Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many CD's dress purely for the fun of it?

I always brings a smile to my face. Actually the best part has to be the shopping.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Aspiring Member
    Curiosity provided the initial urge to try on a few things. I found it was fun and provided a lot of unique and different sensations as well as leading to an expanded level of curiosity. So I kept doing it over and over. I still dress more than 60 years later because I still enjoy myself when doing so. When I overdo it, it tends to become a bit boring and tiring, so I put it aside for a while, and resume when I begin to feel the urge to experience once again those sensations that have become just a memory. I wouldn't want to play golf every day, or eat the same meal every day, no matter how much I enjoyed those things, and the same is true of crossdressing.

So I dress purely for fun, and am totally a man regardless of what I am wearing.

Veronica

I too dress because I like the feel of women's clothing and my wife is ok with it.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Its always fun, and only recently have I learned to enjoy dressing down,
    When I first started this adventure I had to have dresses because they were the mark of femininity!
    Then I discovered skirts/skorts and tops, (they are fun too but I always get hollered at because I don't match!)
    Now I have found that shorts are wonderful too. Just this past week I was at Walmart and bought a pair of wonderful shorts (4.5" leg) and some simple t shirts.
    I wore the combo yesterday with no makeup and I thought I looked pretty nice.... AND my wife said gee you look pretty girly even without trying. YIPEEE.
    Made my day.
    But the best is always getting all done up for an evening, with makeup, hose and heels. That's when I feel the prettiest, and that's whats its about for me.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

It's not that I don't enjoy the time I spend dressed, but if it where not for the compulsion to do it, I'd be having fun in many different ways, and dressing in womens clothes would not be one of them. I do it to fulfill a need, not for fun.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Obviously as seen by my adventures and dressing styles, I dress for FUN!!!

Oh yes for fun here too!
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I don't think we dress because it's fun - we are compelled from within to dress. Then, we find that dressing is fun.
    Nicole, I don't feel that I have ever dressed because I was compelled to do so from within!! I dress enfemme simply because I like to!! There is no compulsion at all. I run my body and my life, the body doesn't run it for me!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Add me to those who C/D "for the fun of it"..... and who have a SO who is most accomodating.... and who finds that there's plenty of fun in life together (including my C/D-ing.....)....

Banned Read only

There Are Different Ideas About What Is Fun!

Crossdressing is merely the act of wearing clothing and other accessories commonly associated with the other sex within a particular society. People who find that fun keep doing it; those who don’t quit. The term is vague, omitting any specification of motives. The motive may be to express cross-gender feelings; however, some people do it as a way of sexually arousing themselves prior to masturbation, for purposes of disguise, for purposes of stage performance, or for purposes of attracting “crossdresser admirers.” There probably are others, too. Acting based on any of these motives could be called “doing it for fun.” I’m sure that the transvestic fetishist is having a great time!

I, too, do it for fun! But for me, fun is expressing a feminine aspect of myself. That is MY fun, especially if I can create a satisfying image via clothing and accessories. I suspect that this is Stephanie’s motive, too. (Correct me if I’m wrong.) All I would add is that most crossdressers who keep doing it year after year have one main motive — or perhaps a mixture of two or more motives. If they keep doing it, though, then they must be having fun! So all of us could answer Stephanie’s question by saying, “Me too!” even though our ideas about what is fun might be very different.

I think that an interesting question would be: “If you are doing it for some reason OTHER THAN having at least some degree of a transgender identity, then what is your motive? If you have a secondary motive as well as a primary motive, what is your combination of motives, and does that combination bring you more enjoyment than any single motive would bring?”

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I find it great fun and a challenge to be able to pull off looking as the fairer sex.
    With many years wondering what was wrong with me or in a constant battle dealing with my gender identity I find CDing a nice way to have the best of both worlds.
    I can be a guy or a girl just depends on how I feel that day as far as dressing the part.
    I'm still more a girl on the inside and have to force my guy side out when its called for.
    Lately I have been happy just being the mix of both leaning more to the girly side.That seems to be normal to me.

When I read the title of this thread I thought "why wouldn't you do it just for the fun of it?". Perhaps I don't understand the question, or perhaps the "condition". I know that I do it for the fun of it.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I don't think we dress because it's fun - we are compelled from within to dress. Then, we find that dressing is fun.
    These are my thoughts exactly.

