Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well I did it! Used womans washroom dressed!

Well I did it! Used womans washroom dressed!

Well I did it!
    Back in late August I belive, I posted a question asking for advice on using the Ladies washroom in public, while dressed. I got lots of feedback, and I took everyones advice to heart.
    Now I can say with a light heart, I did it. I was in Kitchener on Monday dressed, and I used the Ladies washroom in 2 buisnesses. Well actually one buisness and the Mall, and I had no problems what so ever. I know a number of you said just go in as if you own the place, and that is exactly what I did.
    I'll post a couple of pics of the 2 drsses I bought in the Picture forum asap. Just wanted to "share" my news with all who answered my question.

Just remembered. WHen I went to the ladies washroom in the mall, there were a couple of GG Ladies already in there. Still no problems.
    Last edited by Daphne; 09-28-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    Daphne

You go girl bravo.......................
    You where born this way.

Wonderful news! congratulations and thank you for the update.
    when in doubt, smile

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]So I'm out with the girls at an Eagles's club and I noted the washrooms as Eagles and Eaglettes. Sure enough when I used one I noticed a couple of urinals. I sure thought that was strange for the women's washroom. When I left, sure enough I had used the wrong one! I must be getting old. Luckily no one else came in and my mistake was only laughed at privately![/SIZE]

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    That's an achievement Daphne but you won't be crossing it of the buckets list as long as you continue to venture out.

Wait for the time that the entrance door suddenly opens in front of you and you have a lady close to your face ... still gets the adrenalin going (happened to me today).

My point is do take care. We don't own the place.

Michelle

I hate using the mens room when dressed. But havent had the tits to use the womens either. I can almost pass and then having to use the mens rooms always gets looks.

Congratulations, Daphne! It's a big step to take and you have succeeded. Well done!
    Di

Way to go girl! One small step for womenkind! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Good for you, one day you won't even think about it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Best plan is to use a "unisex" or family restroom if one is available. If you are living as a female or "pass" as a female, the ladies restroom is probably OK. Regardless of how we feel, there are people out there who will take offense at a genetic male using the ladies restroom and may make an issue of it. Think of the guy who sends his young daughter into the ladies restroom and then you (a man or "pervert" in his eyes) come walking out.

If you obviously don't pass or are a "man in a dress", you should probably use the mens room.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    Hi Daphne, And the world didn't stop turning that's great.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I posted this on another thread yesterday under the topic of "affirmation" when out and about en femme which was started by Susan LCD. It bears repeating here as it is very relevant to the topic at hand:

"But my most delicious memories are of a couple of incidents last year involving women's washrooms. In the first case, I was at a theatre performance that had just ended, and as expected, all the GG's made a beeline for the washrooms. I patiently stood in line with them waiting for my turn, and just as I reached the front of the queue, a GG emerging from a stall way at the back of the washroom helpfully waved to me to indicate that hers was now available.

In the second instance, I was in a mall washroom fixing my makeup and wig along with a couple of other GG's who left shortly after I had entered. In the midst of being busy with my own "repair work", I heard a noise in one of the nearby stalls, followed by a GG softly calling out to me for assistance. Seems that she had discovered too late that the toilet paper dispenser in her stall had run out of paper and she was in a fix. Hearing my startled "Who? Me?" response, she then asked if I might be so kind as to pass some toilet paper from another stall to her under the door. This was a new one on me, but evidently, this type of thing is not uncommon in the ladies' washrooms. I happily obliged, continued on with my business, and before leaving, asked if she was all right now - to which she replied in the affirmative and thanked me again. I never did get to see her face-to-face - the proverbial "Strangers in the Night" scenario - LOL!, and I wonder what her reaction would have been had she known that it was actually a crossdresser who had stepped in and saved the day for her. No doubt, she wouldn't have had a huge issue with sharing the ladies' room with one in this instance, given the circumstances."

Bottom line - if you are dressed properly, are at least able to blend in, and have gotten over your initial fears, using the women's washroom becomes routine and you just never know what interesting situations you might come across. Just be aware that women are far more social than men and are much more apt to strike up a conversation there, so as long as you are prepared for that, you should be fine.

