Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: would you take the ultimate step?

would you take the ultimate step?

Would you as a cross dresser ever take the ultimate step take female hormones and have your male bits removed and replaced with female bits and become 100% female

My female name is sophia feel free to call me either freddie or sophia

Silver Member
    Sweetie? This is a crossdressing forum. Crossdressers like to wear women's clothes, not BE women.

If I ever felt as the TS girls do then absolutely! I would do everything in my power to make the outside reflect the inside.
    To an extent I do that now, but it's only temporary and perhaps that is the best place for me at this point in time.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have worked very hard to amalgamate ALL of my feelings, so I no longer feel the need to do that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I am a CD and as such I have a feminine and a masculine side within me. I was born male and can present female. So for me the answer is no.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

If I was twenty and felt like I did when I was I would seriously consider in this day and age.
    Today I would still be accepted as a candidate for SRS.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If I wasn't married and younger. I would be thinking about it.
    Angie

Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight.
    "... become 100% female"? I could never become female. When I talk with women, I am frequently conscious/reminded of the fact that I don't think like them or see the world like them. This can be true whether they are talking about shallow topics (such as a new hairstyle or who is dating whom at work) or they are talking about deep topics (be it child-rearing or politics).

When I talk with my BFF, I can see that she not only has a female mind, but had one even before she transitioned - in other words, she was always a woman and saw the world from a female perspective, even before her body was in agreement with what we generally consider a person with "female bits."

I may have more insight and empathy into women than most men. And I have no doubt a constant influx of female hormones would influence my mind and my thoughts, but I don't believe that could fully change my brain to a female brain.
    If only our families and friends could be as supportive as our bras!

Yes I have always wanted to. It is a terrifying thought because once you step through the door you cannot go back, but I am seriously thinking about taking some first steps toward that door.

I truly like my duality, why mess up a good thing.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcia Blue View Post
    I truly like my duality, why mess up a good thing.
    This is where I'm at ATM.

This question has been asked here a hundred different ways in many forum threads here. For me the answer is simple....NO,NO WAY, NEVER. I am a crossdresser. I am not a transexual. Only a transexual would want to do all the things you ask.
    I like my maleness as well as my feminine self. I would not want to give up either of them. A crossdresser lost in the pink fog might, but not a typical crossdresser.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Whether I want my duality or not, it exists and the only barrier was understanding that it does exist. Having gained and accepted that understanding life has become wonderfully more complicated, and very much richer! If I were to change my body's look and chemistry to match a woman more closely, I'd probably have to crossdress the other way!

Silver Member
    Taking hormones is not the ultimate crossdresser step as many have pointed out.

Banned Read only
    I have taken the ultimate step, years ago. Life is great for me. Life is what YOU make it.

Freddie, I think that can be a question for a lifetime for crossdressers. For many, the answer is clear, for some, the answer maybe a thought, a possibility, a desire, and for some, it's becomes a reality.

For me, I'm gay, I like to dress. I guess many would say, you're practically a a woman already. Not so! I know I am male. I like being male. I have no desire to be a woman. I however realize that I may not possess the traditional masculine character or mental psyche of the majority of men, str8 or gay. I feel I have a strong feminine side to my character,sensibility but in as such, my femininity can only be actualized by being male. Strange, confusing, and dichotomous indeed! I am very much male, and possess some very masculine attributes, sensibilities, and mental mannerisms. But, with me, there is always a BUT. With me, I can only complete my masculine self by allowing my feminine side be expressed.

I guess that's the long answer, one of my feminine traits, I love to write, talk, express. The short masculine answer, NO WAY, BRO!
    Last edited by TxCassie; 09-30-2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: grammer

have thought of hormones but don't think i want to go past the point of noreturn

Quote Originally Posted by freddie View Post
    Would you as a cross dresser ever take the ultimate step take female hormones and have your male bits removed and replaced with female bits and become 100% female
    Well, none of us can ever hope to become '100% female'. It simply isn't possible. But if you mean if by some magic I could somehow be transported back through time and become the 14 year old girl that I went through most of my childhood believing I was supposed to be, sure. While it would not match, gender wise, everything about me, it would solve the greatest of problems I face. I've always been good at problem solving; but this problem with trying to figure out how to be honest about my crossdressing and managing to be attractive to women is something that's eluded me for several decades, and I'm no closer to figuring it out now than I was when I was 15, and still have no idea of how to begin......and it appears that neither does anyone else. The internet is a huge place; and with all the people out there, NO ONE has come up with a valid solution. All we have, is just go out and date or try to date everyone we are attracted to, and we still only have a 100:1 chance of even finding another person who's barely o.k. with our crossdressing; then when you put being compatible in other way into the equation, it becomes virtually impossible.

So if it was possible to become the girl I was supposed to be, and live the life I thought I was going to, sure. But if you're offering me the option of becoming an overweight, homely middle aged, single woman, well that's not any better than where I am now. In fact, in many ways it will be even worse. So for that option, no thanks.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Short answer: In another life that I didnt have kids and wife.. yes. (Course maybe things could have been easier and id been born the right sex)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm with ya,,,I don't think HRT is the ultimate step ,,,There are a few other things ,,Maybe check the trans section,,,LOL,,,, See what they say an let me know ? For all the rest the first step is Total Acceptance of yourself,,Just my thoughts,,,, YIKE'S ,,,,This is me holding my hands over my head to protect myself from the backlash!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

This step may be appropriate for other people with more of a female balance than me but I love both my male and female sides. For example I don't regard my genitals as a hideous birth defect unlike many TSs do. Rachel will always be an important part of me but so is Dave and I don't want to lose him either.
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Sweetie? This is a crossdressing forum. Crossdressers like to wear women's clothes, not BE women.
    Could not have said it better. No way would I make a switch that had any permanency.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    Taking hormones is not the ultimate crossdresser step as many have pointed out.
    Exactly! Everybody should be happy if they know they are a CDer. If you like your male side you should avoid hormones at all costs. Don't even consider them if you want to have an active sex life because your tool may not work very well once you are on hormones for a while. If you want boobs you probably won't get much help there either because most TS women are not satisfied with the results.

Only consider transition if your GID is unmanageable and seek out a gender therapist if you are considering transitioning. It's serious business and must be done with the proper health care.

Sometimes one wants to transition and become a woman but cannot for various reasons....so they crossdress so they can appear more like a woman. So yes some crossdressers do want to be a woman. If I did have SRS and became a woman I would have to appear as a man for some occasions so I would still be crossdressing to appear as a man. Crossdressing is a person of one sex wearing the attire of the opposite. The reasons and desires have little to do with whether or not you are a crossdresser.

At this point in my life I want to be able to appear as if I was a woman. It will take time but I have no doubt I will be able to create the illusion very well one day.

If you have access to the Private GM section, there is a thread entitled "Would You Transition?" which essentially asks the same question.

If you transition as described by the OP, you are not a cross dresser, but a transsexual (using broad definitions). HRT and surgery is not a more advanced level of cross dressing.
    Last edited by Melissa Rose; 09-30-2012 at 11:27 AM.