My little girl side is lots of fun. I was deprived of living this side of me as a little boy.
    My woman side of me is my default side.
    There's a line between fun, and self identity, and I crossed it somewhere.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Ann View Post
    I think that an interesting question would be: “If you are doing it for some reason OTHER THAN having at least some degree of a transgender identity, then what is your motive? If you have a secondary motive as well as a primary motive, what is your combination of motives, and does that combination bring you more enjoyment than any single motive would bring?”
    Jamie Ann,

In all the years that I have been crossdressing, I have never thought of myself creating a satisfying image of femininety! I don't know that I have a motive for dressing enfemme. I dress enfemme simply because I like to!! I don't wear makeup or a feminine wig, so I am definitely a man who is wearing feminine clothes!! Because I like to, and there is no law that says I can't wear that clothing!

When my late wife was alive and doing my makeup and fixing my wig, she could really make me look a real Stephane!! Now that she is gone, I go out dressed as I mentioned It is fun for me, and that is all that counts!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I dress enfemme because it makes me so vary happy. And heck yah its fun.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

If it was work I DAM SURE wouldn't do it ,,,, It would be flower sacks an hand me downs ,,,, Whatever to get by ,,,, Thank God it's not ,,,LOL,,,, Shopping ? Ill get my Purse ,,,,LOL,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I dress for the pure fun of it. The thought of dressing, when I get a chance, always gets my juices flowing. I just enjoy the feeling of the soft and silky clothing. I enjoy the men watching me walking through the parking lot, or mall. It's all good.

Silver Member
    I used to think that I dressed only for the fun of it. I have to agree that it is always fun for me, but I am happier, feel sexier, more at peace.
    Last edited by heatherdress; 10-08-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Shortended

Makeup addict!
    I dress for the fun of it. No real emotional attachment to it

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Nicole, I don't feel that I have ever dressed because I was compelled to do so from within!! I dress enfemme simply because I like to!! There is no compulsion at all. I run my body and my life, the body doesn't run it for me!
    Stephanie, you have been consistent over the years, your many posts denying any internal compulsion to dress, and claiming that crossdressers can quit if they want to. If so, then you are different than the rest of us. But then, I wonder if it's really so. You sound like a life-long hopelessly-addicted smoker who claims to be able to quit if you want to, but won't quit because you enjoy it so much. Where does the desire to dress come from, if not from within?

I'm with Nicole here. We can all say, I don't have a motive, I just want to. That means you have a motive!

Being unaware that you are internally wired to enjoy it doesn't change the fact that it's not a choice.

The question might more usefully have been, how many CDs feel they are still 100% male. Not me; yes this is fun and no I do not want to go for reassignment, but I recognise Rachel has always been a part of me in ways I don't see in many other men. My wife loves that I am both male and female and fully supports and participates. As for stopping, yes i could but I'd be deeply deeply miserable.
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Flowers View Post
    We can all say, I don't have a motive, I just want to. That means you have a motive!
    I'd say, I do it because it makes me feel more like myself.

It's a little like music. If I don't make music or participate in it in some way, after a few days, I start to feel alienated from myself. Unless I'm really tired, it just feels so good to pick up the guitar or play something on the piano, even if I'm not satisfied with how it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Flowers View Post
    The question might more usefully have been, how many CDs feel they are still 100% male.
    The only way I can understand "feeling male" is about anatomy and social brainwashing. Since that hasn't changed, I can't see myself as anything but male. (I'm aware that there are people who feel themselves in their essence to be "male" or "female," but I can't grok it.)

What's more, my body is, to put it mildly, not exactly androgynous. It doesn't matter what I do, i"m going to look like a man in a dress, and I'd just look (and feel) stupid if it looked like I was trying to pass as a woman. So I go with the "man in a dress" look instead.

As to my inner self, I've never associated a gender with it. In terms of personality and outlook, I think I'm probably a mix of what is considered "male" and what is considered "female," but since I don't think of any of my characteristics as either "male" or "female," it doesn't affect how I see myself.

I think I agree with you Asche. Many CDs report they "feel female" and drift down the spectrum towards reassignment. Some refer to themselves as "part-time girls". Like you I will never pass and will like the great Eddie Izzard, always look like "blokein a dress" too, (though I flatter myself that I'm a lot prettier than him!) I am finding that dressing up brings me more closely in touch with the Rachel elements within me. I understand and agree with your music analogy as I am a musician too. Associating "feminine" with those parts of my personality is partly social because of course society has regarded those attributes as attributes of women and tended to require men to be more, well, stupid and violent, neither of which pushed my buttons.
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x

I dress for stress release, helps me to forget the world for a little bit and escape to a more peaceful place