The only caveat for me is that I tend not to go into the women's washrooms when little girls are present. Maybe I'm being overly cautious, but you never know how Mama Bear will react if she reads you and suspects that you are in there for pervy reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    ......... The only caveat for me is that I tend not to go into the women's washrooms when little girls are present. Maybe I'm being overly cautious, but you never know how Mama Bear will react if she reads you and suspects that you are in there for pervy reasons.
    I think you have more to worry about from Pappa Bear.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I know it is important to be able to go to the washroom in public, but I also know that one of the big stumbling blocks on accepting transwomen in mainstream life is this idea of glorifying the ladies' washroom, and of wanti g to visit it as a 'shrine' rather than a place to do your business and get out.

Please don't treat the place as a novelty toy. We all feel kind of exposed in there.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I think you have more to worry about from Pappa Bear.
    Not if Papa Bear is in the ladies' washroom along with me! Odds are that he will then be a CDer like me, and he'll have my back, just like a wing-man...err... wing woman

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babeba View Post
    I know it is important to be able to go to the washroom in public, but I also know that one of the big stumbling blocks on accepting transwomen in mainstream life is this idea of glorifying the ladies' washroom, and of wanti g to visit it as a 'shrine' rather than a place to do your business and get out.

Please don't treat the place as a novelty toy. We all feel kind of exposed in there.
    I feel the same way its a private place to most women so if you are presenting as female so go in do your business and get out.

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I feel the same way its a private place to most women so if you are presenting as female so go in do your business and get out.
    But don't be rude chit chat between stalls is perfectly normal :-)

I'd check the laws in your state regarding this, In Michigan I am required to use the mens room as is represented on my drivers license no matter what I am wearing or how I look, IT IS ok to ask permission first !! if you hang around in gay friendly or accepting places, of coarse they don't care, you walk in the ladies room with some woman and her daughters in a mall store, could create an embarrassing and legal problem for you

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    If you are dressed to look like a woman, you should be using the women's restroom!! I did it for many years, all over the U.S.A.! Now that my dear wife has passed on, I no longer have her to do my makeup and fix my wig. so I go out in public dressed enfemme, but looking like the man that I am. Obviously I use the men's restroom!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

As Babeba alludes, the ladies' restroom is just another restroom. It's just like the men's restroom, except for the missing urinal. Otherwise, there just ain't no difference. It's not a playground. Go in, get done, get out.

When Susan is out in the world, she uses either the family/unisex or the ladies' restroom. Restaurants and convenience stores typically don't have family rooms, so, most often, it's the ladies' room. But, like Leslie said, if you act properly, good things can happen.

In the ladies' restroom at a local mall, I recently heard a woman talking with her child near the washbasin. Finished in the stall, I approached the counter to clean up and check makeup. As I drew nearer, I could see that the woman had a 1+ year old toddler in a stroller and was cleaning him up. He was wearing much of his lunch, which had apparently consisted of french fries. Ketchup was the main problem and the mess on the washbasin counter showed that she had spent significant effort there.

I couldn't find a good spot to set my purse on the counter. So, without saying anything, I set about removing the paper towels and cleaning the sink area she had been using so we weren't surrounded by wadded up mess. Seeing what I was doing, she apologized for the mess. I said "No worries. I can handle the sink." I agreed that her son was much more important than the sink and she was putting her efforts where they should be.

As she was preparing to leave, she thanked me profusely and told her toddler to "say thank you." I smiled at him, bent closer, and, in a comical tone, said, "Ketchup's fun, isn't it?" His mother and I both chuckled and she exited the restroom, thanking me, again. After washing and checking makeup, I left, too.

We talk of "blending in", but, we need to realize that means more than appearance. It includes respect and, if we give it, we'll usually get it back, even in the restroom.
    Susan

"Not sure who I am, yet. But, I'll let you know..."

I don't think I would do that. Even though I am presenting as a woman I kind of think the real women going in there do not want a man (even one who looks female) in there with them. Out of respect I would either wait or use the combined type of restroom.

better off to go into unisex or family washroom, just less complicated that way, going out on a bit of a limb that could backfire

I felt a disturbance in the Force; oh, wait, that was gas. Good for you!

Daphne, great for you!!!!! Some stores have the best ladies rooms. Just this week used the ladies dressing rooms. What a rush.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Bottom line - if you are dressed properly, are at least able to blend in, and have gotten over your initial fears, using the women's washroom becomes routine and you just never know what interesting situations you might come across. Just be aware that women are far more social than men and are much more apt to strike up a conversation there, so as long as you are prepared for that, you should be fine.
    IMO this is an excellent piece of advice. I only ever use the women's restroom when I am en femme. Usually my wife comes with me but not always. Be aware there are subtle differences and remember in busy locations, you might have to wait in line so be prepared, you may have to use you femme voice.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!