Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accidentaly showed my doctor.

I think many medical professionals are used to just about anything.

Back when I had my physical the doctor removed a sock and notice my toes where painted, all she said was " nice color "
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

[QUOTE=Annette Todd;2971034]
    Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    We have a friend who is a nurse. She is constantly talking about the crossdressing and transgender people brought into the emergency room where she works. Not in a good way, either.QUOTE]

You might mention to this "friend" about the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act HIPAA. Health professionals at ALL levels must comply. It shows a complete lack of tact and professionalism to discuss these types of things about other people who have suffered trauma sufficient to be brought to an emergency room.

Forget the bra and panties! I wouldn't trust this woman to get me a glass of water!
    At my age, I've learned that it's wise to choose your battles. This would be a battle that's not worth fighting.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by meganmartin View Post
    I think many medical professionals are used to just about anything.

Back when I had my physical the doctor removed a sock and notice my toes where painted, all she said was " nice color "
    Do you know what later he told to nurse?
    I am not interesting what they will tel to anybody if that can not have consequence for my professional job.
    For us is very important not to care "what will they tell later" if there is no consequence for us directly. One my colleague on job has no good word for any person - normaly when he is with me - later he is talking bad things about me
    I don't wont to hurt anybody. I just wont to enjoy a life.

Anita - I admit sometimes I worry about that and my wife thinks sometimes I get to comfortable, but I am finally in a place in my life not ashamed of being a cross-dresser and if they want to talk about me it won't bother me one bit.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

Gold Member
    If I am not there, should I really care? If you worried about what others say behind your back, you may as well worry all the time. People talk behind other's back. Human nature. You can get upset about it or not sweat it.

You have to remember, Doctors see many people a day. I'm sure you aren't the most interesting story the doctor has to tell. I mean, if you were still wearing the bra, maybe you'd be a good story. But I highly doubt anything. My brother is a cop and he loves to tell stories, but there is never a named mentioned and usually never a physical description. I think everything will be just fine.
    “You can love someone so much… But you can never love someone as much as you miss them.”
    -John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

I have been to doctors tons of times and they barely notice anything. In the old days you had to take off your shirt and now they just listen through the shirt. Even when they are probing they seem to be looking away. Unless they were specifically looking at your skin there is a good chance no one saw anything.

I went to my family doctor years ago, I forget what for, but I had been going there since I was in grade school. Anyway, I had to remove my shirt and he asked me "Are you a swimmer?"
    I replied with "Yeah I swim sometimes but I'm not a professional swimmer. Why?"
    Doctor: "Why did you shave your chest?"
    Me: "Don't worry about it."
    That was the end of the conversation. I left with a clean bill of health then went home and had sex with my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by meganmartin View Post
    Anita - I admit sometimes I worry about that and my wife thinks sometimes I get to comfortable, but I am finally in a place in my life not ashamed of being a cross-dresser and if they want to talk about me it won't bother me one bit.
    I agree I am not interesed what another people are talking abut
    I don't wont to hurt anybody. I just wont to enjoy a life.

Doctors are just human. Some talk some don't, we can't control that.

Be who you are, be happy and don't worry about what others think.

In the end of it all what does it really matter?

Should have left it on an said while you put your back to the doctor ( Do u mind ) Maybe the Doc would have undone it for you ? BEHAIVE !!!!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

People who have rich, full lives could care less.

Aspiring Member
    FortunatelyI rarely have to visit a doctor, but my bra marks seem to be permanent. I wear an underwired bra most of the time, but occasionally have to go without for up to 6 days. Even at the end of 6 days without a bra there are marks corresponding to the lower part of the front of the bra. Anyone else get this? I am slim, with no surplus chest flesh and wear a 36B bra with forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Annette Todd View Post
    You might mention to this "friend" about the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act HIPAA. Health professionals at ALL levels must comply. It shows a complete lack of tact and professionalism to discuss these types of things about other people who have suffered trauma sufficient to be brought to an emergency room.
    HIPAA covers individually identifiable health information. "We had a crossdresser come into the ER today!" does not violate HIPAA. "John Smith came into the ER today, dressed as a lady!" violates HIPAA.

Yes, your healthcare providers may comment to friends, family, and/or associates about generalities, so long as identifying information is not shared, they are not in violation of HIPAA laws. Something to keep in mind if you're paranoid.

Read up on HIPAA here

Plus crossdressers are much more fun to talk about that sebaceous cysts, skin rashes, and ear infections at the bar after work.