirts or dresses, no bras (in front of her anyhow, she knows I have them).

I do occasionally get depressed a little, because I can't wear what I want anytime because of society, but that's all. Not near as much as I used to when I had to keep everything hidden.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never feel that way to be honest but I can dress any time I want so I think that has a lot to do with it.

I haven't ever felt depressed....usually too nervous to worry about after effects. When my wife and I get back home from going out I am just proud I was able to find the courage to even go out in public....trying to be passable to others is tough.

Joanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be who you are...not who you think I want you to be

I wouldn't say I get depressed, but when I have to go back to boy mode I am always thinking....oh these clothes are so ugly!

I think that for a lot of people it really just depends on what their personal restrictions are for going out that limits the frequency of their outings and maybe how far down that "T" road one is or may be going. I have the freedom to go out just about whenever I want to. So, I really do not feel any "drop", frustration or down feeling when I have to go back into male mode. Last week due to out of town visitors (the good "T" kind) I went out every night except one. I was actually looking forward to some down time in order to recover from all the fun I had.

More like wishing it did not have to end for whatever reason

Quote Originally Posted by bridget thronton View Post
    More like wishing it did not have to end for whatever reason
    Bridget,

Your so right that is exactly how I feel, although think as others have commented if i had no restrictions and was able to do when I wanted to the feeling would be less I am sure.

Thanks for your comments,
    Megan Martin

When I was young I got a high from wearing women’s clothes then when I went back to male mode I felt shame and guilt about enjoying wearing women’s clothes so much. Once I understood that this was who I was, I dress the way I want to with no shame or guilt. Just happy to be me.

No I never feel that way. I am glade I'm a man and love women. I enjoy dressing and going out as a woman. Each time I dress i get better at the entire woman thing and enjoy fooling a few people along the way. I even have fun with the ones that think I might be a man in women's clothing. It's all fun. I mostly dress because I love the way women's clothing feels. Soft, silky, pretty and so on. I can understand how some of us would want to dress all the time or even become a women. Not me though. Just little outings are good for me. I do very much look forward to dressing Susan up for a night out.
    Last edited by susangirl; 09-25-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Certainly there was a time in my life when disappointment would creep in when I ended a dressing session. But that has not been the case since I retired in 2004. Since that time I can pretty much choose to dress when I want to. I don't get depressed when the choice to dress or not is my own. I think depression comes more from a feeling that your destiny is not your own to guide.
    Phoebe

Aspiring Member

Depressed? Not for me...

Depressed after dressing? Does not work that way for me. I am on a mild antidepressant but I believe that if I could CD alot more that CDing in itself would be my cure! Everyone is different though...I do dislike having to go back into those "ruff" man clothes, though Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe Reece View Post
    Certainly there was a time in my life when disappointment would creep in when I ended a dressing session. But that has not been the case since I retired in 2004. Since that time I can pretty much choose to dress when I want to. I don't get depressed when the choice to dress or not is my own. I think depression comes more from a feeling that your destiny is not your own to guide.
    Phoebe, Think you hit the nail on the head...thanks for your comments.

You are wise beyond your years!
    Megan Martin

I definitely go through this... lately every single time I dress - even if it's for a short while. I have very little freedom to dress (occasionally left home alone kind of thing) so that limitation definitely feeds the depression. Often at night when I'm up late alone I'll dress and really don't want to go to bed... it's very frustrating lately, and for me I don't see any change imminent... There's a Crowded House song that goes "If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor..." and I think that applies to me with respect to many of you here... I see all the wonderful "situations" and the jealousy turns into depression for not having that myself. At the end of the day, I accept my role to suffer as the husband/provider for the good of my family, but it doesn't make it any easier.

VS Fan

I feel down if I am not dressing regularly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yes, every time I go away for my Sindee weekends the Sunday afternoon ride home is a progressive downer.
    Preference = Personal Perfection
    Sindee: Naughty by nature, Nice by choice.