Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Wondering, an unscientific poll

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    Now I almost never get dressed without going 100% female. And I almost never dress when I'm just going to be around the house....I've got to get out!
    Me too. If I am dressing fully, then 99% of the time it's because I am going out somewhere. I don't partially dress at home anymore except if you consider wearing girls jeans and a girls t-shirt with a bra and panties "dressing". For me that's my normal everyday clothes and is therefore "my boy mode"
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Dressing is like sex for me, Bev. If I don't have the time or am not willing to make the effort to go ALL THE WAY, why even bother?

Of course, it only takes me 10 seconds to put my face on!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

i underdress a lot and it has curbed my appetite for full dress until i have the time

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    Your poll truly is unscientific when you exclude people such as me, who do not see ourselves as female at all.
    When will posters learn to use inclusive language?
    OK. Rant over.
    I believe it's hard for everyone to be inclusive. We (and by we I am referring to all people) all have a bias that our understanding of ourselves and the world is to some extent shared by everyone else.

In this case, I am interpolating the question by assuming Tangerine is seeking to understand where others fall within the spectrum, with an underlying assumption that people who tend to wear one or two items of clothing trend toward the male self identification, and people who go "all the way" trend toward a more female identification.

My view may also be biased.

I am sure there are threads that are seeking to educate all of us on how to be more inclusive. I think transgender awareness across the spectrum comes with experience and information. I have to believe that Tangerine is trying to understand he or she (pronouns are so hard) falls relative to everyone else, either in terms of triangulating him/herself or is attempting to find self acceptance that there are others on either end of the spectrum relative to her/him.

I think we should all attempt to be as inclusive as possible, but I also think humans are biased creatures. I am not sure what the correct approach is toward education, so I don't know if your response is in the right place or voice...I suppose I'm discussing it, right, so that's good?

Tangerine to answer your question...

I wear panties 24/7 and my toenails are usually painted. I wear female trouser socks instead of male dress-socks etc. That's just how I manage the day to day gender-related dissonance which is very, very real.

When I am getting formally dressed up for a night, I can and often go "all the way"! Makeup, perfume and everything in between.

Some nights I am perfectly happy in a cotton pullover or some girlyish shorts and a t-shirt.

Unless it's an extreme case (like on a vacation with other people outside of our immediate family) my body is connected to something physically considered "female". Sometimes it's just underwear, sometimes it's everything I can get my hands on. Just depends on the day and my set and setting.

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

If I can't do it properly I won't do it at all. So much of the time I have too much going on to CD, just throwing on a dress or panties doesn't do it for me. That said I maintain my nails, eyebrows etc. Shaving is my biggest bane I get bad rash from ingrown hairs which means I can't remain clean shaven all the time. Stubble = man in my world.

So i'm in the all-or-nothing bracket.

All or nothing for me. How can I judge myself if the look isn't complete?
    Hugs,

Zoe

Banned Read only
    Normally I rarely spend beyond a full minute starting from full naked till grabbing my keys. Unless I am going to tuck of course. Then It might take another minute or so. Usually I just leave it hanging out because it's a lot cooler that way.

Some shirts work equally well tucked or out. THAT's my toughest decision about getting "dressed".

To or not to tuck.... that is the question.

For me, it is always "all the way".
    Hugs, Carole

There is so many aspects to consider when you answer this after thinking it through. Most of what I ha ve read in the replys are from those of us that want to protray a realistic appearance. The biggest differance I see is how each of us view ourself and to what extent our of dressing it takes to complete the look we want not actually need to to fit the setting. And that don't always mean fitting in or appropriate. I also have seen where many of us also are more into proving something to ourselves than excepting the tuth as to what we are and our limitations. So actualy blending without being clocked does eleminate the need for exceptance and making over dressing a mute point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

All or nothing for me. I know everyone's different it just doesn't make sense to not go all the way. That's like being half man/half woman. I'm like..one or the other, complete.

Hi - Interesting question - sometimes I just don't know what to put to fully answer these, but here goes:

Clothes: Depends on the occasion. Sometimes like to wear a blouse/skirt, dress, casual, jacket ... using nice flip-flops until I can get pumps my size. Often like to wear casual top and capri-length pants. Had lots of women's clothes given to me this summer - discovering many now that the weather's getting cooler. ... ... Yesterday wore dude look (jeans, ball-type cap, sneakers), except for fuschia lowcut tshirt-type blose, and magenta women's raincoat. (Think that invoked mixed reactions - one of my most daring in-public looks except for purposely transgender events.)

Makeup - going slow on that - one GG I know did my eyes/lashes/brow for me recently, and so I'm looking more into makeup (as I can afford things)

Jewelry - won a nice set of earrings at a party game - need my ears pierced. Also my daughter let me have a bead braclet, but I can't find it. Don't want to go overboard with jewelry, but they'd make lovely gifts.

Lingerie: Like to use a bra with shoulder pads, either for a size-C-ish look, or to keep the bra from itching or hurting. Love comfortable panties (plus panty/shorts combo), but often just wear men's briefs underneath. Have a nice black short-nightgown (chamise?) that I often wear to bed. It's definitely getting cool enough for panty-hose, but I think size Q is too tight because of my big feet; slacks under skirt might work instead.

I might edit this post later with more info.
    Thanks ps: I borrowed a wig for the photo, but growing my hair out - want it long enough for a dude-ponytail or fem-hairstyling.
    Last edited by brenne; 09-29-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: info on hair

All the way for me. I want the complete experience.

Hi Tangerine,

I am at every point on the spectrum I guess depending on the situation I am in. Just got back from a gig with one of my bands and I am in male attire and just too cream crackered to change... I need to go to bed, but my mind is buzzing in post-gig high, si I am on the forum winding down. Tomorrow I will dress when working in my office, but no make-up as I will need to mix with my wife and daughter at various points of the morning. Also need to visit my mother... that will be male clothes outside and probably underdressed. Family afternoon and evening meal so male attire and then dressed working in my home office on the evening. When I have the time to myself, I will do the full transformation, but have little opportunity these days.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Platinum Member
    If I cannot be totally en femme I will not even try. A pretty dress, bra, panty, full slip, hosiery, heels and wig are a must.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
    Having read many posts I know that many of you girls love to dress all the way, ie fully done make-up, all the necessary under garments, dresses, blouses etc. or not at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine
    So ladies, the question is where do you fit in this spectrum?
    Tangerine, thanks for asking. As an aside, I don't at all mind being addressed as a lady, woman, girl or gurl... I take it as a compliment, 'cause that's the appearance I'm attempting to achieve.

I always dress completely, from undergarments to jewelry. I don't normally wear foundation, powder, and blush... always eyeshadow, mascara, and lipstick, though...

A really good question, and I'm always interested in what satisfies the femme need for others.

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    Your poll truly is unscientific when you exclude people such as me, who do not see ourselves as female at all.
    When will posters learn to use inclusive language?
    OK. Rant over.
    Hon, you may not see yourself as "female at all" but that's not the way the world views you. Maybe, you should make a closer examination of the reflection in the mirror and think deep thoughts about the person at whom you're looking.

Platinum Member
    Hi Tangerine, If I can't dress all the way then it's not worth my time.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!