Thread: Coincidence or bold statement?

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar

Coincidence or bold statement?

So I am driving home from work today, traffic was a bear as usual. I happened to look at the car in front of me right before my exit, and the license plate read ICD-DOU2. I read it as "I CD, do you too?" Now it could be a vanity plate from a sister of ours, but could also be some random person was assigned that number/letter combo by chance. Part of me wanted to drive by, honk and give the to the driver. But my ramp was coming up and I just followed my normal route. Any thoughts?

I would have to say that is a custom plate. That is a very unusual license plate, but then again, the sequences could vary from state to say. New York license plate are in AAA-0000 form. That is AAA-AAA0.
    “You can love someone so much… But you can never love someone as much as you miss them.”
    -John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

It's a nice plate. It's nice to think that the owner chose it, but that'd be a very brave thing to have 'advertised' on your car.
    Katie Taylor x

Maybe someone else will come up with some other meaning for that plate, but I read it just like you did. The owner of that car is someone who is very secure about who they are.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I say that it is bold vanity plate. Too many letters and not enough numbers to be anything else.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I wonder whether that person is on the forum?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

SWEET ,,,Never thought about a plate before ,,,,Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm ,,,Well,,,Well,,, New challenge ,,,, We shall see ?
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

What a great statement! I wish I was that bold I'm working on it but I have a way to go still.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

That is so cool! I don't know of anything else it could mean! I would be proud if that plate was mine!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I have had vanity plates before and to me that one you saw was certainly a statement...

Joanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be who you are...not who you think I want you to be

I have vanity plates on my P/U and horse trailer but not about CDing. I'd agree this was a bold and fresh statement.
    joank
    Southern California

I read it as "I can drive, do you too" perfectly innocent. If it is custom (vanity) either it is from a state that doesn't censor or the state did not interpret it the way we do. It would be banned in Colorado
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

If it is a bold statement from one of us, many people who do not think the way we do will not interpret it the way we do. Afterall, it could be the plates of a financial advisor or a recording engineer. Get it?
    Well, I am probably reaching there, but being a CDer, I would think it to mean cross dress.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Nice statement! But even though I have been into CD'g for many years, I never knew the term 'CD' - as identified with this community - until a few years ago. I seriously doubt whether most people outside this world would make that association. When most people see the IC together, they would read it as "I see".

I'm hoping it is what it looks like: a vanity plate for one of us proud of who they are; just sayin.....

Jamie

Not to be a thread-kill (or a kill joy?) but there are a LOT of other things it could be: http://www.acronymfinder.com/CD.html

Banned Read only
    Based upon the issuing sequences of alphabets and numbers for your state, you can figure out whether it is random or vanity plates. I suspect it is a vanity plate. I do not know what state in which you reside. In Washington State the license plate is public record. For several dollars you can request the name and address of the registered owner. Notification is sent to the plate holder. You and that person can get together! Or Not!

of course, there may be other things the initials 'cd" stand for...

Banned Read only
    I have a "CDing" plate. Have had a few over a long span. One doesn't need CD on their tag at all. Besides, as already mentioned, the possibilities are endless.

I Crave Donuts Do You 2.

Once a person learns to NOT FEAR QUESTIONS OF ANY KIND, life gets a whole lot easier.

What on earth is wrong with EDUCATING someone when or if they have a question?

If you don't know, you simply tell them you don't know.

Somehow... I have a sneaky suspicion that only people with personalized tags, ever bother to look at tags.

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    I saw the same car again today, I guess their maze through the rat race intersects with mine. This time I managed to complete the pass and give the thumbs up to the driver before my exit. I hope they took it as an answer to their question and not a 'thank you for letting me in' thumbs up. I think the posters that said def. a vanity plate are right on the nose. Whether it means the owner is a sister or not is unclear. If it was something more innocent or random selection, the poor owner is probably wondering why random people like me pass and honk while giving the thumbs up.

Hi Krista,
    I read it as you did. Interesting timing, as just yesterday, I was in traffic and a car came up along side me. I looked at the driver to find a male with manicured and colored fingernails. The shirt he was wearing did not portray any 'bumps', but when he turned to switch on the radio, the bra outline was clearly visible.
    I thought to myself - he must be building up the courage to venture out. I was pleased for him, whether it was true or not.
    Di

These are still available in Michigan!

IMXDRSSR
    TRANSVST
    TGTVTS2

I think it is a bold statement even if we are not totally sure of its original intent. I never thought to do something with my liscense plates, where I live they are very careful about what they allow. I did see a Michigan plate once on a hybrid car that read FK OPEC. It took me a little while to get it and laughed all the way home. Michigan must be much more leniet than where I live.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Perhaps a farmer looking for fellow tillers of the Earth? "I SEED, Do you too?????"

Or the kid from "The Sixth Sense? "I See Dead People, do you too?"

Or "DEE" is a person. I see Dee, do you too?
    Last edited by JaytoJillian; 09-27-2012 at 06:18 PM.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Or it could be: I use condoms, do you too?