Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Wondering, an unscientific poll

Wink Just Wondering, an unscientific poll

Although I am relatively new here, I was just wondering something. Having read many posts I know that many of you girls love to dress all the way, ie fully done make-up, all the necessary under garments, dresses, blouses etc. or not at all. Others seem to be happy just wearing one or two items without all the rest. I do enjoy getting fully dolled up every so often when the mood and time strikes. But more often than naught I am just as happy to put on a bra, cami and panties with sometimes a little make-up, ie some light mascara and lip gloss and I am just as happy.

So ladies, the question is where do you fit in this spectrum?

Thanks for your replies and hugs to you all

Hi,

For myself , well it really does not matter what i wear. though i prefer my Renaissance garb . = clothes, i make all my clothes so when done makeing sewing & so on i can wear them. & with about 200 others when we have our week together. i know its not about being a dresser. yet this is only one aspect of my life.

I allso wear Edwardian clothes as well so my dressing is a little more than just the clothes, its being with others who love doing similer & its fun.

Most days im dressed in my normal womens clothes , now you said getting dolled up. does not do much for myself , so just lippy & eyebrow liner, & thats it. where ever i go.

My facial features dont lend much as in looking like a woman so i just live with that & really it does not matter any way because im just accepted as a normal woman who's part of our community yes im a little different yet does not bother others no matter were i go. my avatar shows what i look like any way, & as summer is pretty much here & with some lovely sunny days ill be wearing my head wear,

This does not tell you every detail of myself it does give you an idear,

...noeleena...

i guess i kinda feel the same as you. when i do dress, i like to dress a to z. but when i can't dress, i am just as happy under-dressing or even just knowing
    my toe nails are painted!
    paula

Your poll truly is unscientific when you exclude people such as me, who do not see ourselves as female at all.
    When will posters learn to use inclusive language?
    OK. Rant over.

I wear female things that feel appropriate. I'm not expressing myself to anyone else. I feel like I'm supposed to dress, and appear as a girl, so when I see myself, that's what I see. As I don't have a lot of mirrors around the house, I don't use make up because we don't notice our own faces in normal life. But everything else is female attire (clothes, shoes, jewelry, watch), and oh, I do polish my nails when I'm dressed as a girl.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Around the house I just dress comfortable, skirt and top little makeup! If I'm going into town then it's the whole nine yards!!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

When I'm just lounging around the house I wear makeup about 99% of the time, even if it's only lipstick.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Im a full timer,100% with the works 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    Your poll truly is unscientific when you exclude people such as me, who do not see ourselves as female at all.
    When will posters learn to use inclusive language?
    OK. Rant over.
    I only use vague language, this includes both exclusive and inclusive language.
    It also includes indecisive and then maybe it doesn't.
    To answer the question....
    I generally dress to complete the theme. ie. woman.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You just need to look at my avatar to see my preference. Of course, like any woman, I don't always wear full makeup just around the house doing chores, but if I go out I certainly do. This is not a fetish for me, it's an expression of who I am.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I like to dress up fully about once per week. For me, the clothes are a means to an end, as I would have transitioned twenty years ago if the timing was better. Now, after living a good portion of my life as pretty metro and style conscious male, I can't imagine giving up my boy life, so my compromise is to sit on the fence and hop back and forth in genderland....none of this is easy.....

Back in my 20's or 30's I'd only occasionally dress, and that would be only a few pieces of clothing. Never knew how to do makeup and didn't own a wig. After I got serious about this in my 50's I learned how to apply makeup over several years and bought a number of wigs. Now I almost never get dressed without going 100% female. And I almost never dress when I'm just going to be around the house....I've got to get out!

Tangerine "So ladies, the question is where do you fit in this spectrum?"

clayfish "When will posters learn to use inclusive language? OK. Rant over."

Sorry but in the Male To Female Crossdressing section this is perfectly acceptable language. Whether or not you consider yourself a lady, you are dressing like one. It's like saying Dude or Guys on the Female To Male section. Put your big girl panties on.
    Sally

Pretty much all of nothing...... if I can't find 6 or 8 hours of free time to get fully enfemme..... which lately has been super rare.... sigh....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    For me it's full dress, if you will, although I don't dress to the nines unless I'm going out on the town.

after getting home from work i shower and then dress in panties, blouse and shorts or capres. My So does care for me to put on a bra. Then at bed time i wear either a satin or cotton nightgown. And on saturday evenings i get fully dress except for make-up. I do wear lipstick and jewelry that goes with the outfit i'm dressed in. We are due to go on vacation soon so i'll dress fully with make-up for going out to eat and shop

I dress endogenously most of the time in the theory that it will stop most of my hunger pains so to speak but every so often it is just not enough and i get this great desire to go a lot further with it , this morning was one of those occasions when I went out and started to see other females and how they were dressed it hit me and I had this overwhelming desire to be one of them , and I do not mean just the dressing , it sucks sometimes being TG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I would love to get decked out to the nines, but seeming as i have not venture any deeper that nail polish in the makeup dept., I usually dress as much as i can where for the days events.
    If am getting my boys or doing some errands, I usually have on panties and a cami that doesn't show to much under my overshirt.
    For the days where I am alone, then I go all the way with panties, bra, cami (optional) with a shirt and some jeans with heels... or one of my two dresses, either/or. I have enlisted the help of a GG to help with makeup ( i would rather have hands-on help than DYI ). Once the makeup issue is tackled, then I will try my first night out with the girls ( my GG friend )!

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne f View Post
    I dress endogenously most of the time in the theory that it will stop most of my hunger pains so to speak but every so often it is just not enough and i get this great desire to go a lot further with it , this morning was one of those occasions when I went out and started to see other females and how they were dressed it hit me and I had this overwhelming desire to be one of them , and I do not mean just the dressing , it sucks sometimes being TG
    I have these moments too. Sometimes it is so overpowering, that it gets to be too much. But then there are days where i feel a lttle of about things. Its my form of PMS I guess. It hits more than once a month, but it makes me just a @#%$#... Rather have that the the constant panic attacks though.
    Last edited by Sandra; 09-29-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: merged consecutive post, please use edit function
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

I generaly just like to sit around the apartment in bra,panties,slip,stockings(no pantyhose)and heels maybe some makeup but being fully dressed not really a issue.

I work from home, so on work days I dress professionally, skirt and top or dress with light make-up. When flying under the radar, I stick with panties and a cami and toes painted in clear nailpolish.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Out and about totally femme if I am out of town otherwise comfy and quick.

I do wear make-up around the house with some form fitting lounge-wear (usually a cap sleeve shirt and some lounge pants). I always put on make-up because I am usually at any moment going to do something for a while outside home which would require me to wear a skirt, pants or leggings with a matching top. I do this every weekend.

Banned Read only
    While I do have various outfits, I usually save them for whenever I know I will be at home for an extended period of time without visitors. As it turns out, that happens most often in the winter. My wife is usually around. However, I don't do make-up and I only own one wig that I've worn once (Halloween party several years ago). It was originally left by my first wife when we separated, but I wasn't dressing then. Anyway, usually it is guy clothes over fem undergarments.

I love getting fully dressed with some lipstick abd blusher when time allows which is not very often. Today just 10 minutes in heels, skirt and a baggy top. Every minute helps!
    Last edited by Joanne.England; 09-29-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    If and when I do get a chance to dress, I do the works (except maybe for nails). I really have no interest in adding femme touches to my guy self or wearing a dress without wig and makeup.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    When I do have the opportunity to dress, I dress completely, wig, make up, bran and foundation garments. The way I look I need all the help I can to look half way fem.